Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The only pitchers that I drafted that are still on my team are Carrasco, Iwakuma, and Chapman.

I ended up with 115 saves this year, next closest was 75 :v:

Other than saves and Ks (3rd) I'm in the bottom 4 in the other 4 categories, but I managed to stream and aim for the categories my opponents were weak in week after week and ended up in second place with a bye this week for playoffs largely because I kept winning pitching.

Pitching owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Schweinhund posted:

well Salazar is out for 3 weeks so he's basically droppable. I'm starting to come around on this 'gently caress pitching' concept.

Pitching injuries have been loving me over really hard in my roto league. I lost Kershaw to the DL two starts after I traded for him. And Gerrit Cole and Danny Salazar have spent the entire second half alternating being on the DL and pitching like poo poo because they're still injured. Both of them have too much potential to be good for me to drop. Now with mere weeks remaining, at least this gives me a justifiable out to drop one of them. I may just have to drop Cole, too, after he pooped all over himself again tonight.

I'm second place in the league and if it wasn't for the three of those guys being injured, I'm pretty sure I'd be running away with it.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Dude is killing me tonight

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

bewbies posted:

So I've been streaming SPs all year; my opponent in playoffs went through yesterday and added and then dropped about half the free agent pitchers so they'd be on waivers and I couldn't use them. RUDE
lol at not having a matchup acquisition limit

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I streamed Wily loving Peralta on a Monday and it didn't blow up in my face, hot drat!

(he's actually been quietly decent lately)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Would anyone be interested in taking over a team in our (I think there's four of us here) Dynasty-lite league? 12 teams, H2H, 6x6 with OPS and QS added, each team keeps exactly ten players per year at no cost (they're just the first ten picks in the draft). Last important rules are that rookies aren't available until they're called up (though Yahoo occasionally puts them in a bit early), where they go through waivers, we have a continuous waiver system that rolls through between seasons. If a player shows up in the draft as a prospect then they're free reign but if they don't show up in the majors that year then they can't be kept.

Anyway, here's Wonderwallthe team

I'm putting it up now because it gives you the chance to make some end of season trades if you want to. Draft pick trades are allowed (though don't trade any of your first ten picks since those are the keeper rounds). We do a weighted draft lottery for the first pick and the team finished 2nd to last so you'd have either the first, second, or third pick. I think the roster is way better than the placement (probably should have at least contended for the playoffs), the guy just stopped playing halfway through the season.

I just need an e-mail to send the invite if anyone wants in.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
I'm interested. Sent you a PM

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Invite sent. Welcome!

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Hah, well that was easy. Welcome aboard, may I interest you in this Gerrit Cole?

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
Possibly, send me an offer and we'll go from there.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I will give you a Kings ransom for Seager. A Kings ransom is usually Gold. I pluralized Gold for a reason.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Boy I'm sure glad I have a bye this week:

Last 30 Days:

Ramos: .187
Altuve: .223
Bogaerts: .248
Springer: .233

If you shorten to last 14 days I also have Rizzo hitting .255 and Cespedes hitting .227

I also have Dickerson and Buxton eagerly waiting to turn back into pumpkins

I'm going to lose :(

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
That team won the title last year. I didn't know he stopped playing. :(

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Boy I'm sure glad I have a bye this week:

Last 30 Days:

Ramos: .187
Altuve: .223
Bogaerts: .248
Springer: .233

If you shorten to last 14 days I also have Rizzo hitting .255 and Cespedes hitting .227

I also have Dickerson and Buxton eagerly waiting to turn back into pumpkins

I'm going to lose :(

I feel your pain. My team's been strong all year, stagger into the playoffs with a .207 avg and .598 OPS last week. They better get their poo poo sorted during my bye week or it's gonna be a quick exit.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The only thing keeping me afloat is my pitching. Arrieta and Quintana have been hit or miss the last 6 weeks or so, but the rest of my staff (Kluber, Price, Hendricks, Verlander, Urias, Familia, Oh, Dyson, Giles) have pretty much been lights out for the last month at least

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My team decided to start playing super good since playoffs started, but unfortunately I didn't make the playoffs. I would be mad if I was close to a playoff spot but I was in 9th or 10th place out of 12 so whatever. At least I did a decent job selling at the trade deadline so I'm in good shape for next year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jabro posted:

I will give you a Kings ransom for Seager. A Kings ransom is usually Gold. I pluralized Gold for a reason.

Technically you capitalized it :eng101:

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

That team won the title last year. I didn't know he stopped playing. :(

Yeah, it was kind of a bummer. I spoke with him a couple months ago trying to trade for Verlander or Sale and he said that he wasn't going to make any huge trades unless he felt it was lopsided in his favor so the new owner wouldn't have to dig out of a hole or anything.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

Technically you capitalized it :eng101:

Yeah, it was kind of a bummer. I spoke with him a couple months ago trying to trade for Verlander or Sale and he said that he wasn't going to make any huge trades unless he felt it was lopsided in his favor so the new owner wouldn't have to dig out of a hole or anything.

I am dumb. Please take advantage of me in a trade.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

I feel your pain. My team's been strong all year, stagger into the playoffs with a .207 avg and .598 OPS last week. They better get their poo poo sorted during my bye week or it's gonna be a quick exit.

It was a struggle fest for both of us.

I rode my pitching here to the end - Bumgarner, Hamels, Darvish and Hammel. Now it is imploding, Cole stinks and I am relying on De Leon to stay in the rotation and Nova to keep it up.

If I can get three weeks of my offense and pitching clicking at the same time I feel good about my chances. It's just either an ERA of 6 or a .100 BA.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Fernando Rodney, Carlos Carrasco to begin the week, Pollock, Cain, and Hamilton not playing.

..not like my team built on ratios, AVG, R, and SB needs those. :suicide:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Meanwhile I'm just praying that Buxton and Dozier keep mashing dingers.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Playing in the semifinals in my league and was planning on taking a player tonight and someone else took him who's playing in the 11th place consolation bracket.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DeepDickPizza posted:

Pitching injuries have been loving me over really hard in my roto league. I lost Kershaw to the DL two starts after I traded for him. And Gerrit Cole and Danny Salazar have spent the entire second half alternating being on the DL and pitching like poo poo because they're still injured. Both of them have too much potential to be good for me to drop. Now with mere weeks remaining, at least this gives me a justifiable out to drop one of them. I may just have to drop Cole, too, after he pooped all over himself again tonight.

Well, looks like I can drop Cole, too. Hey, teams! Stop letting guys that are still injured pitch, you dumb assholes!!!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Moneyball posted:

Fernando Rodney, Carlos Carrasco to begin the week, Pollock, Cain, and Hamilton not playing.

..not like my team built on ratios, AVG, R, and SB needs those. :suicide:

Cain is out for the year it appears, and Hamilton might be as well.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I missed having a bye in the first week of the playoffs by 1 point and my team decided to go 0/43 today with a 10 IP 10 ERA.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Two days since then:

13/4/23 .345/1.049

:stare:

I... guess they heard me? Now I feel like I missed out on Segura's random 2 HR game. Fantasy lol.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Two days since then:

13/4/23 .345/1.049

My team is only hitting .262 because it went .194 on Monday, but I do have 12/4/11/2 and both Altuve and Bogaerts have HRs so maaaaybe??? :respek:

My pitching has 4 W, 28 K, 3 QS, and about a 2.10 ERA and 0.75 WHIP through 22.2 IP so they're still rolling along... Just three more weeks guys :ohdear:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I heard some guy on the subway yesterday talking about how he got in to the playoffs and then picked up Dozier, Turner, and Hill.

I wanted to turn around and tell him that when he wins he shouldn't be proud of beating a bunch of people with the brainpower of pond scum if they were all still available.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Inspector_666 posted:

I heard some guy on the subway yesterday talking about how he got in to the playoffs and then picked up Dozier, Turner, and Hill.

I wanted to turn around and tell him that when he wins he shouldn't be proud of beating a bunch of people with the brainpower of pond scum if they were all still available.

In one of my free leagues last week someone dropped Ramos and Kluber and I got them both off waivers with 12th priority. Not doing free leagues again.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Anyone else holding Fatbathia for that sweet Sunday night start?

Man he was good yesterday, I'd originally planned to dump him for a better matchup but...

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Top 5 OF for next year?

Trout/Harper/Mookie/Bryant....Blackmon?

Blackmon ~~ .317/.377/.542 ~ 27 HR ~ 16 SB
Trout ~~ .319/.435/.561 ~27 HR ~ 25 SB
Harper ~~ .247/ .380 /.455 ~ 24 HR ~ 21 SB

If your league doesn't count OBP then Blackmon is more or less Mike Trout this year, for probably 1/2 or 1/3 the price. This is like the third year in a row where I said, "Blackmon...really?"

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think I'd rather have Myers or Springer over Blackmon as of now, but not by much and mainly due to upside.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I play in this really deep 16-team dynasty league. I survived a harsh start to win something like 13 of my final 14 matchups. I get into the playoffs and ... Cole is out for the year, Strasburg is out for the year, Donaldson has been hurt, Correa can barely swing a bat, Altuve has stopped hitting entirely, Arrieta blows, Pomeranz can't throw his curveball. Marte hasn't played in like a week. It's so frustrating because this is the final season i'll be able to keep all these guys together. I've debated blowing it up and just trading everyone off in the offseason, because you basically get a two-year window in this league and this is year 2.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoctaFun posted:

Top 5 OF for next year?

Hopefully the top three is Trout/Stanton/Buxton

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
edit: lol i cant read

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

Hopefully the top three is Trout/Stanton/Buxton

I hate you.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Pollock squeezes Blackmon out of the top 5? Especially with the perennial "which Rockies OF will be traded"

Trout
Harper
Betts
Bryant
Pollock
Blackmon
Springer
Stanton
Martinez*
Marte*

*just guessing here

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jabro posted:

I hate you.

You're winning!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

You're winning!

My pitching is going to catch up to me. The Nats need to put Strasburg on the DL. He's killing me on the bench. At least deGrom will presumably start on Sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

bewbies posted:

I think I'd rather have Myers or Springer over Blackmon as of now, but not by much and mainly due to upside.

Springer needs to stop sandwiching 4/5 games in between 2/30 stretches if he wants to be taken seriously as a top-3 OF. His average doesn't let me put up there with those other 4.

Owning George Springer is like owning a worse Chris Davis who steals sometimes

I've honestly been benching him most of the last two months and streaming my OF and I haven't really been any worse for wear (10 team league though definitely makes that easier but still)

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 14, 2016

• Locked thread