Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Larrymer posted:

Seems like a steal if you can live with the paint job. Though I wonder if there are holes in the roof from the lights...

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5770338068.html

Holy gently caress that sold quick. I would have bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Under 10k miles but I guarantee you it has been absolutely flogged for most of them.

That isn't to say it was a bad deal, though. They maintain the hell out of their cars too.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

I don't know, all of the pictures of phone conversations rather than of the car itself are some what suspect. But what a deal.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Not quite double posting because :drat:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5759769615.html

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GTRs bottomed out around $8,000 here.

in ~2010 you could get a GT-R for $8k-$10k, A 1jz soarer, 2jz aristo, or 300zx twin turbo for $3k-$4k

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Powershift posted:

GTRs bottomed out around $8,000 here.

Somehow they cost more than that in Japan. :psyduck: They start at $10,000ish for the boatmobile, $15k for the R32 and somehow $40k for the R34.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

RillAkBea posted:

Somehow they cost more than that in Japan. :psyduck: They start at $10,000ish for the boatmobile, $15k for the R32 and somehow $40k for the R34.

There we only 11k R34 GT-Rs built to 16k R33s and 44k R342s, so R34 GTRs will never be less than 30 grand. Based on the number that were around, i would say AT LEAST a couple thousand R32 GT-Rs ended up in canada.

I remember ratty R32 GT-Rs being $5k on goonet. they've all pretty much doubled these days, I would imagine there aren't many left.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Powershift posted:

There we only 11k R34 GT-Rs built to 16k R33s and 44k R342s, so R34 GTRs will never be less than 30 grand. Based on the number that were around, i would say AT LEAST a couple thousand R32 GT-Rs ended up in canada.

I remember ratty R32 GT-Rs being $5k on goonet. they've all pretty much doubled these days, I would imagine there aren't many left.

Ah, fair enough, didn't know they had made so few.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Octopus Magic posted:

You do know that naturally aspirated 13Bs run basically forever?

But sure I do love them jokes. Ho ho ho.

My Parents had the Chevy Blazer version of those, and they sucked. Awful handling, awful ride, felt like you were going to take off at 70mph.

Blown monroe shocks. I had a 2dr 5.3L swap and was a blast. Speedo only went to 100mph so just got louder as you went faster.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Everyone I know with a R32 in Maryland paid less than 15k for it and they're as clean as they get. We have a big importer right next door in Virginia.

Each one is craddled like a delicate baby. Any and all RB engine sounds amazing so you might want to consider paying half the price or do what I did and just swap a RB25 into a 240sx for even cheaper.

IMO if you are willing to spend that much you could just save that money and wait 9 years and get a R34 or S15 and be king of the JDM nerds in your area.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Thief posted:

Everyone I know with a R32 in Maryland paid less than 15k for it and they're as clean as they get. We have a big importer right next door in Virginia.

There were quite a few cheapish non-GT-R R32s in Japan, quite a few of them were grandma-mobiles that obviously hadn't done much more than fetch groceries since they were purchased but now that 25 year rule kicked in they've all gone.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I await the legal AZ-1 Autozam patiently.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

KakerMix posted:

I await the legal AZ-1 Autozam patiently.

Just a few more years, then we can import them and do really dumb stuff to them.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

wargames posted:

Just a few more years, then we can import them and do really dumb stuff to them.
Dumber stuff than this group?

Unfortunately you can't see any of the cool fun stuff but there were at least 2 pretend Ferraris, the 787 livery up front there as well as an all carbon fiber conversion way at the back.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
That 787-liveried one! :3: Even better than the 787-liveried MX-5s I've seen!

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

RillAkBea posted:

Dumber stuff than this group?

Unfortunately you can't see any of the cool fun stuff but there were at least 2 pretend Ferraris, the 787 livery up front there as well as an all carbon fiber conversion way at the back.

I mean the kawasaki h2r engine in a 1600 pound car dumb, those engines should be available in some form when that car becomes legal. I mean who wouldn't a 300 hp 14,000 rpm 1 liter engine?

wargames fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 10, 2016

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

A few years ago I recall an Autozam popping up on Vancouver craigslist. I think it was around $13-15k? I gotta say I really wanted it...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Just had a look at japancaraccess.com and they're going there for $7700 upwards. Shipping would probably put another $1500 on that at most.

http://www.japancaraccess.com/detail-op/mazda/autozam-az-1-248547647

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I am in Hawaii right now and find myself trolling craigs while having morning coffee.

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/cto/5748834035.html

quote:

First, to the coward that keeps flagging my ad, I can't imagine why you'd flag the ad, unless you were scared by a Delorean when you were keiki but if you don't like the car let others have a chance to see it.
If you have some issue with me personally then contact me directly like adults are supposed to.
If you can't do that just understand that I can post the ad just as many times as you can flag it.

I have found only one other Delorean Turbo like this for sale anywhere. 174 CID 6-cylinder, 5-speed manual with a BAE factory installed single turbo, Vehicle has power windows, remote locks and factory A/C. The other Delorean on the mainland is for sale at $48,900.00 and can be found easily on-line and there is one in Los Angeles, asking price $42,000.00. I should add that in looking around I haven't found one Delorean for sale for less than $30,000.00, much less one right here in the islands.

While looking for this car I found interesting Delorean facts. DMC " Delorean Motor Company " located in Houston, Texas not only has every part you would need for this Delorean but also sells used Deloreans starting at $45,000.00. They will soon offer a Delorean replica that looks like the original Delorean but will have a different drive train. This replica will start at " $ 100,000.00 plus " according to DMC.

The almost identical original car here on the Big Island is $ 28,000.00. Mileage is only 15 thousand original miles, includes a 10 disc CD changer, mirror tinted windows, additional LED, H-4 lighting and of course those GullWing doors that open up.
I have replaced everything necessary due to the age of the vehicle and the long time it was in storage. A list of items and receipts will be gladly shown to any interested buyer that views the car.

Pictures posted. All Deloreans look essentially the same and you cannot test drive a picture so those seriously interested please contact me for an appointment to see this vehicle.

You will not be disappointed.

Mahalo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Nice.

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/5779951371.html

edit: Just noticed the miles. Would for 2k.

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 13, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Would.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nah I'd hold out for an LT1 version.

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down

Cage posted:

Nice.

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/5779951371.html

edit: Just noticed the miles. Would for 2k.

Ugh, just looking at this thing pisses me off, some dickhead dumped the exact same car on my block for 3 months now. Hasn't moved once, and he doesn't even live on the block.

aaaaaaanyways...

Wonder if this thing is a legit survivor or a well done resto. I think the BIN price is way out there but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if he gets it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Comanche-Laredo-/201667318389?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ef44f1275:g:YAYAAOSw-kdX1tjT&item=201667318389

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:shittypop: oh myyy

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

Ugh, just looking at this thing pisses me off, some dickhead dumped the exact same car on my block for 3 months now. Hasn't moved once, and he doesn't even live on the block.

aaaaaaanyways...

Wonder if this thing is a legit survivor or a well done resto. I think the BIN price is way out there but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if he gets it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Comanche-Laredo-/201667318389?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ef44f1275:g:YAYAAOSw-kdX1tjT&item=201667318389

Paging Kastien...
I want to get a kickstarter together to buy him that and let him do dirty, dirty things to it.

Edit:

:siren: NEW GAME TIME! :frogsiren:

Search your local craigslist for 1977 and see what comes up.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 13, 2016

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
...$1800 for an El Camino
$6500 for a Grenada.

k.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

http://evansville.craigslist.org/cto/5768730035.html

Nothing really exceptional.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

...$1800 for an El Camino

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

5.7 on the Sockington Rust scale

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

:whatup:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'm not trying to be mean, but why? They're not fast, not really comfortable, no technology, will kill you in a crash, and gets horrible mileage. Is this just one of the memes this forum goes through were awful cars are so bad people lust over them (see: dumb combines harvesters).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

quote:

iM SELLING MY UNCLE 1977 OLDS 98 2 DR REGENCY ..ORG OWNER ...NO WINTERS AT ALL ..GARAGED KEPT EXCELLENT IN OUT 46 K MILES ...VERY RARE COLOR COMBO...MUSEUM QUALITY ...350 4BBL FULLY EQUIPT WHITE LEATHER INTERIOR...HE ALWAYS HAD A SEC CAR FOR DAILY DRIVING AS U CAN SEE..ASKING 9999 OR BEST OFFER...NONE IN USA LIKE THIS COLOR COMBO AND CONDITION...ORGINAL PAPER WORK AND ORIGINAL SPARE NEVER DOWN..CAR NEED NOTHING ALL CURRENT..

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Cage posted:

I'm not trying to be mean, but why? They're not fast, not really comfortable, no technology, will kill you in a crash, and gets horrible mileage. Is this just one of the memes this forum goes through were awful cars are so bad people lust over them (see: dumb combines harvesters).

You lack humanity friend.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I don't know how I feel about this.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Cage posted:

If you would've waited just like a month and a half you could've hit the one year mark. Shame...

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

drat, looks super clean. Wonder what's wrong with it (guessing major rust but body looks ok?) or if just a scam. Emailed dude, gonna call tomorrow.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5775355419.html

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
If it's for real, buy it. They were still carbed at that point but the EFI manifolds and all that goes along with that are relatively cheap. As are used engines and transmissions, and if you wanted to go EJ, those are cheap, plentiful and fit in those engine bays with preexisting kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

Dannywilson posted:

If it's for real, buy it. They were still carbed at that point but the EFI manifolds and all that goes along with that are relatively cheap. As are used engines and transmissions, and if you wanted to go EJ, those are cheap, plentiful and fit in those engine bays with preexisting kits.

:greenangel:

"3 jeeps and a Subaru brat: how AI ruined my life"