Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

TommyGun85 posted:

should I drop Dalton for Eli this week and go with Carr ROS?

I dunno. I think Giants are going to get in more shootouts all season and they have a crazy WR corp so thats why Im sticking with Eli all season, but Dalton is no slouch either so I can't really help ya! All solid options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I dunno if nobody else in my league paid attention to waiver poo poo but I got Fuller, Coleman, Sharpe and Sanu.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
My big money league team is off to a great start this year having taken Week 1 135-100, and I'm really stoked about the viable long term status of most of my team's core, but I know I'm gonna have to try to make a move or two to make it really a contender.

I can't take to the bank last week because my guys just aren't going to do that every week. We had one keeper, which I used on Eddie Lacy to take him 9th overall, and then drafted the team before you.

Since it's a 16 team 1ppr, I went RB(K), then WR, WR, WR, RB. So far, so good.

QB: Andy Dalton
RB: Eddie Lacy, TJ Yeldon, Dion Lewis(IR)
WR: Brandin Cooks, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Michael Floyd, Eli Rogers, Devin Funchess
TE: Jacob Tamme, Charles Clay
D/ST: Bills, Bears
K: Matt Bryant

Any ideas for where I should start thinking about shoring up weakness? Maybe flipping Yeldon and Floyd for someone?

I'm also very content with my team as constituted. I'm waiting for the Woodhead owner in my league to make me an offer.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

bows1 posted:

I dunno. I think Giants are going to get in more shootouts all season and they have a crazy WR corp so thats why Im sticking with Eli all season, but Dalton is no slouch either so I can't really help ya! All solid options

I don't know about all season as the defense is improved but I'd want Eli against the Saints this weekend for sure.

E: how do we feel about Enuwa going forward? I lost Keenan Allen and have JMatt and Wallace but I have a bench spot to fill and waivers are picked clean.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Blimpkin posted:

My big money league team is off to a great start this year having taken Week 1 135-100, and I'm really stoked about the viable long term status of most of my team's core, but I know I'm gonna have to try to make a move or two to make it really a contender.

I can't take to the bank last week because my guys just aren't going to do that every week. We had one keeper, which I used on Eddie Lacy to take him 9th overall, and then drafted the team before you.

Since it's a 16 team 1ppr, I went RB(K), then WR, WR, WR, RB. So far, so good.

QB: Andy Dalton
RB: Eddie Lacy, TJ Yeldon, Dion Lewis(IR)
WR: Brandin Cooks, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Michael Floyd, Eli Rogers, Devin Funchess
TE: Jacob Tamme, Charles Clay
D/ST: Bills, Bears
K: Matt Bryant

Any ideas for where I should start thinking about shoring up weakness? Maybe flipping Yeldon and Floyd for someone?

I'm also very content with my team as constituted. I'm waiting for the Woodhead owner in my league to make me an offer.

You have two active RB's on your team... Even if you only start one RB, that's a glaringly painful weakness right there. Your first second and third priority should be shoring up the RB position.

Get rid of your backup TE, and D/ST immediately for some running backs.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

RCarr posted:

You have two active RB's on your team... Even if you only start one RB, that's a glaringly painful weakness right there. Your first second and third priority should be shoring up the RB position.

Get rid of your backup TE, and D/ST immediately for some running backs.

Oh should I mention that our lineups are structured as such?

QB RB RB/WR WR WR TE FLEX DST K

Having two RBs is a weakness but only as far as depth. Who are RBs I should target with my trade bait?

Drop Clay? Drop Bills?

Edit: I'm out of my element here, I always draft RB RB WR, so to have so many viable receivers is a wealth I've never known.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RB depth is arguably the most important aspect of fantasy football.

Drop whichever TE and D/ST you like less, and see what RB's are available off waivers/free agency. You said it's a 16 team league so you're probably not going to find any gems, but anything is better than not having any backup RB's. Look at the post a few pages back which ranked this week's waiver pickups. Maybe see if you can package a WR or two for a RB in a trade.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Do you think offering Tom Brady for Marvin Jones is viable?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doesn't sound too outlandish to me. I'd consider it in the right circumstances.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

CompeAnansi posted:

QB streaming talk. If I'm looking for a QB for the next couple weeks because I drafted Tyrod late, who do you prefer? Cousins, Flacco, or Mariota? Cousins has the worst matchup this week of the bunch, but has some nicer ones in the next couple weeks, Flacco has two good back to back matchups, while Mariota only has a good matchup this week because he faces HOU week 3.

Flacco IMO

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

CompeAnansi posted:

QB streaming talk. If I'm looking for a QB for the next couple weeks because I drafted Tyrod late, who do you prefer? Cousins, Flacco, or Mariota? Cousins has the worst matchup this week of the bunch, but has some nicer ones in the next couple weeks, Flacco has two good back to back matchups, while Mariota only has a good matchup this week because he faces HOU week 3.

Cousins appears to be the consensus.

I would personally take a hard look at Matt Ryan against Oakland and NO for the next two weeks. Mo looked great, the running backs looked great catching the ball, and Julio is bound to surpass his week 1 line. We're getting "away Ryan" instead of "Dome Ryan" though, so expectations are tempered. But hey, he was QB6 last week, which was pretty much his wheelhouse prior to last year.

NO is just such a juicy matchup week 3 though. Carr just gashed them for a 300 yard top-10 finish.

edit: reminder, never listen to me for sit/start advice.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 14, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Should I drop anyone for Tyrell Williams?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Rogers. He'd never be starting over Nuk, ARob, Coop, or Cobb, so you might as well take advantage of your depth and swing for the fences.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Rogers. He'd never be starting over Nuk, ARob, Coop, or Cobb, so you might as well take advantage of your depth and swing for the fences.

drat, knew that was probably the best drop (just paid 100 of 1000 on FAAB for Rogers)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there any reason that Chris Hogan has such lovely projected points this week? I'm considering putting him in one of my flex spots in a standard scoring league:

Also, hopefully I'm picking up Tajae Sharpe in place of Aiken, but I have to wait until Saturday to figure that out.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

Dude has a 40.5 yard average over 2 seasons! I would drop anyone on that list for him!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

sector_corrector posted:

Is there any reason that Chris Hogan has such lovely projected points this week? I'm considering putting him in one of my flex spots in a standard scoring league:

because he's Chris Hogan and Gronk is probably coming back

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Dude has a 40.5 yard average over 2 seasons! I would drop anyone on that list for him!

Hey at least you can have Eli Rogers now that I dropped him for Tyrell (after beating you in bids!)

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

sector_corrector posted:

Also, hopefully I'm picking up Tajae Sharpe in place of Aiken, but I have to wait until Saturday to figure that out.

Don't flex Hogan over any of those guys. I'd leave your lineup as is.

Huskers
May 9, 2009
Who's the better ROS lottery ticket Wheaton or E Rogers (Standard)?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

Hey at least you can have Eli Rogers now that I dropped him for Tyrell (after beating you in bids!)

I don't need either. Though I do enjoy the 100 bucks that vanished from your wallet.

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012
Should I start Randall Cobb over Brandon Marshall or Emmanuel Sanders?

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist

Just dropped Ertz for Allen. How does this look going in to week 2? 0 PPR

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

I don't need either. Though I do enjoy the 100 bucks that vanished from your wallet.

At least it isn't the 300 spent on Fuller.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
In case it wasn't common knowledge, snap counts/percentages are here, sortable by team and position: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts . I found it really helpful when assessing IDP guys that didn't fill the stat sheet, as well as things like competition for a particular position. You can also see past years if you want to see historical trends for like a given team's WR3 involvement.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Recycle Bin posted:

Just dropped Ertz for Allen. How does this look going in to week 2? 0 PPR

get rid of Tyrod, there's gotta be someone more useful for you to grab

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Williams is still available. Drop anyone here for him? Rivers? And then who do I play? Oh, god I got almost literally everyone I wanted and now I don't know who to put in!

ESPN Standard Scoring

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
CJ Prosise has a broken bone in his hand but might play with a cast. Do you drop him to stash Jay Ajayi for if(when) Foster goes down?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MacheteZombie posted:

At least it isn't the 300 spent on Fuller.

300 spent on Fuller seems like a much better investment than 100 spent on nothing.

Also I probably would have just kept Rogers.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Some jackass in my work league dropped Le'Veon Bell last night and someone else snatched him up before I noticed :/

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist

Varg posted:

get rid of Tyrod, there's gotta be someone more useful for you to grab

Top QBs on the wire are Flacco, Garoppolo and Tannehill. I assume anyone I get will just be backup for Cam, right?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

mr_bunnyfish posted:

Should I start Randall Cobb over Brandon Marshall or Emmanuel Sanders?

Is this a serious question?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

300 spent on Fuller seems like a much better investment than 100 spent on nothing.

Also I probably would have just kept Rogers.

I know, it was just a way to try and justify it to myself. So now I'll just say I spent 100 on Tyrell lol.

Either way I feel like having Eli or Tyrell is mostly adding depth. I think Tyrell could have the higher ceiling though.

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012

jabro posted:

Is this a serious question?

yes. yes it is

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mr_bunnyfish posted:

yes. yes it is

you might have a better time asking in the sit/start thread, then

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Elysium posted:

Some jackass in my work league dropped Le'Veon Bell last night and someone else snatched him up before I noticed :/

A league with no waiver system is not a league to be a part of.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

mr_bunnyfish posted:

yes. yes it is

One guy led the league in TDs and the others didn't.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

RCarr posted:

A league with no waiver system is not a league to be a part of.

It has waivers but I guess dropped players go straight to FA in this league?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Prophecy120 posted:

CJ Prosise has a broken bone in his hand but might play with a cast. Do you drop him to stash Jay Ajayi for if(when) Foster goes down?

Neither of those guys should be rostered.

Ajayi is like fourth on the depth chart now and Prosise will barely see the field even when healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Elysium posted:

It has waivers but I guess dropped players go straight to FA in this league?

That's not how leagues with waiver systems typically work.

• Locked thread