Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Also:

The chief is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Logicblade posted:

Yeah I thought spidersilk net was sticking around. Maybe not quite a critical mass yet, but there are still some cheap artifacts laying around you can use, even if you can't quite wombo combo off. The Black puzzleknot draws a card on etb, the recently spoiled Foundry Inspector makes your artifacts one less to cast...

i like it

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Interesting how we've got multiple distinct themes going on for limited--artifacts, fabricate, energy, and vehicles all seem to have different cards that care about them. It'll be neat to see how it plays.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
Affinity's back on the menu, boys.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Interesting how we've got multiple distinct themes going on for limited--artifacts, fabricate, energy, and vehicles all seem to have different cards that care about them. It'll be neat to see how it plays.

artifacts plays into vehicles and fabricate naturally, and a number of artifacts use energy

i actually think the number of cross-synergies seems really high :p

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Could this see play in affinity?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

suicidesteve posted:

i hate this thread meme

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

mandatory lesbian posted:

artifacts plays into vehicles and fabricate naturally, and a number of artifacts use energy

i actually think the number of cross-synergies seems really high :p

Oh, I'm definitely not saying there's no cross synergies, just that there's also rewards that pull you strongly in a single direction.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I am so excited for the new Aurochs Herd.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

so this means Mishra is confirmed to have gone to Kaladesh right

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

suicidesteve posted:

man, foundry inspector was definitely the card to choose for this.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Evil Badman posted:

This card may get ridiculous. Especially at common.

A couple of these plus panharmonicon is going to get way out of hand really fast.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Pro Tour drama, Ladies Night drama, and Affinity cards? Today is a great day for Magic.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ShaneB posted:

man, foundry inspector was definitely the card to choose for this.

it's gonna be great in affinity, now all your top-end cards only cost 1 mana, well, other then the other foundry inspectors which cost 2

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Self-Assembler's nickname shall forever be Squadron Box.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Retromancer posted:

A couple of these plus panharmonicon is going to get way out of hand really fast.

1(or2) Panharmonicon, (2or)1 Decoction Module, and a Whirler Virtuoso gets you infinite thopters. It is a five, or six card combo with the Reckless Fireweaver, so someone's gonna try it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Chief of the Foundry is awesome, that's awesome.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Hello, fellow people who post in a thread where I also sometimes post!

This weekend I'll be in the Wizards of the Coast in their Extra Life charity stream! Hooray for charity! I'm doing a donation sealed event, where people can donate money to add packs to my sealed pool and have a chance of winning that pool. In addition, I'm also raffling off a few judge foil Mana Drains. You can find out more info on this handy link!

Over the next few days I'll be streaming a few drafts to try and get additional donations. If you'd like, you can check out my stream and call me a fish or filthy casual or lucksack or your pejorative of choice. If you do choose to donate, you can even win my card pool! Hooray! I'm guessing I'll have like 5 viewers max, so you could probably snag a bunch of MTGO cards for like a dollar. Value!

The stream is going up soonish on https://hitbox.tv/rinski if you're so inclined to watch.

UPDATE: Stream's over for today, but I'll do another one tomorrow. And congrats to forums superstar Bremz for winning the draft pool! Enjoy your mythics, fellow lucksack!

rinski fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 15, 2016

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Zoness posted:

well sure BBD's poor logic aside the slot is fine

like MOCS champion slots in previous world champs by large did awfully, but that slot was good for making the MOCS actually worth something.

This year's MOCS champion did poorly as well.

Reflecting on that, it makes this whole conversation between the pros on Twitter really look like sour grapes for the people who didn't top 4/win, because they're choosing to pile on BBD rather than the guy who got a special invite and played poorly.

rabidsquid posted:

the real problem is that these magic pros who are arguing "logic" are really arguing their feelings based on how this affects them personally, or their friends

Yes, this exactly.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

1(or2) Panharmonicon, (2or)1 Decoction Module, and a Whirler Virtuoso gets you infinite thopters. It is a five, or six card combo with the Reckless Fireweaver, so someone's gonna try it.
Infinite thopters will probably win you the game anyway.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I never said it was a smart combo.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

it is not merely enough to win, you have to make your opponent bleed first

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Workshop Assistant is a worse Myr Retriever.

1 extra toughness isn't worth an extra mana.

Why wotc why.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

whydirt posted:

Self-Assembler's nickname shall forever be Squadron Box.

As long as you don't search for Chameleon Colossus or the other printed assembly-worker.

Count Bleck posted:

Workshop Assistant is a worse Myr Retriever.

1 extra toughness isn't worth an extra mana.

Why wotc why.

I don't care, welds exactly the same.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

it is not merely enough to win, you have to make your opponent bleed first

Then you have to make them shake your hand.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Can someone explain this to me?

These decks are the same price as old Intro decks right?

Why do people think the Nissa tutor (that only searches for the bad Intro deck Nissa) is worth anything?

I assume they just can't read.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Cernunnos posted:

Why do people think the Nissa tutor (that only searches for the bad Intro deck Nissa) is worth anything?

I think the assumption is that the bad nissa is playable in Commander?

I have no idea.

Can someone link this ladies' night drama?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Cernunnos posted:

Nature's Artisan does ramp into her ultimate fairly quick, at least, and Verdant Crescendo lets you skip from 4 to 6 while also getting her as your 6 drop.

Its not an exciting best-case scenario, though. Maybe they don't get that it says only intro pack Nissa and not any Nissa.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Sigma-X posted:

I think the assumption is that the bad nissa is playable in Commander?

I have no idea.

Can someone link this ladies' night drama?

https://www.facebook.com/Treasure-Coast-Magic-247579510572/

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

I like how they had been doing this for a few weeks until someone finally posted a comment and they responded badly, then it went viral.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Sigma-X posted:

I like how they had been doing this for a few weeks until someone finally posted a comment and they responded badly, then it went viral.

As an LGS owner, I think the mistake here is in how they responded (obviously). There were many ways to handle this professionally, and they not only chose the wrong way but they doubled down with the follow up joke post about a "sensitivity tournament" where women paid double and "easily offended people" paid quadruple entry. Har har.

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Prerelease prices are based hype the big 3 push before release and not actual playability

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah if they just responded with something like "Not many women attend and we'd like to encourage them to" that would probably have been fine.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
ladies night is a thing bars do bc more men will show up if more ladies do, i'm not sure the same principle holds true for a place where alcohol isn't gonna be consumed

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah if they just responded with something like "Not many women attend and we'd like to encourage them to" that would probably have been fine.

This is exactly what I would have done. Might still get some backlash, but it's a hell of a lot better to present it as an earnest attempt at inclusivity.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

In response they doubled down on their stupid: http://imgur.com/jcqFxvy

Wizards has been made aware and is looking into it as well: https://twitter.com/helenebergeot/status/776122236021317632

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
that's actually hilarious

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Helene Bergeot is the #wotcstaff we need, not the #wotcstaff we deserve.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Helene Bergeot is the #wotcstaff we need, not the #wotcstaff we deserve.

okay yeah sure she's cool but i looked at her twitter and well...

https://twitter.com/HeleneBergeot/status/776126283537190912

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

okay yeah sure she's cool but i looked at her twitter and well...

https://twitter.com/HeleneBergeot/status/776126283537190912

What a monster.

• Locked thread