Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Do you think humans (at least martial artists) im the Dragon World just have insane longevity? Roshi, Baba, the Crane Hermit, and Tao Pai Pai are all somewhere in their 300s when we meet them, so unless they all drank the elixir of immortality or some poo poo, it wouldn't surprise me if Gohan just lives a long rear end time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Petiso posted:

Saiyans don't live longer, they stay young longer.

they did say 40s is young for a saiyan. Whats impressive is that Tien and Yamcha are in their late 40s.

Mr Satan is also the same age as goku.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Sep 14, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Majinfoose posted:

Do you think humans (at least martial artists) im the Dragon World just have insane longevity? Roshi, Baba, the Crane Hermit, and Tao Pai Pai are all somewhere in their 300s when we meet them, so unless they all drank the elixir of immortality or some poo poo, it wouldn't surprise me if Gohan just lives a long rear end time.

They presumably all drank from the fountain of youth or whatever.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Tien is on TRT

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

In Dragonball, no one really cares. Hell, Piccolo, being kami, can visit him at King Yemma's palace.

kami is a title not a genetic power

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Petiso posted:

Saiyans don't live longer, they stay young longer.

Thats just because all saiyans die in battle :black101:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Majinfoose posted:

Well Roshi is straight up immortal and can only die by being murdered.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

SirKibbles posted:

Things die when they are killed.

Except when they are Zamasu.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kild posted:

They presumably all drank from the fountain of youth or whatever.

Still don't get why Bulma never tracked that poo poo down, patented it and made a killing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zore posted:

Still don't get why Bulma never tracked that poo poo down, patented it and made a killing.

Bulma doesn't want other people to be immortal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

people are born old in dragon ball, clearly

bulma's mom wasn't so she's still young looking, but her dad was so he looks 70 or something

Zore posted:

bulma's family are the richest people on the planet, why would they even need to do that for money

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
What are the chances that z warriors being able to detect people's ki to locate them or know when they're near is a direct result of Toriyama loving Star Wars and Vader sensing Kenobi on the Death Star?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The what warriors?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

Nah, he retconned it away himself back in the Piccolo saga.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Zore posted:

Because the phoenix of immortality which had granted Roshi his eternal life is dead.

UnderFreddy fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 15, 2016

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm continuing with my Dragon Ball marathon, and I'd completely forgotten the Fortuneteller Baba saga existed. I thought it went directly from Red Ribbon Army to the 22nd Tournament with nothing in between.

I'd completely forgotten that Grandpa Gohan ever came back with an angel halo.

I also didn't realise until I noticed on the DVD menus that the Red Ribbon Army storyline was split into three sagas (Red Ribbon Army, General Blue and Commander Red). Huh.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well, that is probably the worst stretch of dragon ball

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The Baba Tournament is loving awesome tho

I think Goku seeing Gohan again is the only time we've ever seen him cry with joy. He's been happy about winning a fight, or happy about getting fed, or sad or upset about a friend getting hurt or someone acting like a bully.

But seeing his only father figure again for the first time in years and just straight up bawling? It's the only time Goku really got sentimental in a way. It's kind of special.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tao is what kind of saves the Red Ribbon arc, though I still think it is the worst storyline in the whole manga. The Baba stuff is good too but a bit separate.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Red Ribbon Army is great what're you on? Muscle Tower in particular is p. fantastic. Goku fights the Terminator and makes friends with Frankenstein.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's tedious drek without drama starring Goku as an unstoppable maniac who doesn't grow our learn anything.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Nah. It's really good and fun.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also, you say Goku grow or learn anything, but isn't Mercenary Tao killing Upa and Dad at the base of Korin's tower the first time (besides Grampa Gohan) anyone Goku cares about gets killed?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also, you say Goku grow or learn anything, but isn't Mercenary Tao killing Upa and Dad at the base of Korin's tower the first time (besides Grampa Gohan) anyone Goku cares about gets killed?

Yeah but up until Tao and after he dies, the red ribbon army is basically useless. They don't even have the comic relief of pilaf.

The red ribbon army saga is awful.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

You got it backwards. The super dragon balls are what gave the namekians the idea to make dragonballs.

I thought the Nameks invented the Dragon Balls. The Namekian Dragon Balls were the original ones, and then Kami went to Earth and created Earths Dragon Balls. But i guess theyre retconning that away and making it so that the Super DBs were the originals. But how come only Nameks can create more Dragon Balls? And who created the Super Dragon Balls?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blue Star posted:

I thought the Nameks invented the Dragon Balls. The Namekian Dragon Balls were the original ones, and then Kami went to Earth and created Earths Dragon Balls. But i guess theyre retconning that away and making it so that the Super DBs were the originals. But how come only Nameks can create more Dragon Balls? And who created the Super Dragon Balls?

I presume the Namekians are the only ones to discover the secret or something.

The Super Dragon Balls were created by Akira Toriyama.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't think he thinks ten pages ahead let alone ten years.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Blue Star posted:

The Super Dragon Balls were created by the Dragon God Zalama in Year 41 of the Divine Calendar.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Red Ribbon arc is my favorite arc in the whole series period.

mmkay posted:

Nah, he retconned it away himself back in the Piccolo saga.

Not exactly, maybe some translations worded it differently but my take was that he told Tien that he could straight up not die because of that magic elixir and then admits he lied and could be killed, but the never dying of old age thing is still true.

Blue Star posted:

I believe the old Supreme Kai said during the Buu saga that namekians' ability to create dragon balls was a gift bestowed by the gods because they were pretty nice people, so it makes sense to think some god created the super dragon balls long ago and those are the original ones.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So apparently Sean sean schemmel decided to leave twitter for a bit since he got so sick of people asking him when he was going to dub super. Fans can be a little dumb sometimes.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I voted Tao Pai Pai but recent episodes have made me realize that the best character is Yajirobe.

Actually, the best character is Yajirobe's car.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I just want to see Goku get its head kicked in because he's an arrogant little poo poo and the RR army as especially dumb/ineffective so the whole arc is a waste of time.

In my alt-universe fan-fiction novella Yajirobe eats him.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Petiso posted:

Red Ribbon arc is my favorite arc in the whole series period.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The bit where Goku arrives in Penguin Town or whatever it's called does nothing for me because I've never read Dr Slump; I won't say it's necessarily bad or anything but it's just such an odd diversion (though I did like the bit where General Blue intimidates the comedy superhero guy by crushing a callbox with a bear hug). I liked the Muscle Tower bit and I liked the Mercenary Tao bit but other than that, I think my favourite part of the Red Ribbon Army saga was actually the filler bit at the start where they fight Emperor Pilaf's flying fortress. That was good fun.

One thing I really enjoyed about the Goku vs Tao fights was how, after the kamehameha doesn't work on him, Tao instantly uses his Dodon Ray without any sort of build-up or anything. It's the first time there's a ki attack other than the kamehameha but it's not treated as this big event or anything. If it was the DBZ anime, there'd be all this stuff where Tao brags about how he has a secret technique, then the next episode would have been him powering up said technique, then the episode after that would have been him shooting it at Goku.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wheat Loaf posted:

The bit where Goku arrives in Penguin Town or whatever it's called does nothing for me because I've never read Dr Slump; I won't say it's necessarily bad or anything but it's just such an odd diversion (though I did like the bit where General Blue intimidates the comedy superhero guy by crushing a callbox with a bear hug). I liked the Muscle Tower bit and I liked the Mercenary Tao bit but other than that, I think my favourite part of the Red Ribbon Army saga was actually the filler bit at the start where they fight Emperor Pilaf's flying fortress. That was good fun.

One thing I really enjoyed about the Goku vs Tao fights was how, after the kamehameha doesn't work on him, Tao instantly uses his Dodon Ray without any sort of build-up or anything. It's the first time there's a ki attack other than the kamehameha but it's not treated as this big event or anything. If it was the DBZ anime, there'd be all this stuff where Tao brags about how he has a secret technique, then the next episode would have been him powering up said technique, then the episode after that would have been him shooting it at Goku.

Tao would be a good villain to bring back for a Super mini arc. He is already half android, maybe he steals Dr Geros plans from Bulma and gets and upgrade. Have Vegita and Goku off doing something else, so the B-Team has to take on Cyber Tao.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Tao shows up twice during Cell Games filler. Also him and Shen are dead.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

Tao would be a good villain to bring back for a Super mini arc. He is already half android, maybe he steals Dr Geros plans from Bulma and gets and upgrade. Have Vegita and Goku off doing something else, so the B-Team has to take on Cyber Tao.

He defeats them with confounding puzzle rings.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The red ribbon arc was fun

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To skip yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
No, he meant to watch with your eyeballs you silly nancy.

• Locked thread