Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Io_ posted:

Potentially the same way Watergate happened despite two of the three main conspirators being sane and the other being a well known crazy person.
Liddy being the crazy person, I presume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Takoluka posted:

NINE ZEROES, AMERICA

The schadenfreude is that half of the American voting public would back this without flinching but go on a screaming rampage if we even dared loosen up the social safety net, even if it means they get cheaper healthcare and a longer lifespan.

Or the schaden is on me for hoping that people that ignorant and stupid have a longer lifespan. Either way, someone is getting mocked.

John Big Booty posted:

Normally I would post the pic of him in the speedo. But since I don't like vomiting, just check this out: http://www.somethingawful.com/fashion-swat/fashion-liddy-babes/11/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Oh hey, it's the compressed gas knife designed to hurt you nearly as much as your target.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Oh hey, it's the compressed gas knife designed to hurt you nearly as much as your target.

It's going to make a great episode on a CBS crime show.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Chichevache posted:

It's going to make a great episode on a CBS crime show.

Or three.

"wikipedia posted:

The Wasp knife was notably featured as a murder weapon in the Season 7 episode of CSI: NY, Identity Crisis; the Season 8 episode of NCIS, False Witness; the Season 12 episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Bang;

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

You're forgetting Crime Scene: Scene of the Crime - S01E06 "Penetrator"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Sister Fails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0WlCUOaAk4

I think the girl on the swing at 1:20 is the first time I've ever actually clutched at my face in a Fail Video. Thankfully you can see that she was fine and it was in fact her elbows and not her face which dragged across the ground.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
How many of those episodes involved the killer slicing off two of his fingers because a knife designed primarily for stabbing into a thick skin inexplicably doesn't have a handguard?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/xmasape/status/776043945566605312

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Samoan kids really should be put into higher age divisions in sports like that, their genetic superiority really is an unfair advantage.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Samoan kids really should be put into higher age divisions in sports like that, their genetic superiority really is an unfair advantage.

All Pacific Islanders should be. I was friends with a few Tongans back in primary school and I tried playing rugby with them, one of them was actually dragging me along while I was holding onto his legs.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Man that kid just wrecks the others. Go bulldozer kid!

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

By the end you could tell that the other team could've caught him on a couple runs and were just like, eh gently caress it I'll just get stiff armed to the ground, I'll just run at the same speed a few feet behind him.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

John Big Booty posted:

Yep. His first plan was even more looney toons and included things like hiring prostitutes/rentboys, planting evidence of felonies etc. so he could stage fake stings to blackmail people.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lawen posted:

By the end you could tell that the other team could've caught him on a couple runs and were just like, eh gently caress it I'll just get stiff armed to the ground, I'll just run at the same speed a few feet behind him.

i appreciated that he appears to deliberately go to people for no other reason than hurling them to the ground

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
A friend posted that on Facebook a couple days ago. That's his nephew.

The comments on the video on the rugby page were really funny.
"It's only because he's so much bigger than the other kids right now, it's not going to be that way forever" Um, the size disparity may be smaller but I'm pretty confident that he is always going to be the biggest guy on the field.

And there were internet tough guy dads saying "if that was my kid being pushed down, me and the kids parents would have a problem". OK sure dude

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A coworker's kid plays in a youth football league, but that has age and weight restrictions to avoid size disparities like this. Seems like youth rugby should have the same thing.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So uh, do they not require kids to wear helmets in rugby? Is this just the American in me to think that that seems like a bad idea?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Helmets encourage kids to slam their heads together and are actually worse for you in the long run.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

A coworker's kid plays in a youth football league, but that has age and weight restrictions to avoid size disparities like this. Seems like youth rugby should have the same thing.

No, at least we didn't as kids in the UK. Protective equipment was voluntary and limited to just mouth guards and those cushioned hats you see some of the kids wearing.

Remember that in Rugby though the tackles look much more violent than they are - at least when one of the kids isn't the loving hulk.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Protective gear on kids is tricky even when it doesn't encourage more aggressive playing. When my daughter started softball they required infielders to wear protective masks because it sucks to be a girl with missing teeth. But those rules become voluntary as they get older and sure enough you start seeing idiot parents mocking the girls who continue to wear them. Or should I say one idiot parent. Who was an EMT but liked to call himself a fireman. You'd think that's the one person who'd see the value safety gear and you'd be wrong.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

So uh, do they not require kids to wear helmets in rugby? Is this just the American in me to think that that seems like a bad idea?

If the late 80's, early 90's professional wrestling taught me anything, it's that Pacific Islanders have really hard heads. Never headbutt a Samoan.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
My friend lives in Taiwan and they had a pretty big typhoon come through today.

This is why you don't ride a scooter in a typhoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkToJEVIfo

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

In NZ they use weight instead of age grades and they are slowly being introduced in the uk. Makes loads more sense. That kid won't develop any skill if he just bulldozes people way smaller than, then when he gets to the senior level he won't be any good when every one else is as big as him.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think we already established that when he's 20 years old that kid will be 15 feet tall.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMzK8q-h6V4

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Gorilla Salad posted:

Sister Fails

I think the girl on the swing at 1:20 is the first time I've ever actually clutched at my face in a Fail Video. Thankfully you can see that she was fine and it was in fact her elbows and not her face which dragged across the ground.

The dad at 3:37 has a great understanding of comedic timing.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Sister Fails

Beautiful.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Around 28" is the best. Where he doesn't have to bulldoze anybody in his path. Where he breaks away and just plain outclasses all the skinny kids in running.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
That samoan kid is like real life Breaking Madden:

http://i.imgur.com/oTvngkc.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/W2oaD1C.gifv

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Memento posted:

Helmets encourage kids to slam their heads together and are actually worse for you in the long run.

American football implemented helmets because the sport was going to be banned due to how many deaths happened each year due to skull fractures.

http://www.history.com/news/how-teddy-roosevelt-saved-football

I don't know that rugby helmets encourage headbutting, but in gridiron football a predilection for head to head contact clearly existed prior to safety equipment.

For Schadenfreude:

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/775562178166423552

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Memento posted:

It's the same with motorcycles.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Barnie Gumble burp at @2:01 makes this.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/arpaio-receives-no-confidence-letter-and-faces-first-hearing-in-criminal-case-october-11-8645508

Arpaio's fiefdom is finally starting to implode.

MCSO has had to divert funds originally going to raises for front line officers to pay for his general misconduct.

quote:

As a result, a $4.7 million retention plan for detention officers, which involved a pay raise for these men and women in uniform, had to be diverted to implement reforms arising from Melendres. (The remainder of the $8 million tab came from the MCSO's general fund.) The board of supervisors approved this diversion, as recommended by MCSO brass, on September 7.

No wonder Joe's line troops are pissed. On September 8, an anonymous letter of "no confidence" was e-mailed to Sheridan and other MCSO muck-a-mucks, causing quite a stir at MCSO headquarters. Addressed to the sheriff, it's signed by "MCSO Employees who do the right thing," and offers a withering assessment of the current state of affairs at the MCSO.

The e-mail berates Arpaio for bringing disrepute on all MCSO employees in uniform, stating that:

"Because of your shameful practices, the citizens of Maricopa County, those whom we are entrusted to serve and protect both on the street and in the jails, believe we are corrupt and unprofessional. We believe it is important that they not confuse you, with us. Those terms only apply to you."

The missive covers concerns that MCSO detention officers and deputies previously have related to this reporter, alleging that, "Our jail facilities are dangerously understaffed, running continual overtime to keep the inmates and officers safe."

It also states that there is a solution, one that Arpaio refuses to do for political reasons: shutter Tent City.

"Your recent decision to keep the nearly empty Tent City Jail open for your continued political gain sacrifices desperately needed detention officer positions in other areas and is unsafe," states the e-mail. "There is plenty of bed space to move those inmates and officers inside, which would increase staffing in our jails."

I can only hope his entire career comes crashing down while the old fucker is still alive.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Raptor1033 posted:

For me, his worst vid will always be the one where he greases up his kitchen floor. Earning him a compound toe fracture and a trip to the hospital.

I thought for sure it'd be the one where he chugs raw eggs upside down, vomits them into an electric skillet, cooks the egg vomit and eats it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/arpaio-receives-no-confidence-letter-and-faces-first-hearing-in-criminal-case-october-11-8645508

Arpaio's fiefdom is finally starting to implode.

MCSO has had to divert funds originally going to raises for front line officers to pay for his general misconduct.

I can only hope his entire career comes crashing down while the old fucker is still alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWFCQVxaMMw

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Io_ posted:

Yep. His first plan was even more looney toons and included things like hiring prostitutes/rentboys, planting evidence of felonies etc. so he could stage fake stings to blackmail people.
It's amazing just how far a complete nutjob can rise as long as he has the right ideological bona fides.

quote:

Liddy's courtroom activities as prosecutor were occasionally a bit unsettling. On one occasion he waved a knife under the noses of startled jurors (later overturned on the basis of that stunt, an opposing lawyer recalled), and another time he smashed a piece of wood over the jury rail while prosecuting an assault case involving the use of the plank. Liddy paid for the repair to the jury rail.

However, the incident that comes most quickly to mind of the people who knew Iiddy was the day he fired a revolver in the courtroom. The presiding judge, Raymond C. Baratta, recalled:

“It went off, pow! I nearly fell off my chair.”

And because you had to put that goddamn image in my head and I refuse to suffer alone:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Memento posted:

Agreed also we are noticing an increase in combat injuries in the people we send helmets to so lets discontinue them as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Telsa Cola posted:

Agreed also we are noticing an increase in combat injuries in the people we send helmets to so lets discontinue them as well.

As far as concussions go he isnt wrong. Helmets that are actually small enough to be practical also arent thick enough to prevent concussions during impacts. Yes they of course will stop thost incredibly sever brain killing hits but instead get cumulative damage over a career.