Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
All I know is, if they don't fast-track Tommy End onto NXT TV and Takeover cards they're loving up. I want to watch him kick Austin Aries' dipshit truther face in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

From what I understand, there's some confusion over what Alberto actually meant in that interview because it's a translation from Spanish and it's possible that he was just saying that Cien is a little homesick for Mexico and still hasn't figured out the WWE style rather than he actively wants out.

It's pretty clear they kind of bungled Cien's launch, though. If he's as lost on how to get over with a US audience as he seems to be, they really should have let him marinate in the Performance Center and work on his English for a few more months before debuting him on TV. As it stands he kind of debuted in a position where it's going to be really hard to follow through, because he's not ready to sustain himself organically and they can't afford to spend a whole lot of time building narratives that get him over and hide his weaknesses when there's a lot of other talent that's closer to a sure thing that they can focus on.

Baby Babbeh fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 13, 2016

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

The next month will be interesting. As we will see where talent falls post CWC and with the October NXT class. Whether they go to Raw or are they NXT trainees or NXT "part timers" who only work live events.

I know one name that really surprised me in terms of not being a full time/mandatory Performance Center guy.

The whole situation has been really under written about all the way around.

It's no longer "get signed, go to the PC, go to the NXT TV, go to the main roster."

Things will be all over the place moving forward.

And with the Cruiserweights, we're getting an integration of NXT TV and Raw.

More now than ever, you gotta make your name on the indies before you get signed.

It is a crazy time.

THAT'S NOT INTERESTING AT ALL!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

All I know is, if they don't fast-track Tommy End onto NXT TV and Takeover cards they're loving up. I want to watch him kick Austin Aries' dipshit truther face in.

Agreed. I want to see more spinning knees to the head. The cool thing about Tommy End too is that he is legit a scary looking dude. He is tall as hell and tatted up.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Agreed. I want to see more spinning knees to the head. The cool thing about Tommy End too is that he is legit a scary looking dude. He is tall as hell and tatted up.

He's billed at 5'11" so I don't see him standing out as much once he reaches WWE.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

He's billed at 5'11" so I don't see him standing out as much once he reaches WWE.

I dunno he has an intimidating look. And it makes him seem bigger than he might be.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I dunno he has an intimidating look. And it makes him seem bigger than he might be.

Yeah, sorry I meant to italicise 'as much'. WWE isn't also as much of a land of musclebound giants anymore either.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
it offends me that a guy w/ Tommy End's look and apparently a legit kickboxing background throws so many thigh-slapping kicks and does moonsaults and poo poo tbh

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Spermgod posted:

it offends me that a guy w/ Tommy End's look and apparently a legit kickboxing background throws so many thigh-slapping kicks and does moonsaults and poo poo tbh

His moonsault is loving gorgeous though. And his jumping knees are the most brutal thing I have seen in forever.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Peyton hasn't wrestled in nearly three months. For reasons unknown although some people assumed a concussion:

https://twitter.com/WWEPeytonRoyce/status/775805928494989312

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

New boobs probably

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

New boobs probably

That turned out to be Billie Kay's reason right

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

That turned out to be Billie Kay's reason right

I thought it was Dana Brooke? Her old ones got destroyed by Asuka's rear end, so she had to get new ones.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i volunteer to be next to be destroyed by asuka's rear end

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

IcePhoenix posted:

also lol having the hashtag be NXTMinny to cover up the fact that they said the wrong city in their announcements (which still isn't fixed by the terrible OP :colbert:)

in honor of me literally sprinting through MSP yesterday to make a 15 minute connection, I have fixed it, thank you

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

dordreff posted:

I thought it was Dana Brooke? Her old ones got destroyed by Asuka's rear end, so she had to get new ones.

Both are correct

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

abraham linksys posted:

in honor of me literally sprinting through MSP yesterday to make a 15 minute connection, I have fixed it, thank you

I'm glad you made it! There's a lot of construction going on right now I think so it's a bit of a pain to negotiate. (also thank you)

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Despite generally improving in their hiring practices in just about every other regard WWE's insistence on forcing (or at the very best strongly encouraging) every female employee to get cosmetic surgery is still super sketchy

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
the intensive training at full sail university just makes ladies naturally develop an extra cup size every six months

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's been pictures recently of Peyton and she isn't rocking GGG boobs.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

drat

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Spermgod posted:

Yeah dammit, injure more guys

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPpZZriv0qc

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
John Belushi's Chinese nephew has fallen on hard times

Grozz Nuy posted:

WWE's insistence on forcing (or at the very best strongly encouraging) every female employee to get cosmetic surgery is still super sketchy

Is that even still a thing, or is that just the talent themselves deciding to do that? I mean, from what I've seen, most aren't getting that work done, but I could be wrong.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I mean there's no way to conclusively prove it, but it sure seems like women signed to WWE take time off for a while and then come back with implants and a bigger push pretty often.

I'm all for women having the right to do whatever they want with how they look, but given what we know about certain people in WWE management it's not hard to make the connection that they're being pressured into it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Your examples are Dana and Billie Kay and you think they get a bigger push? Who else has had them recently?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah dammit, injure more guys

duhhhrrrrr

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Eltoasto posted:

Your examples are Dana and Billie Kay and you think they get a bigger push? Who else has had them recently?
They told Eva Marie to take time off for "training (wink wink)" but she couldn't take a hint.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Dana's now attached to Charlotte on Raw, and Billie Kay has actual entrance music now. Compared to what they had before, they are technically getting a bigger push.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Eltoasto posted:

It's not recent but Charlotte got them, Eva Marie got even bigger ones right before getting called up to Smackdown.

I dunno, maybe it's all coincidental and there are women in prominent positions in WWE now who haven't afaik (Sasha, Becky, Bayley), but it still strikes me as pretty skeevy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's not recent but Charlotte got them, Eva Marie got even bigger ones right before getting called up to Smackdown.

I dunno, maybe it's all coincidental and there are women in prominent positions in WWE now who haven't afaik (Sasha, Becky, Bayley), but it still strikes me as pretty skeevy.

Not that there's no pressure but I'd be genuinely curious to know how many women get fake tits just because they want them. Of course there's no way to get a genuine answer because cultural standards, subconscious desire to fit the male gaze, etc. but still.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

dordreff posted:

Dana's now attached to Charlotte on Raw, and Billie Kay has actual entrance music now. Compared to what they had before, they are technically getting a bigger push.

Billie Kay was on Smackdown a couple months ago too.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

eva's been on the main roster again since before wrestlemania and charlotte's been a big deal in the women's division since she was in nxt

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I'm pretty sure Sasha disappeared and came back looking different before her NXT push too. It's one of many unfortunate aspects of the business.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm pretty sure Sasha disappeared and came back looking different before her NXT push too. It's one of many unfortunate aspects of the business.

If Sasha got a boob job she should be looking for a refund because they forgot to make them bigger.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ruggington posted:

eva's been on the main roster again since before wrestlemania and charlotte's been a big deal in the women's division since she was in nxt

Charlotte got them while she was in NXT, along with a lot of other work. Go back and see what she looked like when she first started showing up on NXT TV, it's a trip.

Whatever, I don't want to come off as totally fixated on this or for this discussion to totally take over the thread or anything. It's an uncomfortable aspect of the wrestling business but certainly not unique to it.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i was watching some of the older NXT episodes and for a minute i honest to god could not figure out why they kept calling that other blonde lady Charlotte until i realized the obvious truth.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Lana got them. i have no idea whether it corresponds with a push but it is extremely uncontroversial to observe that this is a common choice in this company

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's all because Kevin Dunn still has a Grima Wormtongue-like sway over Vince and rasps into his ear "She needs some tiiiiitttsssssssssss...." every time a woman appears on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Does Kevin Dunn even watch NXT?

• Locked thread