Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Does hyper analyzing everything you do ever stop?

I've been told I'm either going to get a subaru and give up, die, or turn into a track robot who spergs about rebound settings based on a specific turn on a given track.

I'm cool with being a robot if it means I get laser eyes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Nah it doesn't. Now get an action cam so we can hyper analyze your every ride.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Space Whale posted:

Does hyper analyzing everything you do ever stop?

I've been told I'm either going to get a subaru and give up, die, or turn into a track robot who spergs about rebound settings based on a specific turn on a given track.

I'm cool with being a robot if it means I get laser eyes though.

If you stop hyper analyzing you probably should stop riding. It's going to help keep you alive.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

If you stop hyper analyzing you probably should stop riding. It's going to help keep you alive.

I wish this wasn't true, and it brings a bittersweet dissatisfaction with bieks sometimes, but it's loving true. Unless you're Travis Pastrana or some poo poo you have to think about what you're doing and whether you could do it better pretty much all the time just to stay ahead of the probable injury curve.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I'm kinda over street riding for that exact reason, and I'm going to store the Monster over the winter with the full intent to sell it in the spring. I'm glad I owned it, it was my dream bike since I was a kid and I can check it off the lost of "arbitrary poo poo to do before I die", but riding sucks when you have things falling off the back of trucks blocking your way, shreds of exploded tires covering roads, trash in the streets and every human being on the road staring into a cellphone. That and insane, hot, hours-long traffic jams with lane splitting being aggressively illegal.

It loving sucks when you come to hate something you used to love. I'm literally going to sell the bike and use the cash for woodworking tools, and it feels like I'm dead inside.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I just don't commute on it. My 10,000 miles/year are usually tied up in 1-2 weeks and a couple weekends out of town. The worst part is the deer

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ripoff posted:

I'm kinda over street riding for that exact reason, and I'm going to store the Monster over the winter with the full intent to sell it in the spring. I'm glad I owned it, it was my dream bike since I was a kid and I can check it off the lost of "arbitrary poo poo to do before I die", but riding sucks when you have things falling off the back of trucks blocking your way, shreds of exploded tires covering roads, trash in the streets and every human being on the road staring into a cellphone. That and insane, hot, hours-long traffic jams with lane splitting being aggressively illegal.

It loving sucks when you come to hate something you used to love. I'm literally going to sell the bike and use the cash for woodworking tools, and it feels like I'm dead inside.

Sorry to hear about the bike, but I'm glad you've got a new hobby lined up. Woodworking is something I've been thinking about doing for a while. Have you checked out the SA thread for it? Some pretty cool projects in there.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Ripoff posted:

This is why I got a dirt bike. I'm still keeping the street bike as a backroad toy and touring machine, but I just want to putt around slowly on dirt roads and stop and take pictures of flowers and take a nap on a rock.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
It's been really hard not to feel the same way after moving to Chicago. I might ride around Lake Michigan this fall then sell it.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

putt around slowly on dirt roads and stop and take pictures of flowers and take a nap on a rock.

This is a pretty strong sell for getting a small dual sport and doing more trailriding.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Ripoff posted:

bro you're going to winterize your bike when riding season is STARTING? GA fall is the best time to ride when it's 70-80 and sunny

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Coydog posted:

This is a pretty strong sell for getting a small dual sport and doing more trailriding.

Who was the goon who used to motonap? He'd go for a ride and put his hammock up and take a nap next to a creek. That's what I want out of life.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Razzled posted:

bro you're going to winterize your bike when riding season is STARTING? GA fall is the best time to ride when it's 70-80 and sunny

This is truth. I didn't ride in the summer in Arkansas near as much as I did in the fall.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Ripoff - alternative suggestion. Leave your monster with me and I'll ride it through winter and take care of basic maintenance. Save the trouble of storage and winterizing! :D You can't lose!

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
I wore those revit crab claw overgloves today. Felt lovely.

Took them off and my gauntlet gloves feel like a second skin instead of a glove.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Who was the goon who used to motonap? He'd go for a ride and put his hammock up and take a nap next to a creek. That's what I want out of life.

That was me, though I don't have my Tdub any more so I haven't been able to do it in a while. The mere mention of it has rekindled the fire, however. Here's a pic from a motonap trip a few years back:

There's a Hennessey in the tank bag. The key is living somewhere that you can ride a few miles and be secluded.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

And now I want to move out to the country. That sounds like an awesome afternoon.

Also, :hfive: hammock camping buddy.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Gorson posted:

That was me, though I don't have my Tdub any more so I haven't been able to do it in a while. The mere mention of it has rekindled the fire, however. Here's a pic from a motonap trip a few years back:

There's a Hennessey in the tank bag. The key is living somewhere that you can ride a few miles and be secluded.

This. This is a man who has life figured out. We could all learn from this goon.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Fishvilla posted:

And now I want to move out to the country. That sounds like an awesome afternoon.

I don't think you need to move to the country, this occurred about 60 minutes from Seattle

maybe an hour and a half:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Between moto nap and no small talk country, I've got a serious case of jealousy for where other people live.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gorson posted:

You must have been in northern or western Wisconsin. If you leave the pavement for more than 5 seconds in SE wisconsin, the swat team comes and revokes your license.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ripoff posted:

Yup. I've barely ridden at all this summer. I'll pick it up a bit through the fall though because at least the weather is nicer. Everything else is still poo poo though. I'm planning to solve my riding woes by selling in spring and getting a Grom. It's much more fit for purpose.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Fishvilla posted:

Also, :hfive: hammock camping buddy.

I'm just a hop, skip, and 37 dirty Packer bars across the river from you. I'm down for a goon ride or goon camp-out, whenever. There are some excellent riding roads in Buffalo and Pepin county.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You must have been in northern or western Wisconsin. If you leave the pavement for more than 5 seconds in SE wisconsin, the swat team comes and revokes your license.

Northwest. I live in a town of about 60k (Eau Claire) which sits squarely in the middle of some pretty rustic country. 1 mile out of town and it's all toothless hillbillies playing banjos.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Local rider on the red VFR just got a ticket because the Harley owner on the right called the cops on them for "blocking him in". Of course the Harley rider was nowhere to be seen when the owner showed up. I've never heard of such lunacy, especially in multi bike motorcycle parking, and with as much free space there is for the Harley to get out.

But of course it would be some ninny on a Harley.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coydog posted:

Local rider on the red VFR just got a ticket because the Harley owner on the right called the cops on them for "blocking him in". Of course the Harley rider was nowhere to be seen when the owner showed up. I've never heard of such lunacy, especially in multi bike motorcycle parking, and with as much free space there is for the Harley to get out.

But of course it would be some ninny on a Harley.

Here it is, folks, a situation in which I think it is OK to knock someone else's bike over. If you can't ride it you shouldn't have it.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Even if he was blocked in, it's not hard to wheel a VFR forward a little

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

PaintVagrant posted:

Between moto nap and no small talk country, I've got a serious case of jealousy for where other people live.

You and me both. I'm making sure I check out the riding before my next move.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Chichevache posted:

Sorry to hear about the bike, but I'm glad you've got a new hobby lined up. Woodworking is something I've been thinking about doing for a while. Have you checked out the SA thread for it? Some pretty cool projects in there.

My grandfather had me doing something with him since I was a kid, it's relaxing as heck (until you mess up a cut and dangit that was an expensive chunk of wood :argh: ) but yeah I will definitely check that thread out. I still have a ton to learn, but what I do know now is that routers are the best tool ever for taking ugly things and making them pretty.

This is why I got a dirt bike. I'm still keeping the street bike as a backroad toy and touring machine, but I just want to putt around slowly on dirt roads and stop and take pictures of flowers and take a nap on a rock.

Actually, this and all the moto-napping stuff sounds awesome and fun as hell. I do ride by some weird unofficial trails around where I work, and having a dual-sport to go run up a dirt path sounds like a lot more fun than sitting in traffic!

Coydog posted:

Ripoff - alternative suggestion. Leave your monster with me and I'll ride it through winter and take care of basic maintenance. Save the trouble of storage and winterizing! :D You can't lose!

Oh man, we should start a Terribly Impractical Motorcycle Rental Service. $199 a day to ride something you will hate in an hour!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ripoff posted:

Oh man, we should start a Terribly Impractical Motorcycle Rental Service. $199 a day to ride something you will hate in an hour!

NEW! Buell Blast "Appreciate your own bike again" program. $99 for 30 minutes seat time, $25 for 1 hour seat time!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coydog posted:

NEW! Buell Blast "Appreciate your own bike again" program. $99 for 30 minutes seat time, $25 for 1 hour seat time!

Oh hey can I rent a Sportster '48? The seat somehow managed to distribute my entire weight right onto my anus and it was so great climbing back onto my Vstrom because it never wants anything to do with my anus

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Phy posted:

Oh hey can I rent a Sportster '48? The seat somehow managed to distribute my entire weight right onto my anus and it was so great climbing back onto my Vstrom because it never wants anything to do with my anus

Making prostates happy since 1903.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Adrenaline really bumps percieved confidence doesn't it?

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Ugh, kinda annoying my super moto doesn't have any space under the seat or onboard storage for waterproofs. Currently 'stuck' due to all this rain.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Keket posted:

Ugh, kinda annoying my super moto doesn't have any space under the seat or onboard storage for waterproofs. Currently 'stuck' due to all this rain.

You'll dry out later

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Space Whale posted:

Adrenaline really bumps percieved confidence doesn't it?

Tell us the story!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
NsaP posted the chatlog in the other thread already :v:

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Tell us the story!

Epinepherine from the dentist (mixed with lidocaine so your gums bleed less and you resorb the lidocaine slower, nothing special). I noticed absolutely zero fear or hesitation, just paying attention on how to do things good and smoothly. It was nice, but it didn't actually make me better at anything.

Then jitters all drat day.

No road/roid raging, just guffaws at people cutting me off.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Renaissance Robot posted:

NsaP posted the chatlog in the other thread already :v:

Did he post where I called him a gasbag y/n.

Irc logs definitely belong in a padded chamber along with people who drag that poo poo to the forums.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
There are even more bad things I could tell everyone about "Space Whale"! But I don't engage in IRC gossip, unlike people from Kentucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Space Whale posted:

Epinepherine from the dentist (mixed with lidocaine so your gums bleed less and you resorb the lidocaine slower, nothing special). I noticed absolutely zero fear or hesitation, just paying attention on how to do things good and smoothly. It was nice, but it didn't actually make me better at anything.

Then jitters all drat day.

No road/roid raging, just guffaws at people cutting me off.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you should probably not ride a motorcycle on the same day as having oral surgery