Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
maybe they shouldnt have shitcanned forstall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

neat tech bubble

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Loving iOS 10 so far, but am really not happy with the redesigned Music app. That nice lady who gave the demo at WWDC is going to get fired. This is a piece of a poo poo, a POS if you will.

Gripes:
They removed star ratings from within the Music app.
The For You section is completely wonky looking and ugly
The Radio section has GIANT TILES with poo poo radio stations dominating the screen.

Tim, fire that lady and get Forstall back to fix this poo poo now.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

poty posted:

just sold my apple stock so if it goes anything like my last few transactions it will be the most amazing phone of all time and will sell 100m units in preorders the night of the keynote

apple stock is up 4.5% today, around 5 bucks above where I sold

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

fortunately nobody uses Apple Music

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the only "subscribers" Apple Music has are those who signed up for the free trial and don't realize they're paying for it because they never read their app store receipt emails

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

trilljester posted:

Loving iOS 10 so far, but am really not happy with the redesigned Music app. That nice lady who gave the demo at WWDC is going to get fired. This is a piece of a poo poo, a POS if you will.

Gripes:
They removed star ratings from within the Music app.
The For You section is completely wonky looking and ugly
The Radio section has GIANT TILES with poo poo radio stations dominating the screen.

Tim, fire that lady and get Forstall back to fix this poo poo now.

the Apple Music interface has always been poo poo and it's good to know they've made it even worse. how can Apple repeatedly keep messing this up. just buy out Spotify already or something jeeze

poty
Jun 21, 2008

im gonna need a video so i can hear if it sounds like an underwater fart

poty
Jun 21, 2008

joanna is the best journo

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

the music app is better

i like it better too, all the touch targets are bigger and i'm tapping less to get what i want

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Perplx posted:

i like it better too, all the touch targets are bigger and i'm tapping less to get what i want

If you want to Love a song now (so Apple music can give you more personal recommendations), it requires an extra tap, no more heart icon next to the song. Thanks, CEO of iTunes.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
this ios 10 is pretty rad

too bad Androidhavers won't be able to see me splooge confetti on their screen

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zen death robot posted:

the music app is better

yeah

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

trilljester posted:

If you want to Love a song now (so Apple music can give you more personal recommendations), it requires an extra tap, no more heart icon next to the song. Thanks, CEO of iTunes.

this is bad tho

you could it on the lock screen on ios9 but not anymore which sucks

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

creationist believer posted:

why didnt apple come up with some kind of visual design so you know what the ui elements are and how to interact with them? like, just text is a label, text with a border is a button, and text with a double border is a 3d touch button or smthing? like the button is ((send)) and you know if you 3d touch it you get more options on how to send it. instead of everything just text with no boarder or an arrow pointing in some direction

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
hows ios 10 does it have the thing wheere you can make your texts as obnoxious as humanly possible

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
yeah the music app is better in many ways, much easier to add the rest of an album after you add a single song now, in iOS 9 for some reason you had to click on each song in the album and add them individually.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

bump_fn posted:

hows ios 10 does it have the thing wheere you can make your texts as obnoxious as humanly possible

yes, very much so

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

C.H.O.M.E posted:

yes, very much so

brb installing

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
you'll never have to type words anymore just use:

emoji's
stickers
image macros
videos
audio clips
animations
heatbeats
full screen effects
handwritten messages

in ios 11 they are going to remove the keyboard

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

iRoglyphics

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

my iPhone wants to upgrade to 9.3.5

You should do that before they stop signing it, then.

Also, why didn't you upgrade to iOS 9.3.5 already? It fixes a major security hole that was recently discovered.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
the iphone 7s is just a rod. no more screen, you control it via siri through your apple earpods. often mistaken for a vape pen

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

flakeloaf posted:

iRoglyphics

give this man a promotion!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

bump_fn posted:

yospos needs the lasers background

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Wild EEPROM posted:

messages is great

ftfy

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

atomicthumbs posted:

the iphone 7s is just a rod. no more screen, you control it via siri through your apple earpods. often mistaken for a vape pen
the iPhone Shuffle

"the first smart phone without a screen"

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

why didnt apple come up with some kind of visual design so you know what the ui elements are and how to interact with them? like, just text is a label, text with a border is a button, and text with a double border is a 3d touch button or smthing? like the button is ((send)) and you know if you 3d touch it you get more options on how to send it. instead of everything just text with no boarder or an arrow pointing in some direction

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

because they're cargo-culting windows 8's clean, Modern user interface, without understanding what makes it good.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mediaglyphs

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

😋🤗🍆👌🎉💯

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GameCube posted:

because they're cargo-culting windows 8's clean, Modern user interface, without understanding what makes it good.

nothing?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

GameCube posted:

Get out

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

GameCube posted:

this

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
there is nothing good about windows 8's interface. it's as equally full of non-discoverable crap, and is really ugly to boot.

and windows 10 made it even uglier.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

IP67 doesn't imply chlorine resistance dummy

fresh water only

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Sagebrush posted:

IP67 doesn't imply chlorine resistance dummy

fresh water only

what does it say about poo poo and piss because that's the biggest problem

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I bet they exposed the phone to a vat of yos-posts to test it

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

what does it say about poo poo and piss because that's the biggest problem

that's part of the os

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol i got a look at an iphone with ios 10 today

on the plus side they got rid of comic sans as the default font

everything else makes the phone look like playskool MyFirstPhone

it automatically sets your Favorites to Cow, Chicken and Dog so you can hear what they say

• Locked thread