Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piso Mojado

Ahundredbux posted:

whats a good hobby to have aside from praising the great shai'hulud??

pick a hobby that allows you to make things for other people. like Web dev, woodworking, or beekeeping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Palisader posted:

I've been told that byob is cool and good, hello

Hi Palisader. Welcome!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alnilam

Palisader posted:

they recently had a Hermit Crab Rumble and there's only one left

:stare: brutal...

I've always wanted to learn to knit/crochet/weave

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?

The Bananana posted:

Automotive repair?

I think it'd be cool to know, and could save you money, or even make you money!

it does until you decide you need that rare pile of garbage and also this other rare pile of garbage and oh hey all these tools and suddenly you have a workshop and 7 cars in your backyard

real talk hmu with any questions about auto repair as a hobby im in deeeeeeep

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

alnilam posted:

:stare: brutal...

My daughter saw the aftermath and said "look, his head got blown off!" I had to explain that she couldn't find one of them because it was actually scattered around the terrarium.

alnilam posted:

I've always wanted to learn to knit/crochet/weave

You should do it! it's super relaxing, crocheting helped me to stop smoking

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Adiabatic posted:

it does until you decide you need that rare pile of garbage and also this other rare pile of garbage and oh hey all these tools and suddenly you have a workshop and 7 cars in your backyard

real talk hmu with any questions about auto repair as a hobby im in deeeeeeep

I want to learn how to work on my Harley, but my inventory of tools includes: a Hammer, tiny screwdrivers, a tape measure, and a box of Chocolate Pocky.

Sigs and AV courtesy of kickin' rad posters: super mario batali, Ahundredbux, and Saint Isias Boner

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Palisader posted:

I have a cat who is very dumb but very sweet. My daughter had 4 hermit crabs (!!) for a couple of years but they recently had a Hermit Crab Rumble and there's only one left. I like to spin yarn and crochet and I'm teaching myself to knit, but it's all slow going because I have a newborn. All hobbies will be placed on hold when persona 5 comes out tho

pics of the cat pls

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Palisader

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

thanks!

cool cat

----------------

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

The Bananana posted:

I want to learn how to work on my Harley, but my inventory of tools includes: a Hammer, tiny screwdrivers, a tape measure, and a box of Chocolate Pocky.

hope you like shopping for tools

Adiabatic

The Bananana posted:

lol i just made this huge post and my computer ate it, but heres the bullet points:

according to this dank list, your harley probably uses SAE sockets and metric torx/allen bits. heres what you need to be able to literally do 90% of whatever the hell youd need to do on a harley:

standard SAE socket set in 3/8 drive with ratchet. even comes with the correct size spark plug socket
torx socket set for your new 3/8 ratchet cause lol gently caress allen/torx keys. these will be used on your brakes mostly
allen socket set for your new 3/8 ratchet cause motorcycles loooooooove allen bits

again, 90% of the tools you need for your bwahbwahbwahbrapp for less than 50 bux. pick up some random rear end pliers and maybe a floorjack and rock on dude

Adiabatic

oh also if its a sportster theres guaranteed a writeup on how to do every little bit of maintenance, somewhere online. when in doubt ask Cycle Asylum and z3n will tell you 80 billion different ways to do it and why all but one are stupid

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cool beans!

Sigs and AV courtesy of kickin' rad posters: super mario batali, Ahundredbux, and Saint Isias Boner

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Luvcow posted:

they weren't that big or well liked, just kind of little niche things i guess, and the second one i posted in the most obscure subforum in games i could find because GBS was getting a little sketchy

willsauce heres all the mouse paintings from the BYOB m'art'ch thread:

Do you want to illustrate a children's book?

----------------

Manifisto

misty mountaintop posted:

I would give that book to my niece, without question

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

yeah, been trying to help a friend who wants to do an incredibly specific one about environmentalism and working out a way to get one done using the mouse theme but theres several I've always had floating around in my head that hopefully one day i actually create

Manifisto posted:

I would give that book to my niece, without question

god forbid i ever actually succeed at making and publishing one i'd give them away to anyone here who wanted one, this is one of the few places I've ever posted or shown the art

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 14, 2016

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

welcome and good cat

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Luvcow posted:

yeah, been trying to help a friend who wants to do an incredibly specific one about environmentalism and working out a way to get one done using the mouse theme but theres several I've always had floating around in my head that hopefully one day i actually create

god forbid i ever actually succeed at making and publishing one i'd give them away to anyone here who wanted one, this is one of the few places I've ever posted or shown the art

What the holdup, bub. How hard can it be to write the words of a children's book? How many words do there need to be?

----------------

The Bananana

I for one would like to see a children's book on the market for once with graphic violence and strong language. :colbert:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 14, 2016

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
just make the mice live inside a human skull because all humans died from pollution

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
also thanks for all the hobby advice I decided to take up none of them and instead chill

Adiabatic

chillin is the ultimate hobby

also the cheapest

Palisader

Thank u all for the welcome, I will give the cat extra belly rubs tonight

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

What the holdup, bub. How hard can it be to write the words of a children's book? How many words do there need to be?

life just keeps getting in the way :smith: but ya hopefully i eventually get around to doing it before i wake up dead

The Bananana posted:

I for one would like to see a children's book on the market for once with graphic violence and strong language. :colbert:

thats one of my issues is that alot of the work I've done the mice are smoking and drinking and...

Ahundredbux posted:

just make the mice live inside a human skull because all humans died from pollution

this was another CYOA thread i did in an obscure subforum to kind of roll around the idea of mice in a post apocalyptic world without humans:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746057

so like most people i have a lot of ideas but too much else going on to really narrow one down and do it

The Bananana

Actually, I think I'm now remembering a line of children's books called Go The gently caress to Sleep, and another one called You Have to loving Eat.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

The Bananana posted:

Actually, I think I'm now remembering a line of children's books called Go The gently caress to Sleep, and another one called You Have to loving Eat.

these are timeless classics

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i'm picturing the exasperated parents standing by the kids bedroom door yelling and pleading with their kid as they read from the book and wildly gesticulate, "GO THE gently caress TO SLEEP" *turns page* "PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. GO. THE. gently caress. TO. SLEEP!"

nvm no cake

Palisader posted:

I've been told that byob is cool and good, hello

BYOB is both the coolest and the goodest. welcome friend.

Humpback Or Front
byob feels cool

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
yay Palisader! :wave:

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

the unabonger
One thing that defines the BYOB experience: quality content

Piso Mojado

lol

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

i flunked out posted:

One thing that defines the BYOB experience: quality content

Evidence: byob has its own goldmine

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
byob has an undefinable quality that evokes mirth, merriment, shitposting

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

I'd take one, I like your mice artwork a lot

the unabonger
on the real tho I think its cool that we do get recognition for the times byob produces good content, and I really like that while there's definitely familiar faces, i feel that theres plenty of good newer people here too!

the unabonger

Luvcow posted:

id suggest making a byob childrens book but apparently we cant even get our poo poo together enough to do a book club so :shrug:

alnilam

i flunked out posted:

on the real tho I think its cool that we do get recognition for the times byob produces good content, and I really like that while there's definitely familiar faces, i feel that theres plenty of good newer people here too!

I get real happy every time new posters show up and stick around

Piso Mojado

i flunked out posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

alnilam posted:

I get real happy every time new posters show up and stick around