Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

sassassin posted:

This is what Mass Effect fans (and developers) have actually only ever cared about, and why these games are garbage.
ftfy (which stands for "gently caress this gently caress you" rather than "fixed this for you", incidentally)

(I actually like the ME games very much and expect that I'll enjoy Andromeda okay I'm just joking.)

EDIT: what a page-opener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The thesis that the fans recently took over the game's narrative in light of the fact that ME2 contained two fuckable aliens on account of deviantart pleading is really quite funny.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Just you wait until someone makes a "sibling love needs an improved approach" topic there, with femRyder cosplaying as a Quarian

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
There is no way the sibling isn't going to become a "dark" version of the PC sibling and get corrupt somehow, Blizzard style.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1278036

NeoGaf posted:

Dragon Age: Inquisition stands as the only RPG made in the Frostbite engine. While BioWare's Mass Effect team is taking cues from the openness of environments, they're also looking at Inquisition's quests -- both what worked and what didn't.

"We learned that there were some quests in Dragon Age that didn’t resonate and were kind of flat – fetch quests and stuff,” says Flynn. “The nice thing is, you take those lessons, you package them all up, and you talk to the Mass Effect team and say, ‘These are the things you should do, these are the things you shouldn’t do.’ And the Mass Effect team get the pencils out and they build all that into it.”

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Andromeda probably has one big advantage over Inquisition and that's that you will actually get to shoot gun. Always more engaging than clicking/hitting number keys to role dise.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sombrerotron posted:

ftfy (which stands for "gently caress this gently caress you" rather than "fixed this for you", incidentally)

(I actually like the ME games very much and expect that I'll enjoy Andromeda okay I'm just joking.)

EDIT: what a page-opener.

I'm glad that you have a game series designed for you and your strange fetishes.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Sombrerotron posted:

Andromeda probably has one big advantage over Inquisition and that's that you will actually get to shoot gun. Always more engaging than clicking/hitting number keys to role dise.

Don't forget the Awesome Button.

Though I had plenty of fun playing a mage in inquisition on the "AOE doesn't hurt your AI Controlled party members who the gently caress thought this was a good idea" difficulty.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Kurieg posted:

Don't forget the Awesome Button.

Though I had plenty of fun playing a mage in inquisition on the "AOE doesn't hurt your AI Controlled party members who the gently caress thought this was a good idea" difficulty.
Friendly fire worked all right in the Infinity Engine games, but then those had a fixed perspective, a truly free-roaming camera, a really robust auto-pause system, and ordinarily passive party members. And a fog-of-war system that was very easy to exploit.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Pattonesque posted:

Dragon Age: Inquisition stands as the only RPG made in the Frostbite engine. While BioWare's Mass Effect team is taking cues from the openness of environments, they're also looking at Inquisition's quests -- both what worked and what didn't.

But are they going to fix the thing where you have to hold down the right mouse button the entire time you're playing so you can steer your character?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Bioware is having a contest for fans to do a little voice acting in the new Mass Effect.
http://blog.bioware.com/2016/08/30/explorers-wanted-contest/

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but the grand prize is a trip to Edmonton.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I just want my MRyder to gently caress some hunky aliens, or even hunky humans. Please, Bioware!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'm gonna play a female Ryder and name her "mustache." :smuggo:

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Im going to gently caress and/or shoot all the aliens. Its gonna be great!

hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!
I'm replaying ME3.
Good god, I didn't remember how hard this game tried so desperately to appeal to the "Call-Of-Duty Dude-Bro' " demographic, it's outright pathetic.
Drinking beers and watching The Game with my soldiers in spirit right now, YES SIR.

Still a better game than ME2 though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hwordhan posted:

Does the writing count as being part of the game? If so, then no. Not even remotely.

ME3 is fun to play, but doesn't stand up to any critical thought at all.

hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!

Waltzing Along posted:

Does the writing count as being part of the game?
YES.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Charlie Mopps posted:

Im going to gently caress and/or shoot all the aliens. Its gonna be great!

gently caress/punch/kill

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Spacebump posted:

Bioware is having a contest for fans to do a little voice acting in the new Mass Effect.
http://blog.bioware.com/2016/08/30/explorers-wanted-contest/

Why did we even bring all these mercs along on our colony ship?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Maybe it's like that Ark from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the one with the DMV workers and hairdressers.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Humans are like roaches, introduce them to an area and they start multiplying immediately until the place is overrun.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Torrannor posted:

I just want my MRyder to gently caress some hunky aliens, or even hunky humans. Please, Bioware!

Me too! The bigger and more monster-like the aliens, the better :3:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The twist will be that your ship actually lagged behind the other arks and arrived millenia after humans and all the other mass effect races have already colonized andromeda so nothing has changed at all and human enemies in stupid helmets will be your primary shooting targets.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Arcsquad12 posted:

The twist will be that your ship actually lagged behind the other arks and arrived millenia after humans and all the other mass effect races have already colonized andromeda so nothing has changed at all and human enemies in stupid helmets will be your primary shooting targets.

That's forums user exquisite tea's original idea, do not steal:

exquisite tea posted:

Ryder's ark ship is going to have some kind of malfunction that causes the entire crew to remain in cryostasis for 100 years after their planned arrival time so when you get to Andromeda, the galaxy is already populated with all the meme races you've come to know and love so it's like you never left! Oh and look the settlers before you found The Fortress, an ancient galactic hub of unknown origin, and unlocked some of the Big Volleys for instant travel around the galaxy. They were believed to have been built by the Firsteans, a technologically advanced civilization that suddenly disappeared many years ago, but after uncovering some ruins at a Firstean digsite, Ryder and the crew are led to believe their technology may be of more sinister origin...

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

hwordhan posted:

I'm replaying ME3.
Good god, I didn't remember how hard this game tried so desperately to appeal to the "Call-Of-Duty Dude-Bro' " demographic, it's outright pathetic.
Drinking beers and watching The Game with my soldiers in spirit right now, YES SIR.

Don't you be talking poo poo bout Vega, even if he is a filthy Mako fan.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zoran posted:

That's forums user exquisite tea's original idea, do not steal:

I can't be arsed to read an entire page ago.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Script Three

Ryder: What do you mean we arrived decades after the rest of the fleet? Who else is out there?

Alliance Guy: We had three arks set out ahead of us. The first was run by Eclipse, with the Blue Suns right on their tail. Then there's the Blood Pack... nasty sonsabitches...

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

Script Three

Ryder: What do you mean we arrived decades after the rest of the fleet? Who else is out there?

Alliance Guy: We had three arks set out ahead of us. The first was run by Eclipse, with the Blue Suns right on their tail. Then there's the Blood Pack... nasty sonsabitches...

And just before their headquarters was attacked in ME3 Cerberus managed to secretly build a totally even better and cooler version of the Ark and send it along as well.

alienhunter3
Aug 23, 2007
and don't call me shirley.

Kibayasu posted:

And just before their headquarters was attacked in ME3 Cerberus managed to secretly build a totally even better and cooler version of the Ark and send it along as well.

The sad thing is that I fully expect Cerberus infiltration of the Ark project to be a plot point. :/

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It will be fine if killing the last Cerberus guy is symbolic of the colonists finally letting go of the Milky Way and accepting their roles as pioneers of a new civilisation.

This of course includes abandoning all the cultures of the old galaxy like wearing non-armor clothes and not screwing robots.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

The MSJ posted:

This of course includes abandoning all the cultures of the old galaxy like wearing non-armor clothes and not screwing robots.

If it means no more Cerberus then I, for one, welcome our new sexbot overlords. Maybe we can program them to look like Lucy Liu :v:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

alienhunter3 posted:

The sad thing is that I fully expect Cerberus infiltration of the Ark project to be a plot point. :/

I could totally accept Cerberus stowing away on the Jupiter 2 for wacky hijinks.

:psylon: Danger, Lieutenant Ryder! All of the dried breakfast foods on board have been contaminated!

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
The OTHER Ryder is a Cerberus operative!!!!!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

chaosapiant posted:

I'm gonna play a female Ryder and name her "mustache." :smuggo:

I won't let you

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
A Doctor Smith/Gaius Baltar type on board could actually be quite fun. I can just picture the complaining whenever you dragged him with you on an away mission.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

denimgorilla posted:

The OTHER Ryder is a Cerberus operative!!!!!!

Didn't something like this happen in Dragon Age 2?

Anyway, there's no reason MRyder can't be a Moustache too.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

The MSJ posted:

Didn't something like this happen in Dragon Age 2?

Anyway, there's no reason MRyder can't be a Moustache too.
I'm going to name him Pohl.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to name him Rough, just so I can see a Ryder that wins more than once a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
Name them both that so there's two with that name.

• Locked thread