Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Credit heist is back today, got 5 mil total from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
7.5m here, got 17m and I don't know what to do with it, heh. Probably smartest to save it for the new mods.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

7.5m here, got 17m and I don't know what to do with it, heh. Probably smartest to save it for the new mods.

I dunno, I don't think saving is a great idea. They will always come out with new ways to make credits, better to spend them now on stuff that will let you be able to do that new stuff.

They posted the latest community update:

quote:

Hey Everyone,

What happened this week?

We had a server outage on 9/8/2016 that lasted for roughly 5 hours. We sent out the currencies that players would have been able to obtain in a day, as well as some other bonuses.

There is still an issue where the Guild Leaderboard has 5 Guilds at the top of the list with some very high scores that are not correct. This is a display issue that was caused by the outage on 9/8/2016. The game team is still working on a fix for this so that the correct Guilds are at the top.

What is happening next week?

The Assault Battles: Forest Moon event returns! Here are some additional details on the event:

Return to the Forest Moon starting September 15th. This event will run for 3 days, is balanced for 5 characters at level 78+, and requires either Empire or Droid characters.

Both tiers rebalanced to require mods. Similar to Military Might, you will need approximately 1-2 star mods for Tier 1. Tier 2 requires approximately 4-5 star mods, gear level 10, and level 80 units with maxed out abilities. Tier 2 is now called the “Bonus Tier” (was “Tier II (Very Hard)”). This tier is intended as a challenge for users who have a maxed out squad and desire a truly difficult experience. Earning the Achievement still only requires completion of Tier 1.

Bonus Tier has had the following mechanical improvements for added difficulty:

The Ewok Elder in the Final Boss wave of the Bonus tier will now resurrect all dead Ewoks when he is killed. You have been warned!

Chief Chirpa has much higher tenacity in wave 8.

In both tiers, deadly Ewoks now have a non-dispellable buff called “Deadly” to help increase mechanic clarity. Free replays changed to match Military Might. Rewards for first time completion adjusted upwards.

Replay rewards adjusted upwards.

Slightly lowered speed of Ewok Scouts & Warriors in Tier 1 (~5-8%) across the board. (They’re still pretty fast though.)

Omega Battles are back!

Omega Battles will run this coming Wednesday (September 14th) and Thursday (September 15th).

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hopefully my Empire squad can clean up. I wonder which Omega battles are coming too?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I will never be able to compete in these events why do I try Jesus Ewok Christ

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

WerrWaaa posted:

I will never be able to compete in these events why do I try Jesus Ewok Christ

Focus on one at a time. I suggest the credit heist, because it's a ton of money, and 3 scoundrels are also rebels (both Hans, Lando)

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Good Christ I was just about to post how nice it's going to be to be back all in on jaws's for the next raid. Hi, 88, 86, RG, yeahhhhh gently caress you game I am still one short. Unless a 5* g8 80 Vader will work, because I can make that happen in a day.

Just wait that separatist event has to be coming. And then no one will be ready. Whales of course will be fine.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Just wait that separatist event has to be coming. And then no one will be ready. Whales of course will be fine.

Yeah, if you're F2P, there aren't many options. On the plus side, there's a decent chance you already have 2-3:
Dooku
GS
Poggle
Asajj

Then pick 1:
Nute
IG-100

P2W Separatists:
e: B2
Sun Fac
GSpy
Grievous

I'm actually thinking about getting started on GG. Vader is the only person I'm buying in the shop these days, although if Wedge ever shows up I'd buy his shards too. As for GW, I'm working on shards for NI just in case there's ever an NS event, and then all I have left are Tusken Raider and MTrooper. I don't see myself actually farming either of them. I might even leave NI at 230 shards (6*) because we usually have some warning about a new type of event, and 6-7* in GW is 7 days.

e: Oh yeah, you're right, B2 isn't P2W anymore. Still gotta choose between Wedge and mods though if you want to farm him...

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 10, 2016

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
B2 is in Cantina nodes now, yes?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I stopped playing for a little bit but i'm back on the wagon now, and need a reinvite to guild.

https://swgoh.gg/u/pyronicex/

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 11, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Droid smuggling is back. Believe it or not with all the money the new credit heist has made me, I've just about run out of training droids.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Dr. Venture posted:

Droid smuggling is back. Believe it or not with all the money the new credit heist has made me, I've just about run out of training droids.

Same here..... is this game getting.... better??????

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

dandaman posted:

Same here..... is this game getting.... better??????

I wish they would do something about the ridiculous speed meta, but other than that everything is pretty groovy right now.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
My only wish is that the servers would crash more often.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
My biggest wish right now is that they will do 1 of 2 things:
1) Remove speed from all secondary stats (leaving the set bonus and the one primary)
2) Limit secondary speed to 1 or 1.5 times the dots...so 5 dot piece could have 5 or 7 speed, 6 dot could have 6 or 9 speed -- because right now people having former 6 dot cards with 20 speed is some bullshit.

I would be happy with either of these solutions. They would put the game back in a decent balance.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The 20+ speed secondary stats are not from old 6* mods, they are purple/gold mods that rolled speed bonuses multiple times. It is still possible to create new ones.

Edit
QGJ is at the end of its first t7 raid, if anyone hasn't logged in today and wants credit they should log in soon.

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 13, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Fenris13 posted:

The 20+ speed secondary stats are not from old 6* mods, they are purple/gold mods that rolled speed bonuses multiple times. It is still possible to create new ones.

Edit
QGJ is at the end of its first t7 raid, if anyone hasn't logged in today and wants credit they should log in soon.

The issue I feel is that it was easy as hell to farm mods at 100% drop and the mod appreciation weekend that they need to do again meant maxing a ton to fish for good ones went from slightly difficult to good luck making that perfect set without millions of credits and hundreds of crystals when they made all the changes. Its basically precrafting 2.0 and like it they will not do anything to help people who did not play during that time.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I created a google doc to track my purple & mod farm rates since I was getting tilted seeing no rewards pop up ever.

My mod drop rate is at 15% right now, less if you remove non 5* mods that dropped in the 5* challenge. Also its been 75% grey top left rectangles. So I rarely get rewarded for spending energy, and when I do get a drop its the most abundant mod at the lowest rarity.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Jerkface posted:

My mod drop rate is at 15% right now, less if you remove non 5* mods that dropped in the 5* challenge. Also its been 75% grey top left rectangles. So I rarely get rewarded for spending energy, and when I do get a drop its the most abundant mod at the lowest rarity.

Sounds exactly like my experience with farming mods. It's a pretty cool system they have going there.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Yeah mod farming is pretty awful. Been spending a refresh a day farming crit dmg mods for a few weeks now with almost nothing to show for it.

Out of 300 odd mods I have not one is a 5* crit dmg primary...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Fenris13 posted:

Edit

So...how come they still have 4 secondary bonuses then?

e: Oh, I think I get it. While leveling, it upgraded the speed bonus multiple times instead of doing one of the others? Either way, 20 speed on a secondary is at least 2x too much.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I agree it is pretty absurd, and almost completly restricted to the laND of the whales. The top guy in our arena has a Rex with +103 speed from mods. I can only win on offense against him because of Rexs poor ai, if they ever fix that he will be unbeatable to me.

I just wanted to avoid any misconception that these types of mods are exclusive to legacy players.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

KingOfTheTramps posted:

Yeah mod farming is pretty awful. Been spending a refresh a day farming crit dmg mods for a few weeks now with almost nothing to show for it.

Out of 300 odd mods I have not one is a 5* crit dmg primary...

Yeah, this is a pretty rare primary. I don't want to sound too conspiratorial, but I think mods 1, 3, and 5 have a higher droprate than 2, 4, and 6, something like 2-1 ratio. I haven't kept track of this, but I never sell my 2/4/6 mk5 mods (except like crit avoidance), whereas I sell boatloads of 1/3/5 mods. I currently have 7-9 each 1/3/5 mods in my inventory, and no 2/4/6 mods (because they are equipped). I'm at the point where if I get a white 1/3/5 mod, I sell it before leveling it, because I don't care if it has 5 speed on it. I don't sell white 2/4/6 mods because I don't have enough of them. So, on top of that, you have something like a 1/6 (probable) chance on the crit damage for slot 4. I currently have 2 of these mods, and one is mk4 (but it's a crit chance set and has +3 speed, so still worth it).

Just to be clear though, my own personal experience is too small of a sample size to prove anything. I have acquired 337 mods.

e: whoops, meant to add. (337/6 mods)/6 options = 9 crit damage mod drops, which is unlikely but not impossible to see 2. Even at 2/3 likelihood ((337*2/3)/6 mods)/ 6 options = 6 crit damage mod drops. So it could even be 3:1. I'd be curious to see what other people have seen with first column vs second column mod drop rates.

Fenris13 posted:

I agree it is pretty absurd, and almost completly restricted to the laND of the whales. The top guy in our arena has a Rex with +103 speed from mods. I can only win on offense against him because of Rexs poor ai, if they ever fix that he will be unbeatable to me.

I just wanted to avoid any misconception that these types of mods are exclusive to legacy players.

That's good to know. I was under the impression that this was the case. I've yet to see any mods other than the Health or Defense with more than 10 secondary speed on them. I guess it's just rare and few people have farmed a ton of other mods -- which makes it fairly exclusive to players who jumped on that like 2 day modstravaganza.

e2: I found someone with a 13 speed crit chance mod...so...there's that

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 13, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
JKA done, who should be next? Jawa, chirpa, lando, aayla? My jawa squad is in better shape than ewoks so I should do them first. But maybe I should get lando before finishing jawa. Aayla seems redundant to all my other jedi but would be good now that I have JKA as a JKA, yoda, lando, aayla, lum squad.

Keep in mind i have 36 7* lvl80 dudes.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

JKA done, who should be next? Jawa, chirpa, lando, aayla? My jawa squad is in better shape than ewoks so I should do them first. But maybe I should get lando before finishing jawa. Aayla seems redundant to all my other jedi but would be good now that I have JKA as a JKA, yoda, lando, aayla, lum squad.

Keep in mind i have 36 7* lvl80 dudes.

Lando

Oh wait, do you have Wedge? Cause Wedge. Then Lando

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Oh god another cantina toon. I guess wedge although i just got murdered by a lando led team.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It was mentioned in QGJ chat that we should look at scheduling or at least giving more notice for t7 raids so that people don't miss out on them. I feel like the Monday noonish start time worked pretty well, and would like to see Monday at 10 am pst, 1pm est be a regular thing. I would like to propose Friday evening as the second regular raid start time. I feel if one of our regular raids starts early, then it is fair for the other to start latter. The problem with this is that many people don't want raid start times to conflict with Arena end times, which leaves us a fairly small start window between being to late on the east coast, and the end of the west coast arena. I think 7 or 7:30 pm pst, 10ish est is the defacto time, but if anyone wants to argue a different time or day feel free to speak up.

*edit*

I just switched to a high speed ST Han team in arena, and when the team works the results are hilarious. I only took one attack from the enemy team in my last match.

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 14, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

In IGD, we start all raids with a ~12 hour no damage registration period. You have to broadcast it in here and in game a lot, but it works. So, I start a raid around 9PM pacific, but we don't do damage until 9AM. This way everyone gets raid loot...have to login during about a 15 hour time period. We are also now alternating between 9AM and 9PM for damage start time so that more people have a better chance at loot - but you still need people available for those times that can clear P1...so double check that.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Fenris13 posted:

It was mentioned in QGJ chat that we should look at scheduling or at least giving more notice for t7 raids so that people don't miss out on them. I feel like the Monday noonish start time worked pretty well, and would like to see Monday at 10 am pst, 1pm est be a regular thing. I would like to propose Friday evening as the second regular raid start time. I feel if one of our regular raids starts early, then it is fair for the other to start latter. The problem with this is that many people don't want raid start times to conflict with Arena end times, which leaves us a fairly small start window between being to late on the east coast, and the end of the west coast arena. I think 7 or 7:30 pm pst, 10ish est is the defacto time, but if anyone wants to argue a different time or day feel free to speak up.

*edit*

I just switched to a high speed ST Han team in arena, and when the team works the results are hilarious. I only took one attack from the enemy team in my last match.

I have a social life, so I'd vote against Friday evening.

...says the guy posting in SA about a Star Wars phone game.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

That's good to know. I was under the impression that this was the case. I've yet to see any mods other than the Health or Defense with more than 10 secondary speed on them. I guess it's just rare and few people have farmed a ton of other mods -- which makes it fairly exclusive to players who jumped on that like 2 day modstravaganza.

e2: I found someone with a 13 speed crit chance mod...so...there's that

I just got this mod 2 days ago (started out as a gold mod):

Now I just need like 5 more of them. I am up to 532 mods acquired...

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?

MichiganCubbie posted:

I have a social life, so I'd vote against Friday evening.

...says the guy posting in SA about a Star Wars phone game.

I nullify your vote with a, I have no social life and vote in favor of Friday evening.

Nothing to see here folks.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I just went back and looked at the changes they made to the military might event. And looking over the notes for the ewok event. These people either never play their own game or really really hate the people who do. I mean they even made a joke about having to disable palpys special since the 10x damage multiplier he has meant it left everyone with 1 hp after his first turn. And tier 2 killing the last boss ewok results in the resurrection of all dead ewok(I am hoping they don't gently caress that up and have him res himself so the fight can never end)

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

I mean they even made a joke about having to disable palpys special since the 10x damage multiplier he has meant it left everyone with 1 hp after his first turn.

Wait, I missed that. Do you have a link?

e: Credit heist is up!

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Jawa squad soaking up all my credits. 2 are 80 7*, one is 70 6*, one is 70 7*, one is not yet unlocked. They all need those stupid tier 4 tank items.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

Wait, I missed that. Do you have a link?

e: Credit heist is up!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/65098/game-updates-8-30-2016

"Removed the new "auto deal damage to Rebels" from Palpatine in this event. It turns out 10x damage automatically at the end of his turn would instantly reduce almost anyone to 1hp. Oops."

It's about the 4th to last thing in the military might section. Really you can almost tell by the wording that they found it by accident.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm pretty optimistic that I'll be able to beat the upcoming jaws event. I've got nearly maxed out Palpy, RG, Vader, Tarkin, and 88. I can switch in HK47 if things trend that way instead.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

I'm pretty optimistic that I'll be able to beat the upcoming jaws event. I've got nearly maxed out Palpy, RG, Vader, Tarkin, and 88. I can switch in HK47 if things trend that way instead.

I will have HK, 88, 86 and rg all 7 star and mostly 4-5pip mods. With palpy being 5 stars I am a bit worried about him though.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I completely breezed through it with 7* Palp, 7* RG, 7* 86, 7* 88 and level 50 5* Vader (and no mods on 86,88,Vader). They didn't even get through my protection. It's really easy, much easier than the Rebel/Clone one.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Vulpes posted:

I completely breezed through it with 7* Palp, 7* RG, 7* 86, 7* 88 and level 50 5* Vader (and no mods on 86,88,Vader). They didn't even get through my protection. It's really easy, much easier than the Rebel/Clone one.

Same. I had 7* 80 G8 IG-86, 7* 80 G9 Palp, 7* G10 RG, 5* 80 G7 Vader, 6* 80 G8 Hk-47. The only one who even lost any protection was IG-86. It was stupidly easy which is weird after the rebel event took more tries and I had an definitively stronger team. No mods on Vader or Hk-47.

I used Palp AOE on the first wave of hard hitting shitters, then HK-47 on the next wave, then Hk-47 again, then both on the final wave. The waves that didn't have damage boosted idiots I just played straight up. Most of them got 1 shot :confused:

Weird event

edit: even cleared the bonus tier 2 with this team just as easily. Palp op

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 15, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Yeah agree, with arena class characters it's a pushover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Money, droids, gear in shard shop, an event I can actually complete (even the hard version!) I'm finally having a lot of fun with this game. It's weird to be excited to log in as opposed to feeling obligated to do chores because it's Star Wars.

:unsmith: