Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hmm yes, I'm sure that that little demographic known as Women, a group who votes at a higher rate than Men, will find that very convincing.

And Hillary is getting back on the trail tomorrow with a rally in North Carolina. She's ready to bounce back.

Wasn't there something in this thread showing that how the media reported on the debates had more of an effect on the polls than the actual substance of the debates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/776249375454588928

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

nine-gear crow posted:

Literally got up and ran from the interview after 5 and a half questions. I had said after her RNC speech, "you know, her dad's a massive shithead, but I bet she could make a decent senator or congresswoman if she got out from under his thumb and actually ran as a Democrat."

Ivanka Trump posted:

...immediate aftermath of childbirth.

If a Democrat spoke about childbirth like this they'd be crucified.

Ivanka Trump posted:

So I think that you have a lot of negativity in these questions, and I think my father has put forth a very comprehensive and really revolutionary plan to deal with a lot of issues.

<snip>

My father obviously has a track record of decades of employing women at every level of his company, and supporting women, and supporting them in their professional capacity, and enabling them to thrive outside of the office and within.

This is why you need to be very careful about family acting as surrogates. This same thing bit Ann Romney when she was talking about Mitt. They start to feel backed into a corner about why anybody would say anything negative about their family member. Then they can't muster any defense to any criticism because they operate in the, "c'mon they're family," realm rather than the realm of actual political campaigning.

There's a big disconnect between the way Ivanka perceives her father and the rest of the world perceives Donald Trump. Referencing, even slightly, Donald Trump the media persona here is enough to make her exasperated because it's so different from the way she thinks of him personally.

:10bux: says one of the Trump spawn tweets or retweets something ridiculously misogynistic after Hillary trounces Trump in at least one or all of the debates.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 15, 2016

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'm hoping she slam dunks over him by calling him a millionaire every chance she gets.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

St. Dogbert posted:

Wasn't there something in this thread showing that how the media reported on the debates had more of an effect on the polls than the actual substance of the debates?

the carly fiorana effect

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/776259755174137856

what the gently caress is this bullshit

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

They hosed up the Browns' uniforms

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Chokes McGee posted:

:vince:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Can't win two Pulitzers without casual sexism!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

haha WHAT

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chokes McGee posted:

:thurman:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oversampled college educated people, I'm guessing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'd much rather have a pissed off and/or drunk moderator just rip into Trump and set him off to a frothing rage/suffer a heart attack than have Hillary do anything. it'd just be in the spirit of the 2016 election that some random act of universal chaos just comes in and sets off causality to poo poo the bed yet again. But the news blames Hillary for not trying to give aid to Trump fast enough while we have footage of her watching the whole thing completely dumbfounded.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ivanka Trump doesn't exactly handle herself very well in this Cosmopolitan interview about the Trump campaign's family leave proposal. Basically once the interviewer starts asking her what happens with paternity leave/gay male couples and paid leave, she falls apart

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a3356886/ivanka-trump-child-care-maternity-leave-policy/

This is more journalism and interviewing skills than I've seen from the New York Times or CNN or numerous other media outlets this entire election cycle. And it's in Cosmo, the magazine best known for giving women the idea men like a rando finger in their butts.

This loving election.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hey why not

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Crabtree posted:

I'd much rather have a pissed off and/or drunk moderator just rip into Trump and set him off to a frothing rage/suffer a heart attack than have Hillary do anything. it'd just be in the spirit of the 2016 election that some random act of universal chaos just comes in and sets off causality to poo poo the bed yet again. But the news blames Hillary for not trying to give aid to Trump fast enough while we have footage of her watching the whole thing completely dumbfounded.

the first debate is derailed into an impromptu episode of the Eric Andre show, complete with set destruction.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

How useful is a poll conducted over a month anyway?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

To be fair, it's pretty close to my team... the Bills... :smith:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

iospace posted:

So my mom is still full on arzy, even when I when I tell her Clinton still has 272 votes at this moment.

Give your mom a nice glass of wine and sit her down in her favorite chair. Then talk to her about demographics and turnout. If comparing Hillary's ground game to the myth of Trump's ground game while also talking lady votes and minorities doesn't help, show her these charts:

It's all going to be OK. In November Our Khaleesi will give us more Republican Tears to drink than ever before, now in Orange Flavor.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TheBigAristotle posted:

To be fair, it's pretty close to my team... the Bills... :smith:

So this is Super Bowl #3 for the GOP?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RevKrule posted:

This is more journalism and interviewing skills than I've seen from the New York Times or CNN or numerous other media outlets this entire election cycle. And it's in Cosmo, the magazine best known for giving women the idea men like a rando finger in their butts.

I mean they're not wrong

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I've worked with Autism Speaks , they're a great organization for the most part but like any good activist group they sometimes step on toes.

For example, one of their big pushes has been to get ABA therapy covered, by law, by private insurance. That's huge and has made a real difference in the lives of a lot of kids.

Other side is they are focused on the more severe side of the diagnosis spectrum and sometimes they have more of an institutional lean than id like.
What is their general opinion of higher-functioning men eager to make a name for themselves?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gyges posted:

Give your mom a nice glass of wine and sit her down in her favorite chair. Then talk to her about demographics and turnout. If comparing Hillary's ground game to the myth of Trump's ground game while also talking lady votes and minorities doesn't help, show her these charts:

It's all going to be OK. In November Our Khaleesi will give us more Republican Tears to drink than ever before, now in Orange Flavor.

Will do. Hopefully it'll work.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea really remind her that historically educated women have dominated voting in the modern age, and boy howdy do educated women hate the trumpster. There's no real 'oh well, yea he's pro-life and lovely but...I dunno he doesn't seem hateful or anything' factor like Mitt had, he's just a pure sexist monkey hooting angrily at them and they're going 'nah' as a bloc.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Chokes McGee posted:

:pusheen:

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

No one has doubted Hillary's performance, they have doubted the media's ability to actually report what happened accurately.

A lot of people will be directly watching the debate though. Like obviously the media analysis matters, but the debate viewership will be off the charts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jackson Taus posted:

A lot of people will be directly watching the debate though. Like obviously the media analysis matters, but the debate viewership will be off the charts.

yea primary debates and GE ones are kinda different animals. Obviously media spin matters but GE debates get more eyes and people are more interested in the clips and poo poo. It's harder to just fuckin Fiorina it and say that someone who said almost nothing at all won because they didn't actively poo poo their pants while half the state did and screamed 'LOOK HOW FULL MY PANTS ARE, THESE IDIOTS CAN'T FILL THEIR PANTS LIKE I CAN'.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

What is ppp doing

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Augus posted:

the first debate is derailed into an impromptu episode of the Eric Andre show, complete with set destruction.

I'm 100000000% on board with this idea.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

What is ppp doing

They post other peoples' polls too

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea primary debates and GE ones are kinda different animals. Obviously media spin matters but GE debates get more eyes and people are more interested in the clips and poo poo. It's harder to just fuckin Fiorina it and say that someone who said almost nothing at all won because they didn't actively poo poo their pants while half the state did and screamed 'LOOK HOW FULL MY PANTS ARE, THESE IDIOTS CAN'T FILL THEIR PANTS LIKE I CAN'.

The only polling we have on the CiC forum (CNN I think) called it basically a tie despite trump being a babbling moron on every single issue, complimenting putin in front of veterans, and defending his comments about sexual assault in the military.

If the media reports a tie, it's remembered as a tie.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lemming posted:

They post other peoples' polls too

Well this poll is a stupid one!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

theflyingorc posted:

What is ppp doing
Hopefully being accurate, between this and that Texas Clinton+1 result a while back. That would just be wonderful. Imagine it if Hillary is in auto-recount territory in Florida and Ohio BUT THEN: Texas.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

mcmagic posted:

2018 is going to be an epic shitshow.

Yep. No matter what happens in this election the midterms are going to be brutal.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Wait, i miscounted the Ps

I thought it was public policy polling

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

theflyingorc posted:

What is ppp doing

That's not PPP. That's a twitter that pretty much releases the top lines of each polls (aka the bits most people care about).

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

I mean they're not wrong

can confirm

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

Well this poll is a stupid one!

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

You can't see the back of their pants in this drawing.

• Locked thread