Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

It seems like most of the negative Steam reviews boil down to poor wheel/controller support or 'It's not a sim like NR2003!' so I'm not sure how much stock to put in them v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
There's a lot of controller/wheel issues on PC

Meanwhile on console, 2 minutes and I'm underwhelmed. Edge clipping everywhere

You start with only 6 tracks available to race...

Sim physics are comically bad. No sense of speed and you are absolutely glued to the track. Barely turning jerks the car and reminds me of Daytona USA

Normal physics, not much different. For a good laugh, pause and unpause the game a few times. The physics panic on unpause. Driving a straight line smoothly is not doable. Smooth corners aren't too hard

Draft effect=just hold a vibrator

Daytona 14 laps. Won by 15 seconds because the pack was doing 170 and can go 190 no draft. Going to try with max speed setting 105.

Pin balling all around on purpose, no wrecks

100 ai much better speed. Parked on track, no yellow. Pathetic result of just spinning and no air at all when field hit, but did bring out yellow. Yellows are summed, including pit stop, which magically repaired all cars and I got free pass to stay on lead lap..

Pit stop, 20 seconds

Career car numbers: 8 28 36 99. That's it

How to drive any track: hold the gas down at all times, tap the brake to turn harder

Game has no stats to speak of really

Bump drafting doesn't work, side draft does

And refunding. Eutechnix did a better job sadly.

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 13, 2016

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

I'll even take it a step further. Forza did NASCAR better than this

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Slickdrac posted:

Career car numbers: 8 28 36 99. That's it

I don't get this. One of my favorite things in any NASCAR game was nerding out and creating my own car and I've never understood why games usually only have a handful of numbers you can use. I was 64 for the longest time when playing in season/career modes because I started with Thunder 2002 and it only had like 35, 53, 56, 63, and 64 as options, even when Thunder 2005 gave you a much larger plate of numbers to choose from.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Lol the game looks like dirt to Daytona with gen6 cars. The sound effects are literally the same. No they literally are in the true sense of the word.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

SRA wedding package still at $20.50 :eng99:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Well go on, snap it up and have a Vegas pre-wedding.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cubey posted:

It seems like most of the negative Steam reviews boil down to poor wheel/controller support or 'It's not a sim like NR2003!' so I'm not sure how much stock to put in them v:shobon:v

Oddly enough when you put an arcade game on a platform with true sims, people are going to compare this to those.

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.
Holy poo poo, if you look up Nepotism in the dictionary you'll see a picture of Richard Childress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aggaz55CNGY

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

POPPA DONE TELL HIM TO GET OUT OF WAY

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.
I have a feeling Paul is gonna be calling Roger Pop-Pop real soon.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Oddly enough when you put an arcade game on a platform with true sims, people are going to compare this to those.

Forza and Gran Tourismo aren't sims either, but no cars in there are getting F1 style downforce/handling and extremely jerky steering with slight stick movements

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Slickdrac posted:

Forza and Gran Tourismo aren't sims either, but no cars in there are getting F1 style downforce/handling and extremely jerky steering with slight stick movements

We shouldn't do this in here.

Point is the new Nascar game is a dumpster fire.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Slickdrac posted:

Oh I know, but then again there's no way a console NASCAR game was gonna be good regardless.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
crosspostin' from AI

740 horsepower, 980 pounds with fuel

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DEMAG posted:

Holy poo poo, if you look up Nepotism in the dictionary you'll see a picture of Richard Childress.

"Just made it three-wide on a restart".

There's that "Austin Dillon goes three-wide on a restart and screws everybody but the guy in the top lane" thing I've been talking about for two years now.

"Where's my loving team owner helping me out?" -Austin Dillon. That's right, run to Pop-Pop whenever something doesn't go your way, Legacy. :laffo:

e- LIS or lugnut check failure post-race takes away the auto-advance benefit for the Chase and won't allow race wins to count for Chase eligibility or seeding into the future. But, true to form:

quote:

If a team is found with 17 or fewer lug nuts tightened, a P4 penalty will be handed down. NASCAR has ruled that one missing lug nut is not a competitive advantage, but three or more is blatant.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-stiffens-penalties-for-missing-lug-nuts-failed-lis-inspections-091416

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 14, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm gonna be an Austin Dillon fan just to be contrarian

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm gonna be an Austin Dillon fan just to be contrarian

Grandpa mods?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

IMCA runs those

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

DEMAG posted:

Denny's waterbottle throw into truex's car was pretty good

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/TonyOldman41/status/776260444818399232

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Two people found dead at NASCAR driver Robby Gordon's family home
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/people-found-dead-nascar-driver-robby-gordon-family-home-article-1.2792983

:ohdear:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Holy poo poo. I used to deliver off-road parts to his dad all the time when Robby was racing SCORE.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
what is it with baja winners and dying with their wives

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Elitist Bitch posted:

SRA wedding package still at $20.50 :eng99:

They are all up to about $100 now. If you don't want to marry him you can go go carting or have him do a hot lap at the track with you instead. (None of the three options is really all that safe). The money goes to some charity so spend away.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Murder-suicide involving his dad.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
my buddy brought up the CTE thing and it wasn't so much the speculation but how that's now a real deal thing to look at that got me :/

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
ARCA in 1 hour on FS1 from Chicago!

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

OMG I so just bought this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162034645935

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
The details of the Robby Gordon thing, if that's what you are into.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

gently caress sold out.
Xl too big for me

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wear that to the airport to really confuse people.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I'm not breaking any new ground here, but Austin Cindric and John Wes can suck MY gently caress.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
If you want to see why I posted the above and also see Ty Majeski save the #17 multiple times, check out that ARCA race.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Ty majeski lapped me like 3 times in an iracing late model race once so good on him.

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.

Possibly Chicken posted:

Ty majeski lapped me like 3 times in an iracing late model race once so good on him.

Same, he was at least kind enough to not dump me. Timmy Hill... Not so much. It's just a game bruh.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Possibly Chicken posted:

Lol same too

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

anyone heading up to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400 this weekend?

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
https://twitter.com/NASCAR_Trucks/status/776900067445903360

:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:thurman:

• Locked thread