Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan is great and he has really good chemistry with pretty much everybody he talks to.

Plus there's nothing quite as fun as listening to him be contrarian to everybody and then get steamrolled by Dave when he tries it on him :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dave's borderline autism and Bryan's neurotic behavior is exactly why I love it and listen.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dave's borderline autism and Bryan's neurotic behavior is exactly why I love it and listen.

Yikes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i like bryan despite the flaws but Vinny is just insufferable now

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

what else would you like to diagnose the f4w crew with

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

semp has rickets

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cardboard Box posted:

what else would you like to diagnose the f4w crew with

Wang has an underbite or lisp or something.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Alain Post posted:

i like bryan despite the flaws but Vinny is just insufferable now
I really can't stand him anymore. He has been overtaken and outclassed by Filthy Tom in every manner possible, in both the way he does his reviews and the way he interacts with Bryan. It doesn't help that Vinny is doing a half-rear end job by reviewing the Hulu version of Raw and acting like he's suffering the most out of anyone.

I used to subscribe just to hear the Bryan and Vinny Show. Now I subscribe just for Filthy Tom Lawler's reviews.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I do have a soft spot for Filthy Tom's occasional sly digs at Vinny.

Getting Tom involved was a loving masterstroke and his chemistry with Bryan is off the charts.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tom brings out a side of Dave that Bryan can't.

"Hold on, I gotta get my poo poo in!"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

I do have a soft spot for Filthy Tom's occasional sly digs at Vinny.

Getting Tom involved was a loving masterstroke and his chemistry with Bryan is off the charts.

yeah i always enjoy the bryan and tom shows and having tom on more is always a plus

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I enjoy the Bryan & Vinny Show, what I really enjoyed was a recent show where Vinny reviews three shows he loved and is cracking jokes and laughing and just generally having a good time and then they get to the Raw review and his mood goes completely off a cliff. Bryan even says,"This is why everybody thinks you're a miserable person, because we make you watch Raw!"

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
dude must live a charmed life if getting paid to talk about a bad wrestling show makes him act like that

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Just have Thursday be the Bryan & Granny show imo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all of vinny's jobs are ungratifying, mind-numbing analysis without being paid the big bucks like some others are for the same stuff (football stuff, not wrestling) so i can understand being unhappy but he should probably at least leave F4W for his own good. he's a real fuckerman

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
All this disgusting Vinny bashing itt, smdh

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Spermgod posted:

dude must live a charmed life if getting paid to talk about a bad wrestling show makes him act like that

it's not even his main gig but it's like dude you still get paid to watch a show, take notes and read your notes. he doesn't even have to watch the full three hour version

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What were VV's hot take insights into the Seahawks win on the weekend? Anyone still listening?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm listening to the latest Austin podcast, part 2 with Missy Hyatt. It's a really neat listen with Missy taking on the interviewer role and the two of them talking about Steve's early days as a wrestler, who he worked with, what his mindset was, what veterans he took advice from and how he felt about particular early angles etc.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
I'm sure Vinny realizes reviewing Raw is pretty easy compared to most gigs in the world but I also think it's ok for him to relentlessly bash a mind numbingly stupid loving show. He correctly points out at least he gets paid for it. There's so many people on this forum who willingly slog through and hate post about how terrible it is for free which is something I don't understand at all.

Seriously tho, Raw is a really bad show. Don't watch Raw.

dsriggs posted:

All this disgusting Vinny bashing itt, smdh

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oh yeah don't get me wrong, i don't blame him for hating raw, lord knows i don't fuckin watch it. sometimes the constant anger gets a little old though.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't care if they love or hate the show but if they aren't having fun reviewing it i don't want to listen.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I would rather hear Vinny freak out about how bad the show was than just say "this was bad" and leave it at that, but then again sometimes that's all you can really say in conclusion Vinny is a land of contrasts and I like him.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I like when Bryan tries to talk about football and Vinny sounds like he wants to die

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There was a good example today of Craig quietly saying "oh God" when Bryan's about to go off the deep end, when he came up with the most ridiculous explanation for the 15 seconds of dead air on Retro Raw

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Tr33 posted:

I'm sure Vinny realizes reviewing Raw is pretty easy compared to most gigs in the world but I also think it's ok for him to relentlessly bash a mind numbingly stupid loving show. He correctly points out at least he gets paid for it. There's so many people on this forum who willingly slog through and hate post about how terrible it is for free which is something I don't understand at all.

Seriously tho, Raw is a really bad show. Don't watch Raw.

It's also ground him down. Watching a show you don't like, then wallowing in describing everything you found horrible about it during analysis, week in, week out for years, with the same stuff mindset behind it that means it won't get better.

Bryan and Vinny are fun, but I don't listen to their Raw reviews any more.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

oatgan posted:

I don't care if they love or hate the show but if they aren't having fun reviewing it i don't want to listen.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Karmine posted:

I would rather hear Vinny freak out about how bad the show was than just say "this was bad" and leave it at that, but then again sometimes that's all you can really say in conclusion Vinny is a land of contrasts and I like him.

This is pretty much how I feel. The joy for me is how creatively they can say how bad or good something was.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Wazzu posted:

Bryan and Vinny are fun, but I don't listen to their Raw reviews any more.

Yeah see, this is a reasonable thing to do. I wish more people would understand this concept in general. My main thing about it is why is everyone making GBS threads on Vinny. He's obviously accepted whatever Bryan's willing to pay him to be mad about Raw. It's like 1 show out of 3 that he actually has to be miserable and even to that extent I think he still enjoys it more than alot of people how are willing to realize. Hell I tune in for granny's wrestling report(altho admittedly the neck hold gimmick is starting to run it's course) on that show more than I do for Raw cuz I've usually already gotten a recap of the dumb poo poo Raw did from Bryan and Dave.

Whatever, Vinny's cool and I'm glad somebody turned mindlessly droning about how bad raw is into a paying gig. All I have is crappy posts.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is there really a big problem with whatever anyone thinks about Vinny. Like, what is it

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Is there really a big problem with whatever anyone thinks about Vinny. Like, what is it

This is the part where I ask if you seriously want Vinny to leave over the one show you don't really have to listen to and then you make some weird vague comment that could be interpreted a number of different ways cuz these forums are so polluted with weird reactionary posts that I can't tell when anybody is joking anymore.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This is the part where it's strange that you think other people are too reactionary

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Cavauro posted:

This is the part where it's strange that you think other people are too reactionary

your team sucks, hows that for reactionary

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pretty good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I want the WWE RAW reviews to be funny, not "Vinny has clinical depression because of bad skits"

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

When was it that Raw was so bad that Vinny had an existential crisis and had to go for a long walk and contemplate existence?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/776057515809308672?s=09

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's a work. big dave/big sexy at BOLA 2017

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Finally someone said what we're all thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Go RV! posted:

When was it that Raw was so bad that Vinny had an existential crisis and had to go for a long walk and contemplate existence?

Was it back when Big Show and Roman had a program?

• Locked thread