Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

sorry, it's true. Microsoft beat them to the punch when they saw the tide turn against skeumorphism with their clean, Modern design, and Apple is still playing catch-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

lol if you're not sending weed stickers to everyone you know rightnow

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

GameCube posted:

because they're cargo-culting windows 8's clean, Modern user interface, without understanding that it's not good.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
over/under 90% of digital touch messaging being dongs?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Doc Block posted:

there is nothing good about windows 8's interface. it's as equally full of non-discoverable crap, and is really ugly to boot.

and windows 10 made it even uglier.

I thought that Windows 8/10's metro interface was slightly excusable because it probably worked pretty well on tablets.

Then I got a thinkpad tablet and the interface for touch is even worse

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
I love keeping up with this thread. The schadenfreude of watching people get angry E: the righteous indignation over non-halal uses of sacred Apple®™(c) technology is amazing. Bonus points for posts which rely solely on strawmen and ad hominem (that is, all of them).

Lacedaemonius fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 15, 2016

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
metro ui is definitely better than ios 7+

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Block posted:

You should do that before they stop signing it, then.

Also, why didn't you upgrade to iOS 9.3.5 already? It fixes a major security hole that was recently discovered.

once I clicked "install overnight" or whatever it was and it didn't so gently caress it now I just click later and have to do that every single day. sick of this poo poo

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
the sticker placement seems way too restrictive like the only place I can put it on text messages is right over portions of the text it's annoying

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

My Linux Rig posted:

the sticker placement seems way too restrictive like the only place I can put it on text messages is right over portions of the text it's annoying

yeah that parts sort of a drag

you can send stickers by themselves though

someone should make a sticker canvas sticker which is just a giant blank space

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
messages is so dumb now

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

actually? looks like its pretty rad

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

AWWNAW posted:

yeah the laser beam thing looks fuckin' wicked cool

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

AWWNAW posted:

yeah it's hilarious and great. that's because it is super mega turbo dumb. I love it. (sent with slam effect)

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

apple's message app is rock solid and works great so they get to add silly fun features to it. meanwhile goog is busy re-re-reinventing the wheel with yet another message app x2

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

atomicthumbs posted:

I thought that Windows 8/10's metro interface was slightly excusable because it probably worked pretty well on tablets.

Then I got a thinkpad tablet and the interface for touch is even worse

a common mistake - the good one is Windows 8.1.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

My Linux Rig posted:

C.H.O.M.E posted:

messages is so dumb now

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ios 10 is a lot faster opening/closing apps tho

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

mishaq posted:

ios 10 is a lot faster opening/closing apps tho

i was all ready to upgrade my 6 but it looks like apple hosed up their planned obsolescence

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

yippee cahier posted:

i was all ready to upgrade my 6 but it looks like apple hosed up their planned obsolescence

yeah I put ios 10 on an air 2 and it felt faster than iOS 9

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
yeah so far so good and agreed my 6 non-S non-plus feels faster than before, poo poo works smoother, animations better

its like timb told everyone to just "close out all the poo poo you been meaning to for a year" and added a couple silly addons and did some UI overhauls

seems like a good update so far?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

zen death robot posted:

so how do you make stickers

imoji stickers app will let you make your own

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol messages.app background activity has consumed almost 40% of my battery in less than two hours

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

it did that to me too. then it stopped. probably reindexing something. maybe recalibrating it's courage meter.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ios 10 is poo poo garbage for gently caress idiots and you should be ashamed of yourself if you install it

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

another advantage of the move towards bluetooth: lovely sound latency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRseTquanaw

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Stymie posted:

ios 10 is poo poo garbage for gently caress idiots and you should be ashamed of yourself if you install it

i can send people animations of me drawing dicks 10/10 would install again

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

bump_fn posted:

i can send people animations of me drawing dicks 10/10 would install again

yes this

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i like the breathe app on the watch and the bedtime alarm on the phones clock app would install again

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
they have to watch each of those get drawn line by line.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

mishaq posted:

lol messages.app background activity has consumed almost 40% of my battery in less than two hours

Stickers are hungry

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

rated -108

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

iPhone 7 has better geekbench single core than my 2012 rmbp :rip:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

A few months ago I bought one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ACSND1C/ and although the sound quality is garbage as one would expect, it's still pretty nice to be able to just shove it into your ear canal and then sort of forget about it, and go on doing whatever (e.g. yard work, running) without worrying about cords tangling or whatever

I do look forward to the near future when we have high quality, reasonable priced wireless stereo earbuds that almost disappear inside your ears without big retarded tubes sticking out

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
really like this improvement to podcasts.app where it randomly crashes a lot more

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
it takes courage to innovate on two years of a lovely podcasts app though

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

GameCube posted:

sorry, it's true. Microsoft beat them to the punch when they saw the tide turn against skeumorphism with their clean, Modern design, and Apple is still playing catch-up.

this * 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/bromanconsul/status/776341380029263872

• Locked thread