Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

it's cool they actually mention guccifer who is doing jailtime for the dnc hack, but lol they call him russian and he's romanian but they can't change the story now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

reallivedinosaur posted:

no way, that would be deceptive

i think she is actually a cybersecurity expert

We need John McAfee to give his insight on this. After all, he cracked iPhone security or something.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I'm glad that anonymous and amorphous nonperson Guccifer2.0 leaked these deets to keep my friend Julian Assange from getting blasted by harpies screeching "CREDIT CARD NUMBERS!"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

My work forbade me from reading news articles about Snowden. Much less downloading the files. From my home PC.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Its funny when you start randomly googling names on that donor list.

Mark Gilbert is a former MLB player from the 80s who became the ambassador to New Zealand. Obama nominated him in 2013 and he was confirmed in 2014. After his Baseball career he worked his way into a sales position at a wall street firm, eventually working as a senior vice president at Goldman Sachs and worked with the Lehman brothers. He raised over $1mil for Obama and apparently almost $1.5mil for Hillary, that apparently is how you become an ambassador of a country, just donate millions to a political party.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Darth123123 posted:

My work forbade me from reading news articles about Snowden. Much less downloading the files. From my home PC.

If my work told me this I would read all about snowden on my home PC.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i also let my workplace govern how i act at home,

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

If you are military, DOD, or a contracter I can see why they'd have to "ban" you from seeing secret poo poo. Although its pretty unenforceable.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Cigstomper58 posted:

If you are military, DOD, or a contracter I can see why they'd have to "ban" you from seeing secret poo poo. Although its pretty unenforceable.

I believe infowars is banned by military base ISPs lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cigstomper58 posted:

With a TS even?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Boomstick Quaid posted:

As it should be.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Boomstick Quaid posted:

That's because the illuminati don't want there sheeple military becoming aware of what's really going on. Makes p good sense tbh.

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

thekeeshman posted:

Political donors only want the nice cushy ambassador positions in friendly first-world countries, like western Europe, Canada, or Singapore. They get diplomatic immunity and a sweet house and a staff, and their deputy, who is an actual state department careerist, does all the work. The ambassadors in shitholes like Benghazi are actual diplomats.

I would imagine too that when you're handing out cushy positions to people for just out and out giving you money you set them up in safe countries that they can't cause any major issues. If your ambassador gets drunk, tells off the locals, then passes out in the street New Zealand is just going to tell you to get this drunken rear end in a top hat out of their country, while doing it places like Libya, Russia, or Venezuela could set back relations for a generation.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

tetsul posted:

I would imagine too that when you're handing out cushy positions to people for just out and out giving you money you set them up in safe countries that they can't cause any major issues. If your ambassador gets drunk, tells off the locals, then passes out in the street New Zealand is just going to tell you to get this drunken rear end in a top hat out of their country, while doing it places like Libya, Russia, or Venezuela could set back relations for a generation.

those positions aren't always just for show

being ambassador to corrupt nations rich with petrodollars is pretty good for business

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think I'm going to use these credit card numbers to buy the barrel of horse lube and ship it to the respective embassy

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I'd love to be ambassador in some tiny pacific island state. Do gently caress all, get drunk all day, maybe have a harem or two. The life.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

mike12345 posted:

I'd love to be ambassador in some tiny pacific island state. Do gently caress all, get drunk all day, maybe have a harem or two. The life.

You're forgetting the ridiculous banquets with foreign dignitaries

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Stop paying attention to the "pay for play" and "insider trading" accusations from the Russians guys please pay attention to this cartoon frog instead.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

With a TS even?

You have to have a need to know anyway. Clearance alone will get you nothing.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

tetsul posted:

If your ambassador gets drunk, tells off the locals, then passes out in the street New Zealand is just going to tell you to get this drunken rear end in a top hat out of their country,

Not even that. In the Hague ambassadors park wherever they want, run red lights and their aides pick fights with news crews and nothing happens. And this is poo poo tier African countries. I imagine the US ambassador can pretty much do whatever the gently caress he wants.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
even though I don't want trump to win I'm beginning to want hill to lose more

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I don't think I'm going to use these credit card numbers to buy the barrel of horse lube and ship it to the respective embassy

Send it to an embassy that they have strained relations with. Make the world a better place.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

argondamn posted:

You have to have a need to know anyway. Clearance alone will get you nothing.

Yeah I know, I just find it amusing they actually said the home devices or any news coverage. It's like, man I can't avoid this poo poo if I tried.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Apparently you can learn for yourself how sweet being a U.S. Ambassador is when the hit Danish show Jeg Er Ambassadøren fra Amerika ("I am the Ambassador From America") comes to Netflix this fall.

The Atlantic posted:

A Danish biography of Gifford was a best seller. At a music festival in June, the chart-topping Danish pop band Lukas Graham dedicated its song “Nice Guy” to him.

“Rufus Gifford is a rock star,” Nicolai Wammen, a Danish MP and a friend of Gifford’s, told me. As an appointee of President Obama’s, Gifford is likely nearing the end of his diplomatic stint, though Danes frequently ask him to stay. His biographer, Stéphanie Surrugue, remembers walking alongside Gifford at a political gathering and noticing that he was getting as much attention as the nearby prime minister. “People were shouting ‘Rufus!’ as they were shouting ‘Lars’ after the prime minister.” It was, she says, “a little bit crazy.”

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

The Protagonist posted:

worst case scenario of a trump win is nothing happens - no new wars or goofy laws - for 4 years

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Protagonist posted:

Hes by far the most honorable and honest candidate of the two. I'm not being ironic.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

reallivedinosaur posted:

worst case scenario of a trump win is nothing happens - no new wars or goofy laws - for 4 years

Executive order the poo poo out me.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Roylicious posted:

Stop paying attention to the "pay for play" and "insider trading" accusations from the Russians guys please pay attention to this cartoon frog instead.

cartoon frog you say! :derp:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Has anyone called Tim Kaine to tell him that he's a pushover pissbitch yet?

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Cigstomper58 posted:

Hes by far the most honorable and honest candidate of the two. I'm not being ironic.

he's a fat piece of poo poo who deepthroats putin

he's not honorable in the least

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
I'm voting Donald Trump.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

That Robot posted:

lmbo this guy typed those words into his computer expecting to persuade or convince others

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

That Robot posted:

He's also a white supremacist!!! I know this because i heard it somewhere.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Dubplate Fire posted:

He's also a white supremacist!!! I know this because i heard it somewhere.

I've heard misogynist too

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

reallivedinosaur posted:

lmbo this guy typed those words into his computer expecting to persuade or convince others

I'm on my phone

Didn't think I would anyhow

Too much effort to do meaningful posts while eating lunch in a food court

he does have a weird fixation on his daughter tho

i think he wants to bone her

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My sister asked me a few weeks ago: "How can you support such a hateful, racist candidate?"

It completely changed my views, I'm voting Honest Hillary now.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

That Robot posted:

oh word? You know people aren't buying the whole fascist, racist, Russian traitor schtick anymore right? His poll numbers inch up slowly but inevitably the shriller you get. You need a new angle.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

That Robot posted:

I'm on my phone

Didn't think I would anyhow

Too much effort to do meaningful posts while eating lunch in a food court

he does have a weird fixation on his daughter tho

i think he wants to bone her

she's a drat sight better looking than chelsea thats for sure

i mean that is some shadow over innsmouth poo poo right there

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Hillary Clinton chopped down w cherry tree, and was so plagued with guilt that she admitted it, and was heard to utter the words "I cannot tell a lie"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
holy gently caress i think chelsea is a pepe!

how is it i just saw this

• Locked thread