Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
suck everyone's dick in the parking lot. That's how you ruin someone's reputation for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Some really drunk dude at one of ours pretended to be whoever was leading goonswarm at the time, there was a story going round afterwards that an actual goon started FCing some sort of drunken group nerd chase down the street using eve language and he ended up in a fountain.

e: this was when you chaps first got given some 0.0 space, I'm buggered if I can remember actual details and names that long ago.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

You have a kind of "The dude" look going on.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Rhymenoserous posted:

You have a kind of "The dude" look going on.

That's good because I was dressed as The Dude. Had about 40 pictures taken of me in Vegas. I went out with Tamir Lenk for Halloween later in the week and we got a ton of photos taken then too. Tamir Lenk is serious about cosplay now!

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

goninzo posted:

That's good because I was dressed as The Dude. Had about 40 pictures taken of me in Vegas. I went out with Tamir Lenk for Halloween later in the week and we got a ton of photos taken then too. Tamir Lenk is serious about cosplay now!

Idk what to think of you when you aren't wearing your EFF hat

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
real talk though I wouldn't tell people who I was straight away actually because I wouldn't want to catch a bunch of poo poo and have nerds judge me based on my online persona which isn't who I am. Plus everyone and their brother would come up to me and tell me to shut the gently caress up because they think it'd be a good idea and I just don't want to have to deal with that all night / weekend / whatever.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Daco Vato posted:

real talk though I wouldn't tell people who I was straight away actually because I wouldn't want to catch a bunch of poo poo and have nerds judge me based on my online persona which isn't who I am. Plus everyone and their brother would come up to me and tell me to shut the gently caress up because they think it'd be a good idea and I just don't want to have to deal with that all night / weekend / whatever.

The majority of eve players have some sort of firewall between their online persona and who they are in real life. It takes real effort to role play a dickbag in person or vice versa. There are exceptions, of course. But you can quickly prove who you are in a short discussion.

I highly recommend you just say who you are in person immediately. Unless you are Warr Akini because he might get straight murdered for killing literally trillions of isk.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I am a nice person irl fwiw

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Syndic Thrass posted:

I am a nice person irl fwiw

Your stache says otherwise. :v:

You're pretty cool in one of the telegram groups. Maybe not Travis Wells cool but who is.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

goninzo posted:

You're pretty cool in one of the telegram groups. Maybe not Travis Wells cool but who is.

I just get everyone high at evemeets so im twells on some level

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

goninzo posted:

Tamir Lenk is serious about cosplay now!

I uh. Don't just hand me ammo.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Syndic Thrass posted:

I just get everyone high at evemeets so im twells on some level

Yeah, I tend to buy people a drink. And maybe they buy me a drink later, even if they usually don't. The old school Euro round system is awesome.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

goninzo posted:

Travis Travis loving Wells Wells probably needs to get his blood drawn for science or something. Also the man must be like a member of the sex olympic team or something because the number of times he's been in fleet talking about how he had a naked woman laying on his bed watching him play eve is frankly starting to get a bit weird. Trying to even talk to my girlfriend about eve generally gets me a look like I grew an extra head.

EDIT: I think he cut a blowjob short one time so he could tackle and solo a carrier in his sabre, earning him the title of fastest sabre in the north.

I think the "I'm pretty important in space video games" trick ACTUALLY works for him.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Rhymenoserous posted:

I think the "I'm pretty important in space video games" trick ACTUALLY works for him.

No way, he has a much easier play: Be attractive, be tall, own a boat.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

goninzo posted:

No way, he has a much easier play: Be attractive, be tall, own a boat.

Pfft goonfleet owns a boat and it's never done anything for us but be really annoying.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Rhymenoserous posted:

Pfft goonfleet owns a boat and it's never done anything for us but be really annoying.

Hey, you get boat liquored up, just spin him, and watch him go. It's great. Till he pukes.

e: I should point out, this was was a good post. Even if I disagree with your assessment of him as I find him entertaining.

goninzo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 14, 2016

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Daco Vato posted:

If I go to an eve meet and you don't immediately identify yourself I will digi you OK.

My EVE career has very few realistic goals. A big eve meet is one of them. Less realistic ones include smoking a joint with very specific goons and having a drink with CCP Quant while discussing BD. Because I'm gay.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Elsa posted:

suck everyone's dick in the parking lot. That's how you ruin someone's reputation for good.

We're having a discussion about actually meeting each other and indulging in the community environment in a positive way and this what you want to talk about.

Just making sure we're both cognizant of this.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

dreamin' posted:

I have to say that until lakz leaked those conversations and shock fist was naive enough to tell me about it I didn't even realize that every informal conversation ever I had with Sion* was logged and then shared between the i don't know how many hundred staff GSF has with access to that poo poo. Or maybe it's just selective conversations that can be used to good poaching use that get shared to some sucker dumb enough to use them and fall on their sword afterwards :twisted:

funnily enough, after that incident access to CD logs was tightened down to "not literally everyone in illum holy gently caress"

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Baculus posted:

We're having a discussion about actually meeting each other and indulging in the community environment in a positive way and this what you want to talk about.

Just making sure we're both cognizant of this.

I'm sorry. I forget that some people need to review how irl is different from EVE and follows a different set of social rules. Please continue

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
kinda like irl people usually arent accepting of elsapussy drawing ephebophilies

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
but in eve terms you're only "pretty loving weird"

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

goninzo posted:

Hey, you get boat liquored up, just spin him, and watch him go. It's great. Till he pukes.

e: I should point out, this was was a good post. Even if I disagree with your assessment of him as I find him entertaining.

Other goons have done worse, trust me. DaiTengu has stained the Wynn in ways that bleach can't take out.

And all the haters in here have me legit tempted to pay for a limo to pick up boat at the airport, just because gently caress y'all, he's an okay guy.

As for the rest of the last few posts, I don't do much of an online persona, because it's way too much effort. Flanders is as Flanders does. When you're not intentionally an rear end, you don't care about hiding. Altho I respect the right of people to be asses

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ullerrm posted:

And all the haters in here have me legit tempted to pay for a limo to pick up boat at the airport, just because gently caress y'all, he's an okay guy.

Sorry but the empirical evidence of listening to boat chain harass a black girl on coms because she dared to be a girl and black on coms for something like two solid hours straight generally refutes "He's just a swell guy who's slightly misunderstood because he has a different sense of humor than the rest of us"

Like maybe he's grown up since then but I can't honestly be bothered to find out.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hint: He hasn't. He's still a spastic shitlord retard.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I'm shocked.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

ullerrm posted:

As for the rest of the last few posts, I don't do much of an online persona, because it's way too much effort. Flanders is as Flanders does. When you're not intentionally an rear end, you don't care about hiding. Altho I respect the right of people to be asses

You're still kind of an rear end in your own special :ullerrm: way if that helps you feel better.

Also I was sort of amazed how easy forging the stfupaco thing was. It's basically just me saying poo poo without using my normal "stop and think" hypervisor. Plus the overly verbose thing is sort of how I can be IRL too I guess? I do a lot of instructional stuff so a lot of that takes :words: so I have a hard time "shutting that off" so to speak. I'd just be normal chill everyday me but the urge to just go over the top as IRL paco would be pretty strong because there's a lot of discomfort that nerds can be subjected to if I act that way in public. Tempting.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I watched his stream when he announced the "invasion" of FCON and he spent several minutes earnestly explaining that Gorski Car was a confirmed Nazi who posts on a white supremacist forum.

So...

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Daco Vato posted:

You're still kind of an rear end in your own special :ullerrm: way if that helps you feel better.

Also I was sort of amazed how easy forging the stfupaco thing was. It's basically just me saying poo poo without using my normal "stop and think" hypervisor. Plus the overly verbose thing is sort of how I can be IRL too I guess? I do a lot of instructional stuff so a lot of that takes :words: so I have a hard time "shutting that off" so to speak. I'd just be normal chill everyday me but the urge to just go over the top as IRL paco would be pretty strong because there's a lot of discomfort that nerds can be subjected to if I act that way in public. Tempting.

Being an awkward nerd in public just makes you an awkward nerd in public. If that's the end goal go for it, but honestly just being a normal dude that enjoys a good beer will probably do a fair bit more for you vis a vis enjoying the night.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
yeah agreed. It'd be way too much work anyway and I think the person left feeling the most awkward at the end of it would be me. This would not be the first instance of me biting off my nose to spite my face you see, so sometimes I must be talked down from such tomfoolery.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rhymenoserous posted:

Sorry but the empirical evidence of listening to boat chain harass a black girl on coms because she dared to be a girl and black on coms for something like two solid hours straight generally refutes "He's just a swell guy who's slightly misunderstood because he has a different sense of humor than the rest of us"

Like maybe he's grown up since then but I can't honestly be bothered to find out.

you're lucky tallardar is probated right now

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

ullerrm posted:

Do it, boat's a chill dude IRL

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

did jabber just die

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

did jabber just die

Sure did.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Glory of Arioch posted:

did jabber just die

I severed the last bit of nonsense so hard it killed jabber. Sorry!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

^^ :sever:

:negative:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
it's back

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Glory of Arioch posted:

did jabber just die

it's working for me and a select crew of ubermenchen

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

it's working for me and a select crew of ubermenchen

i didn't know jabber worked preferentially for terrible posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

you're lucky tallardar is probated right now

Also god... yeah.

• Locked thread