Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

what's all this talk about jesus, it's the corpse of "a certain saint"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

NecroMonster posted:

so do you think araki sat on the jesus real name thing for years waiting for a chance to work it in?

He's still sitting on it, it's never brought up in SBR.

We all have to wait for part 9, set in 17 AD.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Part 0, featuring Anubis

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

he's using the ability to turn into a dinosaur to race horses better

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

he's using the ability to turn into a dinosaur to race horses better

welcome to the real man's world

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

he made dinosaur fleas

i... this... this is better than any other part i've read

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It's also the longest part by quite a bit. You're like... 1/5 of the way through. Strap in.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

he made dinosaur fleas

i... this... this is better than any other part i've read

It's the best jojo.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Steel Ball Run is unironically one of the best action comics ever written

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Steel Ball Run transcends being good manga, and is quality literature, it is near perfect

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Steel ball run is good, except when it's not, but it is usually good

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Yes, the updated translations make this clear!

Mista is great, eat me!!!!!!

mista was great in the bad translation too

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Begemot posted:

He's still sitting on it, it's never brought up in SBR.

Civil War 3

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

wow uuh the first lady is sort of a weirdo

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

tiistai posted:

Civil War 3

I meant Joshua bar Joseph, not just that it's Jesus.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Begemot posted:

I meant Joshua bar Joseph, not just that it's Jesus.

Oh right, I misread.

Honestly though that's a bit more of a coincidence though since the actual name is transliterated more like Yeshua bar-Yosef, it's only the modern English variants of those names that have the Jo's

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the fact that we haven't got a jojo version of the jesus part of the bible yet is the worst

my water has turned to wine, this must be the work of an enemy stand

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna see Araki draw the battle between YeYo and Legion

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Yinlock posted:

my water has turned to wine, this must be the work of an enemy stand

This is my favourite thing and I don't give a gently caress if it's not canon.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Moltrey posted:

when Jesus shows up and says "Everything is circular....if it rotates"

like loving thanks dude...i guess??

That sounds like something I'd read in a physics equation, like "presume a spherical cow."

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Baal posted:

Do it for him

i said this originally as a joke, but i'm starting to genuinely believe jouuushuuu is the jouuutarouuu of SBRverse

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

dumb posted:

"Hirohiko Araki Works" is newer and contains more. not sure about cheaper though

Thanks. It's about twice as expensive but contains 4x the pages. But, I can't read japanese so the Stands and other guidebooks will be utterly useless. :v:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Jojolion better have a really good final battle to save it from being the bottom of My Official JoJo's Tier List

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's weird cause JoJolion is cool.

It's at least better than Battle Tendency, but it's not like that's really hard

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Jojolion is better than BT, which is an impressive feat because BT is great. Good job Jojolion!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Relin posted:

Jojolion better have a really good final battle to save it from being the bottom of My Official JoJo's Tier List

I'm sorry, I can't read this post, I don't speak human trash-ese.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Relin posted:

JoJolion feels to me like it's less about actual shounen battles and more about mysteries and weird poo poo happening. I'm not even sure if there's going to be a main bad guy or villain for it this time around but we may just not have seen them yet.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I generally like JJL, but I'm bothered that I have zero percent idea where the story is going. I feel like the main mystery (why is Josuke so weird/ have four nuts) has been solved

it's also the first one I've read in progress which probably has a lot to do with it

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

setafd posted:

I generally like JJL, but I'm bothered that I have zero percent idea where the story is going. I feel like the main mystery (why is Josuke so weird/ have four nuts) has been solved

it's also the first one I've read in progress which probably has a lot to do with it

I assume the focus from now on will be on what Joubin and Kaato are up to.

And resolving the seeming main plot thread midway through is weirdly common in Jojo, the most obvious example being the Bow and Arrow/Akira plotline in Diamond is Unbreakable. Battle Tendency does something similar with Santana, and even Stardust Crusaders, the part with the most rigid structure, runs out of Tarot cards halfway through.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 14, 2016

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

setafd posted:

I generally like JJL, but I'm bothered that I have zero percent idea where the story is going.

It's been mostly about the Fruit Mafia for a while now, and there's a lot of that still unresolved so...

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wanna see what kaaaauuutouu is up to

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BaDandy posted:

JoJolion feels to me like it's less about actual shounen battles and more about mysteries and weird poo poo happening. I'm not even sure if there's going to be a main bad guy or villain for it this time around but we may just not have seen them yet.

It's Speeeeeeedwagonnnnn~

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
JoJolion is real neat and it's gonna get even better when the hot prison mom starts doing stuff

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
I just put up a new chapter, Notorious B.I.G. Part 5.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Jesus is my stand.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

about how far does this leave us from part 5 completed? looking forward to doing my first complete readthrough of part 5 when your translation is finished.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Thanks dude

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Condiv posted:

about how far does this leave us from part 5 completed? looking forward to doing my first complete readthrough of part 5 when your translation is finished.

There's about six volumes' worth of chapters left to go. That means we're about 2/3 of the way through a new translation of Part 5 if you add in Jojo Project's translations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Daxing Dan posted:

There's about six volumes' worth of chapters left to go. That means we're about 2/3 of the way through a new translation of Part 5 if you add in Jojo Project's translations.

nice, thanks.