Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

FordCQC posted:

In response they doubled down on their stupid: http://imgur.com/jcqFxvy

Wizards has been made aware and is looking into it as well: https://twitter.com/helenebergeot/status/776122236021317632

Ok which one of you is lucky lizard? I know it's one of you. Those takes are too hot to not belong to a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What a monster.

Swedish Fish are disgusting :colbert:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

mandatory lesbian posted:

okay yeah sure she's cool but i looked at her twitter and well...

https://twitter.com/HeleneBergeot/status/776126283537190912

And here I was, thinking she was one of the good WotC PR/dual role people

(Swedish fish are fine, but should be kept far away from oreos)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Four Score posted:

i like swedish fish but the last thing i want is to make it creamy and put it in between two pieces of the most middling chocolate wafers available

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Four Score posted:

I am not disputing this.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Logicblade posted:

There are a fair number of Cheerios in Standard right now, as well as this bad boy:

Might be on to something...
We do have Molten Nursery and Herald of Kozilek as ways to help a potential combo. However, I think we'd need a Puresteel Paladin-style effect to make a Cheerios deck work.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I made a swedish fish pizza when I worked at Pizza Hut 15 years ago AMA.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

suicidesteve posted:

How do you live with yourself knowing you brought such an abomination into this world?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

suicidesteve posted:

What's it like having completed mankind's pizza ambitions?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

suicidesteve posted:

Ok which one of you is lucky lizard? I know it's one of you. Those takes are too hot to not belong to a goon.

there's a common typing style i think of as Classic Tool characterized by gratuitous misuse of capitalization, quotation marks, commas, and apostrophes. it is in full display here.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Have Blue posted:

How do you live with yourself knowing you brought such an abomination into this world?

Funny, your mom gets asked that a lot.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

Who's going to win the election? Are free entries for women for MTG sexist?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

magic the gathering is sexist, against men, because it displays how gross and stupid they are

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Have Blue posted:

The weirdest part was that the fish didn't melt. It was just a gooey red pile of sweetness on top of the icing. The streusel topping was the only good part..

Mystic Mongol posted:

What's it like having completed mankind's pizza ambitions?

It's a burden I live with every day of my life.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Who's going to win the election? Are free entries for women for MTG sexist?

Bernie and technically yes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Irony Be My Shield posted:

We do have Molten Nursery and Herald of Kozilek as ways to help a potential combo. However, I think we'd need a Puresteel Paladin-style effect to make a Cheerios deck work.

Where's the cheerios name from?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Playing artifacts with CMC 0. Because they look like cheerios in their mana symbols.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Where's the cheerios name from?

Ever since Trix was a deck magic players think it's clever to force decks to have names of breakfast foods.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

Noah Bradley posted a big version on imgur/reddit:

It took me a bit to notice that all of the vertices are surrounded by six triangles. Impressive faceting on that gem, to put it lightly - I'd be willing to take that claim to a hyperbolic extreme.

EDIT: Wait I'm dumb. There are some five-triangle vertices; it's not a planar tiling wrapped around a sphere, it's just a pentakis icosidodecahedron. I was wondering how he got that to look as good as he did.

Glidergun fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 15, 2016

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

"Era of Innovation"
1U
Enchantment
Whenever an artifact or creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay 1. If you do, get EE. (two energy counters.)

EEEEEE, sacrifice Era of Innovation: Draw three cards.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Seems like a very powerful energy engine to draft around. Really easy to trigger, minimal mana cost, and if you 'overload' on energy it does something really good.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

SoftNum posted:

Ever since Trix was a deck magic players think it's clever to force decks to have names of breakfast foods.

um that predates Trix :spergin:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I want to play a Gremlin-based deck this set since they look so stupid, and with the ones we have I came up with this:

Inventor’s Apprentice x4
Thriving Grubs x4
Salivating Gremlins x4
Territorial Gorger x4

Animation Module x4
Decoction Module x4
Fabrication Module x4

Harnessed Lightning x4
Welding Sparks x2
Incendiary Sabotage x2

Doubt it's the best use of that Module combo though, and kind of hinges on them.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
So, we have 8 artifact cost reducers, we have Prophetic Prism, Terrarion, and those weird energy eggs. And the UR Planeswalker can copy any of the core pieces of the deck. And paradoxical outcome to reload and do it all over again.

Is it time to play eggs in standard?

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 15, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

So, we have 8 artifact cost reducers, we have Prophetic Prism, Terrarion, and those weird energy eggs. And the UR Planeswalker can copy any of the core pieces of the deck. And paradoxical outcome to reload and do it all over again.

Is it time to play eggs in standard?

I want to believe.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

R&D has a thing for enhanced 4-mana counterspells recently. This one is cool, but probably still too expensive for standard.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

I like this but I'm a sucker for modal blue cards. I don't think this makes its way to modern since even cryptic is down to a 1 of at most in the decks that run it, but I'm going to be trying my hardest for a standard blue shell to try 2 of these.

And at the risk of bringing up an old thread meme, I seriously want to throw this into Talrand EDH.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

"Master of Marionettes"
Fabricate 3 (When this creature enters the battlefield, put two +1/+1 counters on it or create two 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature tokens.)

Whenever an artifact you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, target opponent loses life equal to Master of Marionettes power.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
That's got to be a strong finisher in some kind of janky EDH combo

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

newtestleper posted:

That's got to be a strong finisher in some kind of janky EDH combo

Lolno

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Only deck I can think of in the right colors for it are Sedri and that Esper Sphinx. I don't think it fits in either of those decks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'm curios what percentage of this thread plays EDH w/ some regularity? Personally, I've never touched the format.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I played and enjoyed EDH like 4-5 years ago when I had a regular playgroup of people I was friends with even outside of Magic. Then I moved and played with randos at a different game shop and promptly quit.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
It was fun for a hot second but then it became an arms race for my friend group and then it just became a cube

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I play EDH weekly with a group of friends and wouldn't play without them

also I really hope that card's name in English is Master of Puppets and I can make stupid Metallica references

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

I play EDH now because it's the only format I can consistently get games for outside modern FNM and I get to actually play with cards like JtmS and FoW. I had miracles built but there's just no legacy in my area, and I don't play standard right now since the price of keeping up with it is steeper than I like. There was a time where I was just playing modern 2-3 times a week at different shops and pptqs or GPTs on the weekend to get my MTG fill, but I've rolled that back since I just don't have time to keep that up since I've started other hobbies.

I definitely understand the anti-EDH crowd since I was there, but the less 60 card I get to play the more I'm coming around.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
A stack of fourteen copies of Warp World in a six-player game destroyed by desire to play Commander forever.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Star Man posted:

A stack of fourteen copies of Warp World in a six-player game destroyed by desire to play Commander forever.

When's it set to finish resolving?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

When's it set to finish resolving?

When they announce the third Un set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Justin_Brett posted:

I want to play a Gremlin-based deck this set since they look so stupid, and with the ones we have I came up with this:

Doubt it's the best use of that Module combo though, and kind of hinges on them.

I too have had stars put in my eyes by the modules--I want to return to magic and play a standard deck using them. So here's what I've got so far:

If you're going to have 12 copies of do nothing cards that combo not with each other, but with other cards in your deck, the other cards in your deck have to combo with them really well. Plus you need to be able to get value out of them when you only have one or two of them out. So you want as much of your deck as possible to be able to trigger two or three of the modules, which means you want creatures entering the battlefield, you want +1/+1 counters, and you want to gain energy. Also you probably want to be able to SPEND energy, because theoretically you'll be generating a lot of it and it'd rule if it wasn't all junk.

Thriving creatures generate energy, spend energy, get +1/+1 counters, and are creatures, which is all four criteria, so your Thriving Grubs are great. Salivating Gremlins and Territorial Gorger don't use energy, generate energy, or make tokens, but they benefit from the three card combo cooking off, but that's four permanents and like ten mana and then something to get it rolling on turn five. Maybe they're a finisher? But they're not a starter, that's for sure.

The apprentice is a 2/3 for 1, probably, but it doesn't synergize especially well outside of that, and it doesn't interact with the modules in any meaningful way at all.

I'm looking at more than one color. This lets you use more Thriving creatures and the Longtusk Cub to interact with your modules all four ways, and the Glint-Nest Crane to be a cheap flyer to put tokens on and build your modules with. Round out your mana needs with Attune with Aether and Aether Hub, and suddenly your need for multiple colors becomes more ways to trigger the Fabrication Module. And then the deck still ends up putting four tokens on a 16/16 Territorial Gorger, only to get blown to flaming pieces by the Cataclysmic Gearhulk.

• Locked thread