Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Kurt Metzger Talked to Alleged Rape Victim, And 100% Believes Her

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/4zl397/anyone_listen_to_kurt_on_bennington_today_it_got/ lol

Megazver fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

People sure learn to act right when the Jews crack the career whip on them.

I.. uh... what? :psyduck:

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

MariusLecter posted:

I.. uh... what? :psyduck:

I, for one, am SHOCKED at the comments.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Yeah gently caress a guy for being contrite it's clearly The Jews.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Might have said this a few months ago but I highly recommend Doug Stanhope's book. What a life that dude has led.

His fart story. :allears:

quote:

Let me take a moment to defend flatulence. While I can appreciate and enjoy intelligent humor that makes you think, I never want to become so ensconced in artistry that I no longer laugh at farts. There is nothing even remotely close to how much a powerful, wet, gurgling blast of gas and matter can make me laugh. From the beginning, as a child, they made me weep snot, and have continued to make me fall out every time since. I couldn’t name one other comedy source more timeless than farts. Stand-up comedy has the shelf life of mayonnaise in the hot sun. Jokes get old. Movies like Caddyshack still hold up fairly well but could never make me spill off a chair with tears running down my face, gasping for breath, like a well-placed, turbulent anal expulsion. Repeatedly, over and over, even when you see ’em coming. Jeff Brown and I commonly ate at the Sahara dinner buffet where I had—to this day—the best spectacle of bowel-wrenching flatulence of my life. The room was full of mostly elderly people, tables tightly packed, and we were seated dead center. It was silent except for the slight tinkling of silverware on plates. I felt my ower intestine chamber up and I knew it had championship prospects. I knew Jeff Brown would have absolutely no appreciation for what was about to happen, which made it way funnier. My chair was the perfect hard plastic for maximum reverberation. I was choking down the belly laugh as I leaned up and into the table, hands on the corners, thoroughly telegraphing my intentions. What came out of me was Hell’s Trumpet. A deafening tear echoed off every corner of that muted hall. It lasted at least 6–7 seconds, a veritable eternity of hang-time for nonstop wind. The pitch roared up and down the scales in range. The clarity of sound would have made you feel like you were actually dining inside my colon. People were seated literally a foot behind me. When it concluded, all sound in the dining room had completely evaporated. There was no question that every single person of the hundred or so in there had bore witness to my masterpiece. Jeff Brown was paralyzed with inner fury as the mortified silence turned to widespread murmurs of disgust. I simply stared at my plate as tears flooded my eyes, my nose ran, and I began to drool while convulsing and desperately trying to contain any audible laugh. Jeff would have run for the door had it not been situated so far away. He was genuinely enraged, and still comically fumes to this day when I bring that story up. I laughed just as hard now recounting it here as I did that pleasant afternoon. (And again, during rewrites.) Farts are the funniest things in life, and if you disagree, then you have no soul. End of story.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Chromatic posted:

Might have said this a few months ago but I highly recommend Doug Stanhope's book. What a life that dude has led.

His fart story. :allears:

I was barely familiar with Stanhope and bought the book based on his reputation of telling wild stories. Good book! You could read it in a day and it's worth it.

1. Who are the pseudonyms? I'm dying to know who the real people w/ fake names were in this story
2. It's heartwarming to read & learn to love his mother, who was a terrible person
3. The author is a terrible person but you can't hate him because he doesn't (seem to) keep any secrets or have shame
4. Where are the stories about his presumably numerous illegitimate children
5. Who edited this? It's edited for poo poo (clearly chapters / portions raggedly chopped out where people were introduced)
6. Try the audiobook (haven't listened) because a lot of it lacks impact it deserves due to being written by a guy who does the talking out loud thing. I mean, it reads like a transcript of a well-rehearsed interview subject

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

he admitted in a bunch of interviews that his best road stories didn't fit in with the mom theme so they're for another (assumed if the publishers pay him) book

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, I'm planning to grab the audiobook for Stanhope's book. I usually prefer reading things for myself, but I feel like this one is better being heard.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The new Drew Michael stand-up album on Howl.FM is pretty good. He also has a new Comedy Central half hour I've yet to watch. He's kind of like a young Marc Maron.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

He also has a new Comedy Central half hour I've yet to watch. He's kind of like a young Marc Maron.

Should we skip the first 10 minutes?

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

I sincerely hope you guys are listening to Kyle Kinane's new podcast with Dave Stone. It's called The Boogie Monster and it's real good. They're supposed to talk about various paranormal/spooky stuff but they usually get sidetracked talking about food. I eagerly await each new episode. It's my new favorite thing. http://podbay.fm/show/1139926236

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Gramps posted:

I sincerely hope you guys are listening to Kyle Kinane's new podcast with Dave Stone. It's called The Boogie Monster and it's real good. They're supposed to talk about various paranormal/spooky stuff but they usually get sidetracked talking about food. I eagerly await each new episode. It's my new favorite thing. http://podbay.fm/show/1139926236

Seconding this. It's an immediate listen for me, every Tuesday.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I also like the thing

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Not really stand up but Eric Andre's live show was awesome. I think tonight was the last night of the tour but I assume he will tour again and encourage you to go

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

The Berzerker posted:

Not really stand up but Eric Andre's live show was awesome. I think tonight was the last night of the tour but I assume he will tour again and encourage you to go

I forget who his openers all were but they were stand-up. I mean, Major Entertainer Mike H is pretty alt but the other guys were just trying to tell jokes (mostly dealing with the hecklers screaming about 311 and Harambe).

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Byron Bowers was the standup, he was ok, not really my thing. But yeah it sucked that his whole set was peppered with idiots screaming RANCH MY BALLS or whatever

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Seeing TJ Miller tonight. Seeing Nate Bargatze next week. Life's alright.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm hoping to see Bargatze during JFL42 (which is actually up to 50 acts or so) at the end of the month. So far I am confirmed seeing Maria Bamford, Cameron Esposito, Emo Philips, Ron Funches, Tig Notaro, Dana Gould... hoping to also see Joe DeRosa, Kumail Nanjiani... kinda wanna see Sinbad too tbh

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I went to the Eric Andre show the first time adult swim was putting them on. It was an absolute blast if you just accept the insanity. Though I can imagine that the show is actually popular now the crowds have gotten worse. I will always remember an audience member drinking kreyshawn's breast milk though.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I came across Judd Apatow's book Sick in the Head at the bookstore and bought it because of a few of the comedians interviewed. I'm not a fan of Apatow's work or his perspective on life, or his interview style, or even most of his peers/heroes he selected to interview, but it's a great book to read. Short interview snippets with (mostly) comedians about comedy. They say their basic beliefs about comedy and their grand ideas about life. Go ahead, read it.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
There's a new Doug Stanhope special on Seeso.

quote:

Doug's new special is now out on Seeso.com. Click here to sign up now and use offer code "stanhope" to get your first 2 months free!

Doug's new comedy special, "No Place Like Home", available on SEESO.com Sept. 15, 2016

You can also get a 7 day trial on Amazon if you don't feel like signing up for another service. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01LTHBPDS (or if you're like me and can't figure out where to put the offer code on seeso's garbage site)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 19, 2016

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I think DB is funny and I love his podcasts and basically everything about him going back to his I Love the 90s appearances... but his stand-up is so bad to me. I think he'd be a lot better if he tried his new stuff on L.A. audiences instead of (I'm assuming) solely working it piece by piece during his endless road dates through the country. There's like ten alt comedy shows in L.A. every single night and in the half-decade since I moved back here, I haven't seen his name on a single bill

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Hannibal said to me "what the gently caress, man? You autistic?" when I was blowing up his spot when he was trying to get with some meth girls. He was loving amazing onstage though. Went way over and everyone loved it.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

stanhopes new one is on youtube, you only had to wait like ten hours jeez

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ariza posted:

Hannibal said to me "what the gently caress, man? You autistic?" when I was blowing up his spot when he was trying to get with some meth girls. He was loving amazing onstage though. Went way over and everyone loved it.

It's cool you're on a first name basis with the famous comedian because he wanted you to leave him alone and called you a fuckin retard lmao

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

DJ BK posted:

stanhopes new one is on youtube, you only had to wait like ten hours jeez

he's been retweeting ways to watch it without paying for it since it came out

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

It's cool you're on a first name basis with the famous comedian because he wanted you to leave him alone and called you a fuckin retard lmao

Very funny stuff, Skip My Posts. Do you have an instagram I can follow for more hilarious quips?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ariza posted:

Very funny stuff, Skip My Posts. Do you have an instagram I can follow for more hilarious quips?

what the gently caress, man? are you autistic?

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I think DB is funny and I love his podcasts and basically everything about him going back to his I Love the 90s appearances... but his stand-up is so bad to me. I think he'd be a lot better if he tried his new stuff on L.A. audiences instead of (I'm assuming) solely working it piece by piece during his endless road dates through the country. There's like ten alt comedy shows in L.A. every single night and in the half-decade since I moved back here, I haven't seen his name on a single bill

Who is DB?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

I think he means Doug Benson?

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
Is reading tweets really alt comedy tho? Twitter is the new notepad, isn't it?

(I <3 doug)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

nerve posted:

I think he means Doug Benson?

Yes. I'm also an idiot who misread Doug Stanhope for Doug Benson.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

Hannibal told a great story on Joe Rogan's podcast recently about some rear end in a top hat who wouldn't take "Sure, once I'm done eating my chicken wings" for an answer when he asked for a picture. It ends with Hannibal literally throwing crumbled up 20s in his face.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I just picked up tickets for John Mulaney and Nick Kroll's broadway show. I'm hoping it's good, because if it isn't that was a lot of money to spend.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

AFewBricksShy posted:

I just picked up tickets for John Mulaney and Nick Kroll's broadway show. I'm hoping it's good, because if it isn't that was a lot of money to spend.

I loved the near-final version of it they did at JFL Montreal.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Saw Jackie Kashian, Maria Bamford, Margaret Cho, and Ian Harvie tonight. All four were fantastic. Great start to JFL42 for me! Tomorrow I am seeing Dana Gould and Cameron Esposito and maybe some more.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

Saw Jackie Kashian, Maria Bamford, Margaret Cho, and Ian Harvie tonight. All four were fantastic. Great start to JFL42 for me! Tomorrow I am seeing Dana Gould and Cameron Esposito and maybe some more.

Has Jackie Kashian written some new stuff? I really like her but I fell like she's been doing some of her bits for a really long time

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

She started with new stuff (I saw her about 6 months ago), then someone shouted something about the Packers and she got annoyed and did old stuff after that. I went to a thing she did earlier today and she talked about how when someone shouts in a venue she isn't expecting it (she was opening for Bamford in a theatre), she gets flustered and goes to reliable older bits.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I've got a pile of VHS tapes in the basement and on one is a recording from the late 90's of Kashian on Conan and she's doing bits on Final Fantasy and Lethal Enforcers to a network TV audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Tonight I saw Dana Gould and Cameron Esposito do headliner sets. The only thing that sucked a bit was that Dana's opener was... Cameron. And she went long, and it started a bit late, so then I had to miss the end of Dana's set to rush off to my other show. Which was Cameron. Rhea opened for Cameron and was great.