Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

early ios10 reactions: seems mostly fine, but the messages app is insanely retarded now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

poty posted:

for anyone following my adventures with bated breath this made everything work again without having to restore

after the download got interrupted in the middle and had to start from 0 a couple of times

i miss you steve

the itunes desktop app and bad/broken online services remind me of steve too

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

*48 hours in* yeah, still listening!!! i think the musicians in this song are trying to tell me to burn down the building, another 12 hours and i'm sure i'll have worked out what they're saying!" *chugs 3 more 5 hour energy bottles*

some of these goons are loving terrified of interacting with other human beings even for an instant so they need to be headphoned up and listening to their lossless video game and anime soundtracks every waking moment of the day

me, I'm a big music guy, I have a 1000GB FLAC collection and expensive headphones and gear and I still listen to nothing half the time I'm at work or riding the train or w/e. 5 hours of continuous listening time would be plenty.

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 13, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Linguica posted:

early ios10 reactions: seems mostly fine, but the messages app is insanely retarded now

it rules

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
OTA update worked fine for me on my pinku 6s+ with normal headphones.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
spamming lots of digital touch dick drawings to friends this suits my needs fine

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

pyf stickers

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

pewds...

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I don't know who that is.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

maniacdevnull posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru4StaLsrtw&t=30s

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
do the stickers yell rape?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

the real fuckin tragedy here is that we get one lame rear end new ocean wave wallpaper with iOS 10???????? one?

get hosed, timothy

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
why would you upgrade to ios 10?

the preview showed off quite thoroughly how clownshoes it will be, especially the messages app

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

a youtube billionaire

(as in, not for creating the company or anything, but for posting screamy videos about video games)

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

it's me, I was the edge case still swiping to unlock. (pin code on 4 hour timeout) now I get to press the home button to unlock, which hopefully won't happen in my pocket

edit: holy fuc there are a lot of things in messages that will get sent out without even hitting the send button

big shtick energy fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 14, 2016

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

speaking of gruber

quote:

When high performance is called for, the A10 Fusion uses two performance optimized cores. When it’s not, is uses two energy-efficiency-optimized cores. To my knowledge there has never been a system like this in a phone.

is this anything different to a big.little SoC, like basically every android has had forever, or is this just gruber grubering

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dazjw posted:

speaking of gruber

is this anything different to a big.little SoC, like basically every android has had forever, or is this just gruber grubering
it's the same thing yeah

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what are gruber's qualifications again? what I'm asking is would anybody read his lovely blog if there weren't so many Apple Boys looking for validation

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

dazjw posted:

speaking of gruber

fuckin lol

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

poty posted:

it sounds like the problem is that upgrading ota downloads 10.0

using itunes you get 10.0.1

so use itunes

I upgraded OTA to the GM seed a week ago and it was 10.0.1

I don't think it's an OTA vs iTunes thing

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

dazjw posted:

speaking of gruber

It's possible that's it's something somewhat different from big.LITTLE, which would be cool, but a high level yes it's it same basic idea

of course the apple implementation won't be hamstrung by having to try (and fail) to get scheduler changes into the mainline linux kernel. the whole "energy aware scheduler" thing seemed to turn into kind of a clusterfuck

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

dazjw posted:

speaking of gruber

it's really nice when someone is considerate enough to include an indication that they have no clue what the gently caress they are talking about.

maybe next he can talk about how amazing and innovative apple is for using gaskets for waterproofing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

we're talking about the guy from die hard, right? sick movie

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

dazjw posted:

speaking of gruber

it's built with actually good processors

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
snapdragon 820 (the fastest one atm) JetStream score: 36
A10 JetStream score: 169

lol

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

snapdragon 820 (the fastest one atm) JetStream score: 36
A10 JetStream score: 169

lol

more like napdragon

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Bobby Digital posted:

more like napdragon

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

mobile cpus that have to to aim at china fire on 8 to 12 cores or something because ~marketing stats~ still roll strong there

very weird and it being a totally parallel world to Good Phone users make sense so confusion is understood imho

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
has anyone mentioned that thread folding in iOS 10 mail appears to not work? I really love email threads getting exponentially worse to read through with every reply

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

FamDav posted:

has anyone mentioned that thread folding in iOS 10 mail appears to not work? I really love email threads getting exponentially worse to read through with every reply

apple is removing email in iOS 11

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Tim made iMessage great again

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if you want an email client that works, just get a different phone and STFU. sick of these loving apple haters

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

zen death robot posted:

the meme finder in iMessage is great

i hope yahoo ports the tumblr gif search they have in their ff app to imessage

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

uncurable mlady posted:

i hope yahoo ports the tumblr gif search they have in their ff app to imessage

Same for gmess hangout wavello duo xl championship arcade edition or whatever

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
well iMessages is the dumbest app ever now, this is actually really great.

I reported one iMessage bug today too.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what the loving christ is this idiot bullshit?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

C.H.O.M.E posted:

well iMessages is the dumbest app ever now, this is actually really great.

I reported one iMessage bug today too.

whats the name of the cat stickers

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

zen death robot posted:

I keep sending my wife dat boi with lasers and fireworks

The fast paced life of a Something Awful administrator

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

uncurable mlady posted:

whats the name of the cat stickers

CatPaint: I paid $.99 for it, best dollar I ever spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

My new telephone operation system gives me instant access to all the best memes

• Locked thread