Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

somekindofguy posted:

Well:

-The intersection of channers and white nationalists/supremacists, ironic or otherwise, is a nonzero number (see /pol/)
-Pepe is certainly a channer meme

So it wouldn't surprise me if some people used Pepe for white nationalist memes (again, ironic or not). lovely people do exist.

Also Trump/Pepe combos, but that's another matter.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-trumps-whole-election-strategy-relies-internet-nazis/

Apparently it's an 8chan thing and they're neo-nazis who are using memes to draw people in and spread hate speech, and are now trying to influence Trump and his campaign by getting him to spread memes as well. Or something.

8Chan Poster posted:

People come here for the dank memes and then, after a time that is determined by open-mindedness of the person, stay because they want to gas the kikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hitler might have done some things wrong.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Everyone makes mistakes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Hitler might have done some things wrong.

Feels gut, overman.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

pepe has been in hundreds/thousands of pics of weird gross poo poo for the past two years after i think katy perry tweeted pepe out and /r9k/ went berserk and launched 'pee pee poo poo' (search for pepe + that if you want to see them for some reason).

the whole point was to turn it 180 back from a normie meme into something a lot worse

daywalkers like me who traverse the meme deep web have known pepe to be a Bad Thing for years. when you've seen pics of pepe cutting off dicks/limbs on the Feels guy and pissing and making GBS threads everywhere, adding a swastika might almost be an improvement

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

PittTheElder posted:

The Face McFace thing is dumb.

McFace McMcFaceface

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Jamesman posted:

Cracked.com

using memes to draw in innocent normies

anyone posting on 8chan

lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H9pptsP3EE

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Mortimer posted:

when you've seen pics of pepe cutting off dicks/limbs on the Feels guy and pissing and making GBS threads everywhere, adding a swastika might almost be an improvement

Have you ever, in a million years, thought that one day you'd write this?

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I've seen memes you wouldn't believe. Pepes cutting off making GBS threads-dicknipples on the boards of /b/. I've watched wojak react to which nationalities are actually white. All these memes will be lost like tears in rain. Time to post.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/wR1920c.mp4

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Please show your work.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

From the same logic and math that lets you turn any curve of any shape into a collection of sine waves, Fourier analysis

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

it's sorta right, they've been using him more and more

Yeah I don't know what world y'all have been paying attention to but the Pepe poo poo has been used more and more by the worst kind of internet right wingers for the last year or so. It didn't expressly start that way but it's definitely more that than anything else now.

Needs to be shown in every math class as why math is useful in the real world.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I walked past a comic shop last night and there was a hardcover copy of boys club in the window.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

My master's thesis is in numerical simulation of partial differential equations and this is the most illuminating visualization of Fourier decomposition that I've ever seen.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

My master's thesis is in numerical simulation of partial differential equations and this is the most illuminating visualization of Fourier decomposition that I've ever seen.

You're the second person to mention this so I'd like to know more - got any accessible resources for this sort of thing for a person that can tolerate heavy math but not too much?

Like, I've tried to do DSP before using FFT but I never got it. Never had an epiphany about how it worked.

Tyronenuggets
Oct 15, 2013

wrong thread

Tyronenuggets has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Sep 14, 2016

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

rodbeard posted:

I walked past a comic shop last night and there was a hardcover copy of boys club in the window.

Did you look back?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

smdh that they didn't choose Harambe McApeface

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It's fake.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

some day Matt Furie is going to come back to the Internet and be loving bewildered by what they've done with his creations

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Zelder posted:

some day Matt Furie is going to come back to the Internet and be loving bewildered by what they've done with his creations

http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/09/pepe-the-frogs-creator-matt-furie-discusses-trump-memes.html

His reaction to everything has basically been "IDGAF"

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Serious blog writer doesn't understand 'no, it's just dumb cartoons' is a troll during a serious blog interview. Gets printed in the serious blog article as a serious comment. You could say it...

Feels good man

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zelder posted:

Apparently people are trying diligently to get Wikipedia to reflect the new reality of Pepe.

And I have learned a little more about how frequently OS X updates its cache of Wikipedia articles.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

I wonder when America will ban unwholesome memes like Russia did.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

PittTheElder posted:

The Face McFace thing is dumb.

That's why it's funny.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

hard counter posted:

Twitters working as hard as they can my dude

Dead Jedi
Oct 25, 2010

hard counter posted:

From my cold dead hands.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if russia bans pacha memes, i'm gonna pack up and move there right the gently caress now

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BillmasterCozb posted:

if russia bans pacha memes, i'm gonna pack up and move there right the gently caress now

:same:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

BillmasterCozb posted:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9u26N3R_zQ

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

When the self destruct sequence is just right.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJxNv2m7qns

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

somekindofguy posted:

-The intersection of Hilary Clinton and white nationalists/supremacists, is a nonzero number
-Pepe is certainly a channer meme

Agreed on both points.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

perfect reactions imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
pepe is cute