Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
RIPrince in Persia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Happy 1 Year Anniversary, Prince of Persia LP :toot:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

Happy 1 Year Anniversary, Prince of Persia LP :toot:

This should be probatable. :argh:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Thanks to us breaking $500 on the charity stream, I am contractually obligated to put out another Prince of Persia update.

Come watch us at: http://www.hitbox.tv/teamfrognugget and give us more money to see about getting a second video out of it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:toot:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Two new episodes. We broke $750

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

:allears:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

release the videos, crow

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
yeah do it, nerd

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

:negative:

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
You know, having seen the end of this game, I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

DON'T DO IT, CROW! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Even still, he did promise the sick children an episode or two. For the sick kids, Crow.

Besides, you can hold the rest of the game ransom for the next TFN charity stream. :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The war continues. Fucker's now holding his own lovely LP hostage like he thinks he can win.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't wait to receive a letter in the mail on my 83rd birthday, on death's door, that simply reads "PoP 2008 is back."

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
This LP war is going to put 100 Years to shame at the rate it's going. You do have at least SOME footage ready to edit and upload?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

The war continues. Fucker's now holding his own lovely LP hostage like he thinks he can win.

update your enjoyable thread you loving corvid

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

GuyUpNorth posted:

This LP war is going to put 100 Years to shame at the rate it's going. You do have at least SOME footage ready to edit and upload?

Oh, he has ALL the footage. Just sitting there. BEGGING to be edited. He won't let anyone near it. He is like some sort of dragon hoarding its loot--only the loot is the uncut PoP2008 footage. :argh:

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Oh, he has ALL the footage. Just sitting there. BEGGING to be edited. He won't let anyone near it. He is like some sort of dragon hoarding its loot--only the loot is the uncut PoP2008 footage. :argh:

That's really meh loot tbf

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In an alternative timeline, Smaug fiercely protected his collection of pogs.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

In an alternative timeline, Smaug fiercely protected his collection of pogs.

The Arkenstone is a metal slammer with a holographic sticker.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm surprised crow hasn't locked this thread by now.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Crow! We'll give you everything we have, but you have to FINISH IT!!!!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm surprised crow hasn't locked this thread by now.

Ah, but if he leaves it open, he can taunt you forever. Which is exactly what he intends to do, the bastard.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:smith:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Crow, we asked you, "Please update Prince of Persia," and you said no.

Crow, we begged of you, "Please update Prince of Persia," and you still said no.

Crow, we gave money to charity so that you would update Prince of Persia, and despite your promise you still said no.

Well guess what Crow, we're tired of waiting. Tired of the lies. Tired of broken promises to sick children. So tonight, on the eve of our next charity stream, we took matters into our own hands.

We're back, motherfuckers.

No, wait, come back! I'm serious! There's even a video at the end of this post to prove it. But before we get there, I wanted to briefly run down what this is and how it's going to work.

Ultimately, this is a continuation of what Crow was doing before he succumbed to anime planes or some bullshit - I'll be keeping a similar format, more or less the same commentary team (if he promises not to shoot me again, I might even let Crow back in), taking a similar route through the game, and we'll even be honoring the original Prince of Death contest. However, a few notable things have changed, so I wanted to make sure everyone was clear on that.

• First and foremost, this is the PC version of the game. This means that we have these nice, shiny 60 FPS videos now, but it also means we won't be covering the Epilogue. Not because I don't like or it anything, it was just never released on PC in the first place.
  • As mentioned above, we will be honoring the original Prince of Death guesses. Although it may not be evident from the first video or two, I am better at this game than Crow was and while I don't know the exact number, I've definitely died less than 94 times. However, for the sake of consistency, I'll be picking up where he left off, so my first death with be #95, etc, etc.
  • On a style-related note, there won't be quite as many silly touches or visual gags (like the commentary team changing at the start of every episode). Simply put, I don't have After Effects and I'm not going to pay for it just so I can use it twice a month. (:rip: the bad joke counter, taken before your time)

Other than that though, we're pretty much just going to pick up right where Crow left off, which puts us about halfway through the Vale. If you don't remember anything about where we are or what we're doing (and lord knows I wouldn't blame you if you don't), I also made a quick :siren: plot recap video :siren: summarizing where we are, what we've accomplished, and what powers we have. That said, I still recommend watching it even if you do remember, because for some god forsaken reason Crow hasn't bothered to post any of the main plot (which happens when you go to collect new powers), so I've also included the relevant cutscenes there.

So with all that said, let's get this show on the road (again). Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Prince of Persia.

The Reservoir (Polsy)

Artix fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 29, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Mods please change the thread title to "I Hate Artix - Let's Not Play Prince of Persia [2008]" :byodood:

Thank you

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Artix posted:

We're back, motherfuckers.

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie
This is LP history happening in front of my eyes.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Artix got shot, came back after a year to finish the mission.

Prince of Persia 2008 - the Phantom Pain

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The system works. The war rages on...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
That thread title!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:siren::siren:STOP WATCHING ARTIX'S SHAMEFUL IMITATION OF A FORUMS ORIGINAL AND TUNE IN TO THE TEAM FROG NUGGET 24 HOUR EXTRA LIFE STEAM!!!!:siren::siren::siren:

See awesome games shown off by amazing LPers like myself, JamieTheD, FPZero, Faerie Fortune, and the traitor Artix.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
This LP lived, died, and lived again!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I wonder for how long...

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Please don't kill Artix again, I'd like to actually see the end of this game. :ohdear:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Darth TNT posted:

I wonder for how long...

I mean, I'm uploading the last video from our first session now, which goes to the end of the Vale. So you're at least guaranteed to see the halfway point! :downs:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Shinjobi posted:

I can't wait to receive a letter in the mail on my 83rd birthday, on death's door, that simply reads "PoP 2008 is back."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean, I've been seeing a recent increase of gray hairs lately...:corsair:

• Locked thread