Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

General Dog posted:

I hope Hillary wins but it's close enough the Republicans keep the House and maybe the Senate and everything basically stays the same. I'm pretty happy with where we're at

it would be a mother loving disaster if the dems swept everything. total wreckage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

if it makes you feel better i have a masters degree and ill be voting trump because i hate hillary/love chaos

if i were to feel better i would have just committed a thought crime, so just watch my facial expression closely and imagine i mumbled a catchphrase of bane from the batman movie

EugeneJ posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone staunchly defending Hillary on social media has a financial stake in her winning.

They'll never disclose that.

Bunch of white communications majors with jobs funded by the corrupt gravy train that is the Democratic Party.

this is definitely partially true, though you're under estimating how many 23 year old girls im friends with who just want to prove they're NOT RACIST and find it too complicated and sad to love bernie but not vote for the woman who denied him his fair shot at democracy even though bernie is telling you to

the biggest problem with neoliberalism is that the fat cat corruption at the top has a foundation that is 50 percent stupid, but genuinely trying to be kind and without greed types of people. they're going to be phone banking for someone or they won't feel complete, oh it's a woman?? and she swears she's the end to racism and poverty?

*smokes pot with art teacher, claims the revolution has finally begun*

extra stout fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 14, 2016

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Imo should counter with :frogout: the vote

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Trump is gods gift to the media

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Uncle Wemus posted:

Trump is gods gift to the media

the media has like a 2% approval rating right now, they are looking like complete clowns and dudes are tossing their careers out the window

he steamrolled through the conservative media and killed ben shapiro and glenn beck and we aren't even close

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
meanwhile im explaining pepe to my mom and gramma now and they are laughing their asses off

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

if it makes you feel better i have a masters degree and ill be voting trump because i hate hillary/love chaos

This is a good post.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

reallivedinosaur posted:

the media has like a 2% approval rating right now, they are looking like complete clowns and dudes are tossing their careers out the window

he steamrolled through the conservative media and killed ben shapiro and glenn beck and we aren't even close

Didn't he essentially blackmail Roger Ailes with information he had from a deal he brokered with an aggrieved party? And Ailes is out now too...

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Ork of Fiction posted:

Didn't he essentially blackmail Roger Ailes with information he had from a deal he brokered with an aggrieved party? And Ailes is out now too...

i everyone is saying he is in cohoots with ailes and maybe also putin and milo yiannopalous?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Toadvine posted:

Paul Krugman is gunning hard for an appointment

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/775706064029356032

So is this guy a comedy blogger or what?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

lazorexplosion posted:

So is this guy a comedy blogger or what?
In a manner of speaking.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

extra stout posted:

i make the mistake of replying to some neo liberal friends on facebook about this occasionally, and i am not kidding when i say basically everyone ever who goes to or taught at a college refuses to spend even a minute a week reading about gary johnson or jill stein, hell they do not even actually talk about hillary's voting record

it's an entire generation of leftists with no connection to the left but an extremely emotional connection to what the media and the campuses define as neoliberal ideas, i would bet of the last 10 times i replied to this poo poo this year, rather than say i lied, or cite a single source, the reply is WELL WHAT ARE YOU THEN, A TRUMP SUPPORTER? and i say 'no' and they go STILL IT'S YOUR FAULT IF HE WINS

what do you call a society where the only way you're approved to contribute to the political process is to....not talk about actual crimes and actual voted in policies by the wife of the president who may become president?

edit

i should explain, they define it as liberalism when i and most sane people who are familiar with history would clearly have to call it neoliberalism or what the right calls 'the regressive left'. i can't use cute titles for it or once again, i have just elected trump i'm sure

neoliberalism already has a definition, why do americans think words involving the word liberal don't already have a definition :downs:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Hillary is pretty cool.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

extra stout posted:

14 of the 16 talk show hosts bash him for an hour nightly... only 14??? only 14 of of the 16?? mods?? mods??? gently caress - i am president, the top mod

You'd think they'd be secretly donating to his campaign to guarantee four years of easy material.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Philthy posted:

Hillary is pretty cool.

false

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
1000 years ago probably: Oh, me wife and child died of the plague. Better get back to muh dirt farmin'. Praise Jaysus for this day where I'm not dead.

Today: OH MY GOD A FROG CARTOON MAN! HOW HORRIFYING. I"M REALLY TRIGGERED BY THIS IMAGE.

smdh

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

mdm posted:

neoliberalism already has a definition, why do americans think words involving the word liberal don't already have a definition :downs:

because we had the "neo-conservative" movement in the late 90s / early 00s which hosed up lots of things for us and the world at large, because they were idiots with a simple-minded worldview and infinite willingness to sell out the government process to their wealthy corporate masters (wall street, big energy, and the military industrial complex)

now we have the equal thing but from the other side, that is loving up lots of things for us and the world at large because they are idiots with simple-minded worldviews and infinite willingness to sell out the government process to a slightly different set of wealthy corporate masters (wall street, hollywood, and the military industrial complex but this time with drones)

Toadvine posted:

Paul Krugman is gunning hard for an appointment

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/775706064029356032

I used to like reading his blog for all the modern economics stuff. :(

I don't think he's going for appointments, he could have gotten one any time. Guy got a loving nobel prize. The summer of bernie just broke him. It was sad to watch.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
feels good man

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Klyith posted:

now we have the equal thing but from the other side

way, way off on what that word means

holy moly

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
neo geo

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

also the notion of democrats serving corporate interests and promoting conflict overseas isn't some brand new thing that just now emerged in the 21st century

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
and this isnt the first time an otherworldly beast has come to our dimension in human skin and tried to subjugate us

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Youd think Alex Jones would be against the candidate popularly depicted as a lizardman but I guess he sold out. David Icke 2020

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

mdm posted:

way, way off on what that word means

holy moly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberalism#Current_usage

lots of people are wrong, deal with it. usage is meaning.

Earwicker posted:

also the notion of democrats serving corporate interests and promoting conflict overseas isn't some brand new thing that just now emerged in the 21st century

I am aware which administration thought Henry Kissinger was a brilliant master of international escalation realpolitik

what I'm saying is that the reason the word gets used so much currently is that we just had a political movement with "neo" which had a big impact, therefore people are primed to use that word on the next one that steps up to bat.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Youd think Alex Jones would be against the candidate popularly depicted as a lizardman but I guess he sold out. David Icke 2020

Who's doing that? The whole reptoid thing is about old money power brokers controlling things from behind the scenes. Trump is a new money hustler who loves the spotlight. Have u even read Icke?!! Jeeze...

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Philthy posted:

Hillary is pretty cool.

Well when you die you typically assume the ambient temperature.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
A couple of hundered years after gutenburg's printing press, the feudal system collapsed. The internets been around about 20 years and has already shifted reality.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Is this the thread where we talk about the new DNC donor leaks and how the top spenders got to be ambassadors?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

various cheeses posted:

Is this the thread where we talk about the new DNC donor leaks and how the top spenders got to be ambassadors?

Until it gets moved to CSPAM and destroyed by insane garbos, sure.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Hillary Rodham Clinton is the handsomest woman on television

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

bring back lf

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuk_(mythology)

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Coincidence reigns.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Philthy posted:

Hillary is pretty cool.

Cause she's a reptilian and therefore cold-blooded

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
hillarys hugbox used to be cool during the primaries when there was still hope in this world nows its just kinda sad

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

they did and it got buttfucked by d&d almost immediately

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
It's funny the articles about the Uranium One deal are basically "yes, it's all true, but some of the donations to the clinton foundation were made during her run for president and therefore *magic happens* so it's not true."

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

http://www.pepethefrog.faith/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

• Locked thread