Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wait is the bioshock remaster not on pc??

al-azad posted:

Looks like Dragons Dogma to me. No hordes of enemies to one hit combo through.

that sounds good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I mean to me the remaster just looks like how it looked on PC when it originally came out cos I had a good GFX card at the time so I'm not sure why they'd bother.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

wait is the bioshock remaster not on pc??
it will be, if you have all 3 on Steam already you get it for free.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's delayed until the 15th though, as I just found out after looking at my Steam library and going "what the gently caress?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Does Bioshock Collection do anything new?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The sign is changed to just "no gods" because Master P is a DLC character now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Probably QOL upgrades for higher resolutions at a bare minimum, and they added developer commentary bits as well.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The house from Gone Home is now a secret area.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

New XMB on 4.0 is way snappier, everything just moves really fast.

I'm satisfied.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Awesome! posted:

not looking good. i would make double sure the outlet and everything was working before declaring it dead and calling sony. maybe even move it to another room just to see if its a ghost loving with you

Unplugging it for one minute didn't work but 5 did? I don't understand why it worked or how it stopped working in the first place but problem solved.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I've got three invites to the For Honor closed alpha on Thursday, but for some reason it requires us to be friends on Uplay (not PSN). So friend PinionXL on uplay and post here and I'll send you one. Preferably regular posters who are actually interested in the game.

edit: must be from one of the following countries and playing on PS4: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Austria, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Czech Republic, Andorra.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
So $11 seems pretty ok for Arkam Knight, but, is the season pass any good? Im only interested in story elements, i do not care one bit about costumes or challenge room type stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I d/l'd the new remote play app that came out today and idk if im imagining it but it looks way higher res and way more responsive than it used to on my laptop. very very happy.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Unplugging it for one minute didn't work but 5 did? I don't understand why it worked or how it stopped working in the first place but problem solved.

you needed to fully discharge the internal capacitors or whatever to get it to do a clean restart. people recommend unplugging and holding the power button for a while to speed it along

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I plugged wired headphones into the controller, that's basically wireless unless you're doing something crazy while playing PS4 games
It's still a wire to think about either way, and the volume doesn't go high enough for me, since if I am using headphones it means I want to listen to something at high volume inside the reality of apartment living.

Edit: like drunk and playing Battlefield 4 while listening to Touhou soundtracks.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 14, 2016

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

PacoPepe posted:

So $11 seems pretty ok for Arkam Knight, but, is the season pass any good? Im only interested in story elements, i do not care one bit about costumes or challenge room type stuff.

The story bits are all pretty OK. Not great, but if the SP is on sale too for cheaper than the main game, I'd say go for it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The house from Gone Home is now a secret area.

Lol, that was the absolute worst game to go blind into.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i said to unplug it for a little while but i probably should have been more specific

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

If I leave my PS4 in rest mode for a few days, it will sometimes just turn off and do what you described. I also have to unplug it for a few minutes and then it works after plugging it in.

Do you live in an older house? I just kinda chalked it up to having lovely wiring.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lol, that was the absolute worst game to go blind into.

Nah it kind of owned because I was extremely tense for like the whole loving time and then I got to the end and was like, "oh." Great soundtrack, great 90s aesthetic, and great way to mess with expectations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Really digging Don't Starve Together. But as you all know, Don't Starve is kind of a long game of Progress. Not a quick-fire pick up and play experience. So how is the "server /world" handled? If the host quits after a play session is the world gone forever and thus the progress of all participants? Is there a way to keep it persistent so if everyone stops for the night and comes back tomorrow, they aren't starting from square one?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

PacoPepe posted:

Get season of infamy and maybe the Batgirl story. Most the other stuff is challenge rooms and skin packs.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I finally decided to open up my Jet Engine PS4 and dusted the hell out of it. It was easy and it turned on just fine. I updated it and popped in Witcher 3. So far, no noise. I'm pretty happy about this.

The update didn't break Corn Love Forever at all, rest easy A Cop.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Skipped the firmware update notes but holy poo poo the ps4 now displays the name of the bluray movie in your drive

Sucks that there's no cover art like even budget bluray players have but hey, I'll take it!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

System software 4.0 includes a PS4 migration tool. Isn't that something people have been wanting for years now?

Nice, so I can keep my PT demo when/if I upgrade to a Pro.

Has anyone tried out HDR since that was included in the update. Do any current games even have that available or is it just some streaming content?

Also, I am new to the thread so I am sorry if this was hammered out 10 pages ago, but what is the consensus on the Pro on 1080p TVs? Worth it for FPS and/or graphic improvements? Still waiting for more details? I would like to wait for a FF7 remake edition Pro, but if games like FF15 run smoother or have better graphics, I may just bite the bullet now before the resale value of my launch console drops too much.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The minute thing is just a general guideline with electronics for waiting for capacitors to fully discharge and the flash memory (if it uses it) to clear. You probably just needed an extra minute or two for it all to properly reset.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i don't think there are any hdr games yet. but maybe i'm wrong?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

FireMrshlBill posted:

Also, I am new to the thread so I am sorry if this was hammered out 10 pages ago, but what is the consensus on the Pro on 1080p TVs? Worth it for FPS and/or graphic improvements? Still waiting for more details? I would like to wait for a FF7 remake edition Pro, but if games like FF15 run smoother or have better graphics, I may just bite the bullet now before the resale value of my launch console drops too much.
Devs are free to spend the Pro overhead as they wish or not at all (with some constraints like FPS parity in multiplayer on both PS4 and PS4 Pro). At the announcement event they showed a handful of games that have more foliage, higher/more stable FPS, supersampling, etc on Pro at 1080p. You might want to hold out for a little while and see how devs take advantage of it

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Bloodborne would be okay if you couldn't defeat the entire game by rushing things and going to the left side.

Sorry for spoiling the entire loving game for you guys and making every encounter a joke.

Easiest souls game = more people like it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You are so hardcore. We are all so impressed

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nija posted:

Bloodborne would be okay if you couldn't defeat the entire game by rushing things and going to the left side.

Sorry for spoiling the entire loving game for you guys and making every encounter a joke.

Sick hot take, my dude

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

acksplode posted:

Devs are free to spend the Pro overhead as they wish or not at all (with some constraints like FPS parity in multiplayer on both PS4 and PS4 Pro). At the announcement event they showed a handful of games that have more foliage, higher/more stable FPS, supersampling, etc on Pro at 1080p. You might want to hold out for a little while and see how devs take advantage of it

the biggest benefit of pro for me is remote play in 1080p cause i never actually have control of the tv in my house :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nija posted:

Please post videos of yourself playing. I gotta see this mlg in action.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

So can we get refunds for Corn Love or will the developer fix it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

there's nothing wrong that i can see what's the issue?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know I've said something like this before but tricky towers single player is pure sadism. It's so weirdly mean spirited and obnoxious.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

the biggest benefit of pro for me is remote play in 1080p cause i never actually have control of the tv in my house :(

I did not know that was a feature. gently caress I'm going to upgrade to this thing. (halfheartedly) God dammit

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the powers it throws against you are incredibly lame when it's an ai picking something out of a hat instead of your friends choosing to choose you, specifically, to screw over

sp is like if tetris was bad, basically

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah, this makes Pro a must buy for me.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Real hurthling! posted:

the biggest benefit of pro for me is remote play in 1080p

welp :rip: :retrogames: 💸💸💸 :retrogames: :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

NESguerilla posted:

I know I've said something like this before but tricky towers single player is pure sadism. It's so weirdly mean spirited and obnoxious.

I've done all but four of the trials: 42, 46, 48, 50

They are ball-crushingly hard.

• Locked thread