Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Awesome! posted:

is there some rule against cross league trading or are you just worried they will think its rmt

You can't do temp league/perma league stuff because the point of temp leagues is to give everyone an equal start and letting people with a billion ex on Standard use it to buy things in league would defeat that. Doing SC/HC is fine but GGG won't intervene if you get scammed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

makes sense

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Figure tonight I might take a little time to find some items on poe.trade with life and resists so I can go back to maps instead of dried lake. When searching poe.trade how do I know if the +life (for example) on a given item is good, average, or bad for that base item, or whatever?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

when you look at the stats you will see like
+99 to maximum life P1

the P1 means its a tier 1 (top tier) prefix and will give you the range if you hover over it

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Also poeaffix.net

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So can a poo poo-tier prefix end up on a base item of higher level or vice-versa, or do they tend to match up when they're rolled (be it via alchemy or w/e or via drop)?

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

So can a poo poo-tier prefix end up on a base item of higher level or vice-versa, or do they tend to match up when they're rolled (be it via alchemy or w/e or via drop)?

An item can roll any level mods up to and including those of their item level. You can still get garbage rolls on high ilvl bases.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there is a lower limit. so like a max +hp roll wont show up on an ilvl 5 item but there is no limit the other way as far as i know. you can roll +5hp on an ilvl 100 item

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Awesome! posted:

there is a lower limit. so like a max +hp roll wont show up on an ilvl 5 item but there is no limit the other way as far as i know. you can roll +5hp on an ilvl 100 item

Why wouldn't max life show up on an ilvl 5 item? poeaffix (thanks killstealing!) says the first tier for that is at ilvl 1. Is there something else I don't understand about the roll process?

(sorry to pick apart your example I'm just trying to understand how this works so i don't rip myself off on poe.trade)

(edit) Is there a way to get poe.trade to show me what tiers of affix are even possible on a given item so I don't have to go back and forth between it and poeaffix while I learn? Somewhere in the listing where it says P7 or whatever, where it also says "(this could have been up to P4)"?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 15, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i meant "max +hp" like the max possible +hp roll not literally "+ maximum hp"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ah, my bad.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
No poe.trade is meh like that, you'll have to memorize

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Bluuh. That's the kind of thing that makes me want to put my programming chops to use outside of work.

If I weren't thoroughly loving :effort: about programming outside of work, anyway.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Ciaphas posted:

Figure tonight I might take a little time to find some items on poe.trade with life and resists so I can go back to maps instead of dried lake. When searching poe.trade how do I know if the +life (for example) on a given item is good, average, or bad for that base item, or whatever?
I just click on the affix to sort by it and add a lower bound if I want to lop off the bad ones :shobon:

Search max life, sort, see that 80 is the max for that price or slot, add a minimum of 50, repeat for other affixes until there's <40 results to choose from.

I'm also going to be shopping tonight, if anyone wants to buy The Worst abyssus for a 5c discount hit me up.
edit:

Ciaphas posted:

Bluuh. That's the kind of thing that makes me want to put my programming chops to use outside of work.

If I weren't thoroughly loving :effort: about programming outside of work, anyway.
Your stash tabs are available from the POE site as a json object.

JawnV6 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 15, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

JawnV6 posted:

I just click on the affix to sort by it and add a lower bound if I want to lop off the bad ones :shobon:

Search max life, sort, see that 80 is the max for that price or slot, add a minimum of 50, repeat for other affixes until there's <40 results to choose from.

I'm also going to be shopping tonight, if anyone wants to buy The Worst abyssus for a 5c discount hit me up.
edit:

Your stash tabs are available from the POE site as a json object.

Yeah I figured it'd be publicly available since poe.trade isn't affiliated with GGG. Maybe someday I'll work on my own poe.trade alternative with blackjack and hookers

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

If I wanted to change my witch from selfcast flameblast to totem flameblast, how much of my tree would I have to change? What stats would stop applying?

Current tree

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Actually, better one. I threw this together, does this have any obvious deficiencies for what I want to do?

Pizzatime

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

use http://poeplanner.com/ imo

im not experienced in this build but elemental overload would probably be a really big damage boost if you arent going crit and you are right next to it

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Vasudus posted:

I loot rings and amulets immediately, along with things like Vaal regalias which I ID immediately. When I get enough rings/amulets to turn in a bunch of recipes, I go Hoover mode and loot everything I can use. Then I turn in 10-12 sets of gear.

I get the bulk of my currency doing this and vendoring 6S items for jewelers, which I convert into fusings to sell for chaos.

this is good advice I wasn't taking advantage of, but will now

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
having a system is nice but for me the real money has always been in picking up big fuckoff white drops from the floor in high end maps

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Awesome! posted:

use http://poeplanner.com/ imo

im not experienced in this build but elemental overload would probably be a really big damage boost if you arent going crit and you are right next to it

Uh...re-read Elemental Overload again

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Doesn'the work out for pizzas unless you use orb of storms to proc it, but elemental overload really is (almost) free damage for most spell builds without crit investment.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whypick1 posted:

Uh...re-read Elemental Overload again

is the question whether you can proc it while doing zero damage with orb of storms? because i realized that after i posted and i dont know

e: nope it works. now im not sure what im supposed to be rereading http://imgur.com/roxjNGB

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 15, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Huh, thought it didn't. WELL IGNORE ME THEN

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I actually wanted to take that one out but the game wasn't letting me take out the intelligence node by it for some reason.

I also just realized that because I'm totems now I need to refund those two Elementalist anti-reflect nodes. This is getting expensive :(

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whypick1 posted:

Huh, thought it didn't. WELL IGNORE ME THEN

to be fair i made that post before leaving work and was thinking about that exact thing the whole way home lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I actually wanted to take that one out but the game wasn't letting me take out the intelligence node by it for some reason.

I also just realized that because I'm totems now I need to refund those two Elementalist anti-reflect nodes. This is getting expensive :(

If you do go that route and re-spec your Ascendancy, definitely get Liege of the Primordial and roll with Lightning and Flame golems. ~60% increased damage and ~15% increased cast speed ftw

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

J posted:

There's another school of thought regarding what you pick up that skips the chaos recipe entirely and just focuses on going as fast as possible. Only pick up jewelry, belts, top tier bases for whatever builds are FOTM that league, and 6 socket items. Roll a bunch of maps at a time and try to minimize the time spent on inventory tetris in between maps. If you can't evaluate and price items quickly, throw them in a stash tab and price them later and get into the next map.

This is what I do.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Can someone tell me what i should try and improve and work on for my LA/BR ranger, i bought a doomfletch to replace my old bow, but it simply didn't do very much:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/UberJumper/characters

I cannot get passed Mercless lab (i am literally running around in circles against Izaro, while trying to plink his health down). I can do t8-t9 fairly well.

I feel i have screwed up my build, as i am insanely squishy, and simply cannot do very much dps.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whats the purpose of blast rain in your chest?

e: also you basically have no life on your gear

and no instant flask besides the one panicked

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 15, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Well, a few things that jump out:

- You have no flat phys on your gear at all, which is really what makes Doomfletch's Prism work - it scales super hard off that and will be pretty bad without it
- You're still running 4links, at least grab a 5link for an extra gem, it adds a shitton, how are you level 80 with 4links
- Not sure why you're using Drillneck given that Blast Rain doesn't pierce and you don't have any pierce chance anywhere else - a decent rare quiver will be better, though the flat phys on Drillneck is decent for Doomfletch if you're taking the pierce nodes and using the gem
- You have fuckall for life
- You have fuckall for life

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Anybody have any suggestions for a Windripper build? Ever since the prophecy made them (and Drillnecks) cheap as dirt, I've wanted to run something with it, since my first ever character was a janky ele crit bow Ranger. I just don't want to use tshot because I'm a hipster.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

UberJumper posted:

Can someone tell me what i should try and improve and work on for my LA/BR ranger, i bought a doomfletch to replace my old bow, but it simply didn't do very much:

I cannot get passed Mercless lab (i am literally running around in circles against Izaro, while trying to plink his health down). I can do t8-t9 fairly well.

I feel i have screwed up my build, as i am insanely squishy, and simply cannot do very much dps.

as soon as you pick up your Prism you have to go all in on phys damage (flat and percentage): DFP triples from your shown physical dps, LA (and the other elemental bow skills) reduces the physical dps. I would invest a coupla c to get a high level Tornado Shot (and ditch the Blast Rain) or split shot

or go the other way: sell the DFP, get a voltaxic (you don't even need socktes in that = get a cheap as gently caress corrupted one) and a 5link chest and go all in on lightning/chaos dps

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Now that I'm actually gunning for level 90 for the first time I have to master the art of not dying.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

UberJumper posted:

Sup DFP buddy - Heres my dude, tho my gear is still pretty god awful. You mainly need to stack up some flat phys to do the dps. Im not sure about raiders, but it works well on inquistors!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mezlat/characters

I've got some whack points spent around duelist because I ran out respec orbs.

The Real Foogla posted:

as soon as you pick up your Prism you have to go all in on phys damage (flat and percentage): DFP triples from your shown physical dps, LA (and the other elemental bow skills) reduces the physical dps. I would invest a coupla c to get a high level Tornado Shot (and ditch the Blast Rain) or split shot

Why is LA bad? I was trying both T-Shot and LA, and while T-Shot can work with both single/aoe, I feel like LA clears way beter off screen. The conversion you get on LA shouldn't really effect the bonus damage your getting from DFP?

Nezkar fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Sep 15, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Question about Steppan Eard.

It gives various bonuses if your standing on ground effects, does it matter whose ground effects they are? it doesn't specify and wanted to know if I could get a easy 2% life regen with arctic armor.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 15, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Question about Steppan Eard.

It gives various bonuses if your standing on ground effects, does it matter whose ground effects they are? it doesn't specify and wanted to know if I could get a easy 2% life regen with arctic armor.

You have to actually be affected to get the bonuses. Pop a heat flask and you won't get the bonus even on hostile ground.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

UberJumper posted:

In addition to the other tips. As well as the other guy, you can check out mine.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fatmanuel/characters
TabsForFood. I've only swapped the bow and the belt since I stopped using DFP, and even though I was actually dealing too much damage my gear is still not that great (no flat damage on gloves and quiver, low multi on amulet - no steel rings).

Fix your jewels, they're bad, get life on both because this type of build struggles badly for life.

If you plan on sticking with DFP I would aim for Avatar of the Veil and Avatar of the Slaughter (I would do this anyway, because maintaining Onslaught when you need it costs too much (a flask)).

Drop the 3 points in Essence Sap and spend 2 to get life and mana leach near duelist.

Get a Stibnite flask.

Switch to another quiver for now, Broadhead or Spike-Point. You can use Drillneck when you have enough links for Drillneck and the pierce cluster North of Acrobatics.

Edit:
I wanted to attach one general piece of advice. The more uniques you use, the better rares you will need to fill the gaps. You're trying to use too many end game uniques at once without having high enough quality rares.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Sep 15, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nezkar posted:

The conversion you get on LA shouldn't really effect the bonus damage your getting from DFP?

I actually can't find any hard rules for this (I always thought it does, but then again it is a unique mechanic, and those can break the "rules"). You may have to compare dps, but lazy me always just goes TS anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

I actually can't find any hard rules for this (I always thought it does, but then again it is a unique mechanic, and those can break the "rules"). You may have to compare dps, but lazy me always just goes TS anyways.

Time to check some tool tips... oh wait, that doesn't work either

• Locked thread