Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patchouli
Mar 30, 2011
B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
There's a lot of good options in this one, but I think I'm going to have to go with D.

Also, I'd like to take a shot at this myself sometime, so could you please put my name on the pilot list? I have PMs. I won't actually be able to commit to it for a few weeks but I'm pretty sure there's enough people left on the list that it won't be my turn until that doesn't matter anymore anyway.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
C, never not gently caress with the trashborn.

F and D sound sweet too tho.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

C. gently caress Clans.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I want to see and play all the scenarios, but in the end I'm going to have to vote for E. I just can't resist a good mystery.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

jng2058 posted:

Something to remember is that even losing votes matter.

I vote A.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
Hard choices. Going with B because reasons.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I cant pick between C and D.

Love the demon hawks but kinda want the goliath scorpions to kick rear end too!

But..

Voting C

Lets Keep The merc lets play going!

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
F because it is nice to mix things up a bit.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm voting for C.

Die, Clanner!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

F because I am an actual human being with a soul and goddammit people it's a top down arcade scroller mission GASOLINE FOR BLOOD, KICK THE 'CHARGER IN, FEEL IT BURN

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Also that was some real nice writing in that fluff PTN

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Then everyone dies in an orbital bombardment because Battlemech technology is forbidden on Kharak. :v

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Taidaan Khan: You dare refuse my batchall? Then burn.

Hiigarans: Wut?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
A so it works out better when it's not chosen. F is what I want to see, A is what I want to happen successfully.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Night10194 posted:

I basically want every single mission here except B.

Same. I'm especially torn between C and F but I'm going to go with C because seeing clan society fracturing up-close sounds like a good time.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Nephila posted:

B I would like to see some push back on Amaris' gambit. Especially since that specific group of clans are picked from some of the more crafty choices among them. Lets give them a chance to shine for a bit and live up to some of their shrewd reputations.

Absolutely. I want things to get switched up and crazy now that the clans are aware their ideas will not work. B all the way

Bulletfodder
Dec 4, 2009
Voting C

Torn between this and B, but ultimately just having too much fun following the mercs.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

E

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Sep 16, 2016

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I vote for C. I don't think PTN is going to let the narrative fall flat if we don't vote to fight Amaris here. I'd like to see what the downtrodden ex-clanners can do.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Gotta be F.

A little interlude in the Demon Hawk's story would be nice; an interlude on the FURY ROAD is even better!

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
Tough vote. I really want to see all of these. F looks like a lot of fun and I think it will win. I'm torn on a support vote between the Goliath scorpions and promoting the concept of clan defection... D.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
So many wonderful choices. Amaris toys in an Amaris frontline unit? Clan assaults turning the tide? Trashborn getting dunked on by the first clan turncoats? Widowmakers getting order-66'd by airdropped redacted? A Mystery Box in New Syrtis? WITNESS ME in ersatz tanks on a scrolling map?

PTN, you spoil us. D, but whatever wins promises to be entertaining.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

jng2058 posted:

F will probably have little to no long term consequences at all. But it'll be wild, wacky fun!

Hey for all we know it'll lead to the Space Texans learning how to reverse-engineer and manufacture their own Atlases or tacnuke Arrow IVs or some poo poo, let's not make any assumptions.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Hey for all we know it'll lead to the Space Texans learning how to reverse-engineer and manufacture their own Atlases or tacnuke Arrow IVs or some poo poo, let's not make any assumptions.

I'm a Texan and I approve this message

F

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Eff is going to win, but we can't let down those clanners that followed their hearts. Voting C to give them a better chance of performing well.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Voting F as well. After all the prototype high-tech shenanigans and combat between organised and well-equipped forces, it'll be a nice change of pace to have a little scrap between a bunch of junk 'mechs with mediocre pilots in it only for a small payday. :allears:

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

C. Flipped a coin between that and D, since F seems best placed to win, and really any of these options sound very interesting.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I'm happy with any of C, D, or F winning, but I'll vote for C as my way of pushing for Company D (and by extension, the Demon Hawks) to succeed.

Octavion
Apr 5, 2009
Voting F for field kitchen.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Perestroika posted:

Voting F as well. After all the prototype high-tech shenanigans and combat between organised and well-equipped forces, it'll be a nice change of pace to have a little scrap between a bunch of junk 'mechs with mediocre pilots in it only for a small payday. :allears:

PTN has said it's more like junk tanks with mediocre pilots.

Ryzic
Feb 28, 2009

No, actually. I would hate to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!
Grimey Drawer
Voting F for a fun interlude. The turret has a spot welder! Can you make movey bits less movey on adjacent vehicles with a melee attack?

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Wow, pretty much has to be F but C would be fun too. Or really, all of them.

... I think I need to get in on this finally, even if I haven't done the board game in like, 10 years. Unless I'm an idiot, I have PMs. Also mekilljoydammit@gmail.com

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Votes so far by my very hasty and probably wrong count:

A 2
B 11
C 28
D 19
E 10
F 32

It's still really close so c'mon people, vote F! I'm sure PTN will let us revisit the battle for Andurien, we've just had three missions of beating up clanners, do we really need more clanners when it might mean missing out on autoscrolling Fury Road?

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 15, 2016

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
As much as I want to see clanners fighting clanners dishonourably, mad max in BattleTech sounds entirely too hilarious to skip. Count my vote for F

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
D, Scorpion plot has been dodged long enough.

In like Zinn
Jan 3, 2010

You'll notice from the bodies where the squaddies have been.
C

As much as I love the idea of Mad Max Battletech, my heart belongs to D-Company now.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
F. Let's take a break from Andurien for a bit.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

The Merry Marauder posted:

D, Scorpion plot has been dodged long enough.

Need more votes for literally trolling clanners hard enough that they delete their account unit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015
F Gotta go for Maximum ScavengerTech

• Locked thread