Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

two forty posted:

It wasn't really a saga but there was some t-shirt print on demand site that had a handful of templates with just the most bizarre poo poo that obviously came from some list of industries or something. poo poo like "Everything's fine!! I'm an paper and pulp reprocessing manager!" or whatever, anyone remember that? there were some truly delightful examples.

there is/was a lost sa stuff thread but idr where it is so whatever.

http://www.idakoos.com/

its still active. Have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

SneakyFrog posted:

http://www.idakoos.com/

its still active. Have fun.

And the thread about it!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3513425&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Geirskogul posted:

Didnt elfpr0n die?

I keep reading this but I have yet to see any links to back this up or provide any additional info. I always just assumed she stopped posting, like so many, but supposedly she got stabbed to death by a psycho roommate.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Meatgrinder posted:

I keep reading this but I have yet to see any links to back this up or provide any additional info. I always just assumed she stopped posting, like so many, but supposedly she got stabbed to death by a psycho roommate.

elf pr0n posted:

Miss u all

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Let's see the obituary!

probably drunk
Dec 25, 2009

by Lowtax

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Memories :allears:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Frijolero posted:

Has anyone talked about the time Hellbastard got flamed and owned and stopped drawing?

No. Someone please do I never liked the fucker and it would bring me some kind of joy.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Does anyone know how we found out printer goon offed himself? I read the printer story to a friend and she doesn't believe my epilogue.

quote:

"So, am I pathetic for doing all these things? It wouldn't be the first time I've pledged my heart and soul to a girl and gotten back almost nothing in return. I would hate turning her or anyone else I knew down or making up some lie."
And then he killed himself.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Philthy posted:

Does gooncamp still happen? I remember the turnout was actually pretty high even when it totally rained and they did the mud looks like poo poo year.

Nope, there was one supposed to happen in 2006 but someone ratted out to the owner of the property (about how there were going to be drugs there or some poo poo) and the organizing goon had to cancel. There haven't been any serious attempts at a Gooncamp or even a Gooncon since.

Syd Midnight posted:

One evening some goon drank too many energy drinks or something and had a nervous breakdown. He drove pantsless across New England and when the cops finally pulled him over he tried to run and they had to release the dogs. Among other things he was charged with assaulting one of the dogs. I forget all the other details, all I have is this picture:

Holy gently caress, I remember this. To add some context GBS was in a really weird and manic mood that night and someone posted a thread about how their friend (who had schizophrenia or some such mental illness) and went into a psychotic episode and led the police on a chase (an article/video someone dug up in the thread showed at least 10 cop cars involved). What resulted was him bailing out of his car, knocking out a couple K9s that were sent after him before finally being tasered into submission. Oh, and the OP was trying to get donations for his legal defence or some poo poo. This sounds really horrific but, again, GBS isn't your personal hugbox, donation kiosk or psychiatrist so what did he expect?

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Naxuz posted:

I remember spending way too much time in the old LF political cartoons threads as an undergrad. A bona fide political cartoonist Deep Hurting used to be a regular, and when it came out that the all-around reprehensible Mallard Fillmore scribbler Bruce Tinsley :tinsley: was convicted of a DUI after spending years ripping into Ted Kennedy, DH sprung into action. Thus Mallard Swillmore was born:

Good times.

Rubbercat's take was pretty good too.

I still see this one around, ironically mostly from leftists who really are mad at liberals (in the "Love Me, I'm A Liberal" sense of the word). A lot of good stuff came out of LF/Helldump, but they were also toxic waste dumps of forums and there's a reason I've left my account from that time behind.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Does anyone know how we found out printer goon offed himself? I read the printer story to a friend and she doesn't believe my epilogue.

Megasabin posted:

I wasn't really close to Borky, but he went to my school so I thought I'd let people know.

Bryan Massoff, also known as Borky, was found dead in his University of Maryland dorm room on Monday. Suicide is believed to be the cause.

Borky was well, a strange guy both on SA and real life. Some of you might remember him as being that guy who posted the story about how he liked some girl so he carried a printer like a mile to her house, and then got mad that she didn't like him back.

I did get to know him in person for a little bit. When I first got to University of Maryland, he im'ed me because I had posted in one of those college threads saying I was going there. We hung out a few times, but it was quickly apparent to me that he had some social issues, as he never wanted to hang out in big groups, ran away without saying anything when we went to the pool, and constantly told me how depressed he was over aim. After about 2 weeks into school I never really saw him or heard from him again.

However, about a year and a half later I was hanging out with one of my good friends, and for the first time after a year of knowing each other we realized we were both goons. We got to talking about other goons we knew on campus, and we both realized that we both had known Borky for relatively short periods of time and had strange experiences with him. Her experience however, trumped mine in a sad sort of way. He messaged her at the start of school much the same way as he messaged me, however I get the feeling he didn't know many girls in high school, because he instantly became attracted to her despite the fact she had a boyfriend. She still hung out with him, but he got weirder and weirder, until one night she invited to hang out with her friends, and then things went really wrong. He showed up, freaked out, ran back to his dorm room, and then called her to tell her whatever he did that night wasn't her fault. She called the front desk of his dorm, who called the police, and he was arrested for attempted suicide (we actually found out later this was the second time this occurred). He was suspended from school for a year.

When he came back he seemed to do a lot better, or appeared to do based on what we would occasionally hear. He got a job at the radio station and became a DJ. He got a girlfriend, and life seemed to be good. Unfortunately I guess it did not work out in the end . I am glad he did seem to have aspects in his life he was happy with for the past year though, and condolences to his family, friends, and anyone here who knew him. I hate to bring bad news, but I feel like people on here who knew him should get to know.

Edit: Goon "Do what Now" has brought this to my attention:

What DOES happen when you attempt suicide is that you are confined against your will to a 24 hour psychiatric facility, or a hospital with a psych ward, for a minimum of 72 hours. If you are still deemed a danger to yourself, you are transferred to a psych hospital, if you aren't there already. As an EMT in College Park, I can say that Borky was probably taken to PG County General, a trauma hospital, and transferred to The Psychiatric Institute of Washington for further treatment. That is what happened to the few patients I saw as an EMT for suicide attempts.

My friend who called the cops saw him being brought down in handcuffs, so thats what lead to the thoughts of being arrested. So yea he was probably confined instead.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I feel weird saying it, but thanks so much!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Das Boo posted:

I feel weird saying it, but thanks so much!
There's no need to feel weird, we're all friends here.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Man that's kind of lovely. "Dude you almost killed yourself and you're having a lot of trouble? We're just going to kick you out of school. Because that kick in the dick is going to make you feel even better."

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

So there you have it, everyone. The printer goon killed himself :( The cause of death? Suicide

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Justin Godscock posted:

Nope, there was one supposed to happen in 2006 but someone ratted out to the owner of the property (about how there were going to be drugs there or some poo poo) and the organizing goon had to cancel. There haven't been any serious attempts at a Gooncamp or even a Gooncon since.

Holy gently caress, I remember this. To add some context GBS was in a really weird and manic mood that night and someone posted a thread about how their friend (who had schizophrenia or some such mental illness) and went into a psychotic episode and led the police on a chase (an article/video someone dug up in the thread showed at least 10 cop cars involved). What resulted was him bailing out of his car, knocking out a couple K9s that were sent after him before finally being tasered into submission. Oh, and the OP was trying to get donations for his legal defence or some poo poo. This sounds really horrific but, again, GBS isn't your personal hugbox, donation kiosk or psychiatrist so what did he expect?

iirc he also ripped the taser leads out of his chest while charging at the cops

it was Him. he was the Goon. it was the Prophecy.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Philthy posted:

Does gooncamp still happen? I remember the turnout was actually pretty high even when it totally rained and they did the mud looks like poo poo year.

gently caress no. goonmeets in general are dead to the best of my knowledge. for good reason too imo

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

End Of Worlds posted:

iirc he also ripped the taser leads out of his chest while charging at the cops

it was Him. he was the Goon. it was the Prophecy.

Truly, the sleeper has awakened!

OneOfUsStrangers
Sep 13, 2016

Panfilo posted:

Truly, the sleeper has awakened!

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

gentle pete posted:

Remember Benny the Snake? He made an e/n thread about how his mom threatened to throw out his comic books (he was in his 30s). The thread went on for years as goons tried to convince him to get a job and move out of his parents' house. He got a few jobs but inevitably got fired within a week for being a moron. I remember he got fired from a dishwashing job for accidentally smacking the owner's wife in the face with a frying pan.

Yeah, that was a giant fiasco. I have a full time office job now and I've actually been here past a year. Things are getting stable.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i said it earlier in the thread but printer goon kicking the bucket is really the only logical conclusion

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

Yeah, that was a giant fiasco. I have a full time office job now and I've actually been here past a year. Things are getting stable.

good for you man. i remember you were one of the more sympathetic trainwrecks

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

good for you man. i remember you were one of the more sympathetic trainwrecks

Thanks man. One of the things I learned from rhe thread was when applying for a job, keep the cover letter short and let the resume do the talking. It's helped considerably in looking for work.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Night of The lovely Posts spawned a nice GIF of a King of Fighters character as a mod flipping out and destroying a PC.

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

The Night of The lovely Posts spawned a nice GIF of a King of Fighters character as a mod flipping out and destroying a PC.
Someone please post this GIF

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

Thanks man. One of the things I learned from rhe thread was when applying for a job, keep the cover letter short and let the resume do the talking. It's helped considerably in looking for work.

Holy poo poo man, congratulations. I followed your thread from the beginning. Glad to see you got it figured out.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The goon who go arrested wrote a fruity rear end suicide note that told everyone to take a women's studies class then jumped off a bridge.

The goon who got a lovely panther tatoo on his back. Got a motorcycle that everyone said he would wreck. Proceeded to lose his arm in the predicted wreck, then bought a standard Lamborghini he couldn't drive with the insurance money.

Also not really a saga, but the thread with goons posting their bedrooms was great. Wonder what ever happened to the goon living like a mole man? JK...he dead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

The goon who go arrested wrote a fruity rear end suicide note that told everyone to take a women's studies class then jumped off a bridge.

The goon who got a lovely panther tatoo on his back. Got a motorcycle that everyone said he would wreck. Proceeded to lose his arm the predicted wreck, then bought a standard Lamborghini he couldn't drive with the insurance money.

Also not really a saga, but the thread with goons posting their bedrooms was great. Wonder what ever happened to the goon living like a mole man? JK...he dead.

Panther goon is dead.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Panther goon is dead.

do what? really?

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Rhyno posted:

Panther goon is dead.

drat, the fatality rate of well known goons has to be higher than kamikazes in WW2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

do what? really?

As far as I remember.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
Who was the creepy guy that got his rear end kicked in the mall by some girls boyfriend? I think his name was Francis and he was straight edge or some other dumb poo poo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Rhyno posted:

As far as I remember.

i guess that makes sense. last i knew he was driving a manual one armed

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Abunchofnumbers (abackofpanthers) died? I remember laughing super hard at a photoshop of his panther with a missing leg. I guess someone with a history of driving too fast too frequently was bound to find trouble. Well, more trouble than losing an arm.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Wonder what ever happened to the goon living like a mole man? JK...he dead.
if you mean Bungmonkey's computer sex dungeon, he was still alive and was posting about a few months ago

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
holy gently caress surely there is no way a university would expel a student for having a mental health episode today, right? that's some loving dark ages poo poo. now schools have their hands full not doing poo poo about sexual assault, i presume

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

symbolic posted:

if you mean Bungmonkey's computer sex dungeon, he was still alive and was posting about a few months ago

Wow, any word on if he is still trapped in the sub terrain pit of horror?

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Ouya discussion was a few pages back but I have one defence for why mine was worth it: Ground floor on Duck Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

extra stout posted:

i do this as well but im a chubby chaser, so usually it ends with me making a sound like a dodge neon trying to start, they don't budge, and i say "Well i deadlift 275 so you're a gently caress load more than that" and they get all insecure for some reason

this needs another quote