Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I was only able to complete enough of the Empire event to unlock him. Is he still worth putting resources into or should I just focus on my other core characters (arena team is pretty cookie cutter baby's first F2P squad).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

tadashi posted:

I was only able to complete enough of the Empire event to unlock him. Is he still worth putting resources into or should I just focus on my other core characters (arena team is pretty cookie cutter baby's first F2P squad).

If you mean Emperor, yes. Even outside an Empire squad, even when he is not leader. He is just that good.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I think we're due for an AM start raid, gonna kick it off in 5 mins unless I hear otherwise.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I was just able to 3* the T3 Crit damage mod challenge with the following Jawa team:
Nebit (leader) - 80/G7/7*
JE - 80/G8/6*
Jawa Scavenger - 80/G7/7*
Dathcha - 80/G7/7*
Jawa - 70/G7/6*

All of them had random crappy mods at level 9 or so. I beat it my first attempt, so I probably could have had a slightly worse team and been able to 3* it.

Now to farm up a pile of crit damage mods. Not sure who I am going to put them on, certainly Lando, and Biggs, not sure about Wedge though. Also not sure what other sets I want on Biggs/Lando, maybe crit chance? I will probably be slow to mod them up because I rely on tons of speed secondaries for Biggs to go first in my Arena team (currently Lando/Wedge/Biggs/Palp/Sun Fac)

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Asked in guild if people had donation parts for tab(she needs them to get rg the next gear level for ewok). :stare: holy crap I think that was the fastest gear request ever.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

Asked in guild if people had donation parts for tab(she needs them to get rg the next gear level for ewok). :stare: holy crap I think that was the fastest gear request ever.

I checked 15 minutes after you typed the request and it was already gone.

:smith:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yo. Members of Qui Goon Jinn, we need to slow down raid damage. We're like halfway through Phase 4 and only 13 people have hit him. Try not to put up big numbers until we get more people on the board.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

I checked 15 minutes after you typed the request and it was already gone.

:smith:

Yeah it was amazing. That gear request took her from stalling out at stage 2 of the ewok to being able to get to 6 or 7 each try. She didn't quite get the event done this time but she will next time.

I think the potential of the gear exchange is probably a lot more than we are currently doing. I have been collecting a lot of extras and donating a ton of stuff. It is really the 4-5 everyone needs this stuff that is kind of a pain. I wish they would let you donate as many as you wanted. I know for example mal needed a furnace a bit ago and I was sitting on 145 of the parts I could have filled his request easy. I guess I just wish we had a better exchange system because it sucks to have hundred of parts people need and it cuts me off at 1 because it's a purple, even 2 is honestly to low in my opinion.

Also I am not actually sure if anything I typed made sense, this painkiller my doctor gave me has me in lala land.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I'm kinda tempted to start running this team for the raid: (bad music warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvPZomKApTU

Need to get some potency mods on Rex, and not sure how 5's is modded, plus need to finish wiggs' crit damage sets.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Yo. Members of Qui Goon Jinn, we need to slow down raid damage. We're like halfway through Phase 4 and only 13 people have hit him. Try not to put up big numbers until we get more people on the board.

I would really recommend having a 12 hour waiting period before raid damage starts. We each send in one guy in P1, who gets slaughtered and puts us on the board for 0 damage (just attack a guard). Also try to get as many people to overlap at the same time, so that you get a lot of overkill in P1/P2.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
So I just started playing this game again thanks to some friends, and I see (and have experienced thanks to old goon allies) Emperor Palpatine is all the rage. Do we know when and if that event will come back?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hixalot posted:

So I just started playing this game again thanks to some friends, and I see (and have experienced thanks to old goon allies) Emperor Palpatine is all the rage. Do we know when and if that event will come back?

No on the when, but it will be back. They classified it as super-uber-ultra rare or something like that.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
If I were gonna bet on it, I'd say it'll probably return around the time Rogue One comes out.

Edit: Mid-December

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I've unlocked all the Jawa. Chief and Datcha are almost 7 star, others are slowly getting there.

Working on Ackbar too, but after him I'm not sure who to get from Arena. HK-47? Was thinking to finish a full Droid squad.. Or should I focus on an Empire squad?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If you have Emperor then an empire/sith squad is a lot of fun. Emp/Vader/Tarkin/Savage/Snowtrooper is my new 'gently caress you, node 9/11' squad.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

iGestalt posted:

I've unlocked all the Jawa. Chief and Datcha are almost 7 star, others are slowly getting there.

Working on Ackbar too, but after him I'm not sure who to get from Arena. HK-47? Was thinking to finish a full Droid squad.. Or should I focus on an Empire squad?

If you have jaws engie and nebit at 6 starts or higher go with HK for droids. The amount of bullshit that team is able to put out in a single round is disgusting. My chief is almost 6stars where he will replace my rg in my droid squad. Just HK lead + je is broken good, the speed up he provides to the droids added to hk omega leader giving 50%tm on crit and often you will go twice before their whole team can go once.

Edit my nebit is not high enough that I have checked out his leader ability compared to 88 and hk so they might even be better with his lead.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Sep 18, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Whales, tell me about admonidium packs or whatever. How many packs have it taken you to get the main character of it to 7 stars? Have you gotten a premium character up from the 4 point shipments on it?

I'm really regretting never getting sun fac. His kit is so stupid op...

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

Edit my nebit is not high enough that I have checked out his leader ability compared to 88 and hk so they might even be better with his lead.

It's 30% crit chance for droids and jawas with crit chance down for 3 turns upon landing a crit on a target.

Have you tried running 47 (L), 88, 86, Jawa Engineer, B2? If that team is maxed I simply can't beat them. They ability block my STHan (and everyone else), remove all buffs with B2, and instantly kill my Rey or QGJ. It's a complete nightmare and also pretty awesome.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Hughlander posted:

Whales, tell me about admonidium packs or whatever. How many packs have it taken you to get the main character of it to 7 stars? Have you gotten a premium character up from the 4 point shipments on it?

I'm really regretting never getting sun fac. His kit is so stupid op...

The general rule of thumb is about $200 worth to max out the main dude in an aruodium packs.

I probably spent half that on wedge when he came out and got him to 5*, then decided he was poo poo (which he was at the the time) and stopped. I did get a bunch of sun fac shards too, and finished sf off from shipments later on, he is definitely OP

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

If you have Emperor then an empire/sith squad is a lot of fun. Emp/Vader/Tarkin/Savage/Snowtrooper is my new 'gently caress you, node 9/11' squad.

Yeah, I just ran over nodes 9 through 11 with Palp, Vader, RG, Tarkin, Snowtrooper. Tarkin is definitely pretty weak though, could replace him with Lando, 88, or anyone else with a good AOE and the team is better. The one thing that Tarkin does well is lead off with an aoe debuff that immediately grants him another turn.

With this comp, I actually start off using Palp's debuff, because once he has it on everyone, he goes constantly. Once 5 people are shocked, that's +60% TM, plus another 20 if he lands a shock. With 3 people shocked you can use Let the Hate Flow for a free turn. This whittles down god squads really well. The biggest problem is when you have a whole bunch of counterattackers, at which point I sub in Daka. Also, don't forget that if you use Power of the Dark side while their team is shocked, it's a 2 turn stun.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Just discovered this last night, and I'm enjoying having an alternative to Pokemon Go for when I'm stuck killing time with my phone but can't walk around like a weirdo at the airport or whatever. Got enough Dark Siders to unlock those battles, working my way through the...story modes? to unlock the Hard Mode poo poo and get drops. Went to the arena a few times, I don't think I can do much else yet.

I've read there was(/is?) some sort of issue with Plo Koon, like his proc chances were bugged or something. Is this still the case? I love him and I'm going to try to grind for him regardless, just to have him on my roster, but I'd like to have realistic expectations about what I'm grinding for.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

mushroom_spore posted:

Just discovered this last night, and I'm enjoying having an alternative to Pokemon Go for when I'm stuck killing time with my phone but can't walk around like a weirdo at the airport or whatever. Got enough Dark Siders to unlock those battles, working my way through the...story modes? to unlock the Hard Mode poo poo and get drops. Went to the arena a few times, I don't think I can do much else yet.

I've read there was(/is?) some sort of issue with Plo Koon, like his proc chances were bugged or something. Is this still the case? I love him and I'm going to try to grind for him regardless, just to have him on my roster, but I'd like to have realistic expectations about what I'm grinding for.

The OP has a pretty good guide for what you should be working on. Plo Koon is terrible, bugged or not, and you should probably not waste time farming him. If you do farm him, you will find that he is not useful for just about anything, but if he is your one true love, go for it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

The OP has a pretty good guide for what you should be working on. Plo Koon is terrible, bugged or not, and you should probably not waste time farming him. If you do farm him, you will find that he is not useful for just about anything, but if he is your one true love, go for it.

Yeah. Plo Koon is among the worst. Still not as bad as Ugh or Urr, but still pretty bad. That said, one of his hard nodes is good to farm cause it drops good stuff....Why can't that be an Ani node?

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Sucks that he never got fixed, that'll just be a side/novelty goal then. (And if he ever does get reworked, I'll have him ready. :toot: )

In the meantime my Dark team needs more bodies on the field if they're going to catch up to Light; I got some Sidious coins and some Vader coins, but those look like very "trickle in over time" things. The OP says Dooku is a slow farm too. Is that pretty much standard, outside of lucky card pulls?

EDIT: Actually, the game is now offering me the Assassin Droid Bundle, which seems popular and has a bunch of guaranteed Darksider robots in it. I may just do that for now, $25 is about what I usually drop on a game if I like it. Then I can also go back and grind for whatever with a larger team.

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 20, 2016

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I also want more character advice! Time for my next cantina shipment toon: What's more important, Scout for Rebel events or Poe for Speed Mods? Biggs for Rebel events or Pilot for Speed Mods? You can clearly see the two things that I want the most here. What other mods should I be farming toward, and who are my best bet to farm? Should I be angling for stage three clear or is the fist stage with three characters enough?

Edit: keep in mind all of my resources now are going into scoundrels because none of those teams will matter if I can't beat the heists to level them.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

WerrWaaa posted:

I also want more character advice! Time for my next cantina shipment toon: What's more important, Scout for Rebel events or Poe for Speed Mods? Biggs for Rebel events or Pilot for Speed Mods? You can clearly see the two things that I want the most here. What other mods should I be farming toward, and who are my best bet to farm? Should I be angling for stage three clear or is the fist stage with three characters enough?

Edit: keep in mind all of my resources now are going into scoundrels because none of those teams will matter if I can't beat the heists to level them.

IMO speed mods arent that good (its better to have other mods that simply have speed as a secondary or primary stat) and Rebels team is very good to level.

Ideally you will have ST HAN & Lando. Both are scoundrels & rebels! Then you just need 3 more of each branch to fill out your teams. Get Rebel Scout & Biggs over the resistance people.

A Rebels team lets you complete Palpatine Event & Empire Assault! Thats potentially like 4 million credits + shards + 1 OP character. Once you unlock 7* Palpatine you can basically walk through the Ewok event with Palp lead + Royal Guard + literally anything else.

Lando is the key. If you have him at a high level he carries the scoundrel event. Him + ST Han + 1 other scoundrel at a dece level = golden. Focus on rebels after that. I was able to beat the scoundrel tier 4 heist with a lvl 70 dengar 5* G7/G8, Lvl 60 5* Chewie, and Lvl 60 5* IG-88 because I had Lando & St Han at G10 & G9. I filled out my rebel team with Leia, Ackbar, and Hoth Rebel Scout.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

WerrWaaa posted:

Biggs. Right now, Wedge + Biggs is incredibly OP, that is what I am running right now. I often don't drop at all from rank 2 or 3 overnight.

As long as you already have Lando, not spending all the cantina energy you have on Wedge in node 6F is crazy.

Mal, maybe time to rewrite the OP guide? Basically, if youa re new your #1 priority should be scoundrels, especially Lando and then Stormtrooper Han. With the two of them leveled and geared up, you can clear the top level of the credit heist, and get somewhere around 5 million credits or so every week. This is key to getting all your other teams up and running.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
QGJ just started a t7 raid, but we are asking everyone to hold off on doing damage for 12 hours. This means sending in a party of one and attacking one of the left or right pigs. You can send in a party of one by clicking ok on the popup, and then clicking battle a second time.
Hopefully this will catch on and everyone will get used to doing the raid this way, although it is silly we have to put up such measures and not just reward everyone in the guild upon completion.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Biggs. Right now, Wedge + Biggs is incredibly OP, that is what I am running right now. I often don't drop at all from rank 2 or 3 overnight.

As long as you already have Lando, not spending all the cantina energy you have on Wedge in node 6F is crazy.

Mal, maybe time to rewrite the OP guide? Basically, if youa re new your #1 priority should be scoundrels, especially Lando and then Stormtrooper Han. With the two of them leveled and geared up, you can clear the top level of the credit heist, and get somewhere around 5 million credits or so every week. This is key to getting all your other teams up and running.

I just updated the TLDR recommended heroes. I'll think about updating the rest of that thing later...I do go through about every 3-4 months and update things, it just takes a lot of time.

WerrWaaa posted:

Basically, right now the F2P(ish) arena team is Lando (L), Wedge, Biggs, Palpatine, STH. Unfortunately, Palpatine is really hard to get (all Rebel event, might happen again in 2-9 months), so I would then instead run RG or put Admiral Ackbar in lead.

Also, I try to distinguish by either saying speed mod (for primary) or speed set mod (for sets). Mod sets and mod primaries are not connected in anyway. Possible mod primaries are determined by the shape of the mod. I've got a pretty decent bit about mods in the second post. Top right mod is the only mod that can have speed as primary, but you can have other mods with speed secondary, and these are really, really important. Who goes first usually determines who wins. It's pretty sad, actually. I'm in favor of removing secondary speed from mods, because it distorts the meta that much. Speed set is +10% base speed, so it's not actually that important...for most heroes you're just getting +10 to +14 speed, whereas a primary gets you 30, and a secondary gets you anywhere from 5 to about 20 (very rare).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 20, 2016

imantor
Jan 17, 2004
Odds are I hate you!
do any of the guilds have space for a humble goon?

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Not being able to get EP in any way right now really makes me not like this meta. At least with "speed mods", I can farm mods and try to get caught up even as FTP. "Wait a year and hopefully you can win" just isn't making me happy.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Plo Koon has dispel on his basic, very good clone synergy and AoE offense down. On paper he looks really solid but, sadly, he is slow and a Jedi, and clones are mostly P2W and weak anyway. That said he is still a Jedi so after I max Kit Fisto itīs his turn :)

If I were a whale though I would totally want to try out Anakin(L), Fives, Rex, Echo, Plo Koon team.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

It's 30% crit chance for droids and jawas with crit chance down for 3 turns upon landing a crit on a target.

Have you tried running 47 (L), 88, 86, Jawa Engineer, B2? If that team is maxed I simply can't beat them. They ability block my STHan (and everyone else), remove all buffs with B2, and instantly kill my Rey or QGJ. It's a complete nightmare and also pretty awesome.

Well looks like b2 is my next stop then. That will give me a 2nd full team for use of oh gently caress off situations. Pair that with my phasma(l), rey, Biggs, gqj, fives, rg team to get me to start clearing the again.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I know Cad Bane is held in low regard, but given how easy he is to rank up, would he be passable just to round out a Scoundrel team? I've currently got:

Lando - 7* 80
Chewie - 6* 80
STH - 5* 80

with

Boba Fett - 5* 63
IG88 - 4* 58

Needless to say, I can't quite take the final tier of the credit heist. Would I be better off just getting Boba and 88 to 80? I know Boba considered lackluster as well though, and 88 is in line behind Ackbar for my arena shards so is still a little while off.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Wintermutant posted:

I know Cad Bane is held in low regard, but given how easy he is to rank up, would he be passable just to round out a Scoundrel team? I've currently got:

Lando - 7* 80
Chewie - 6* 80
STH - 5* 80

with

Boba Fett - 5* 63
IG88 - 4* 58

Needless to say, I can't quite take the final tier of the credit heist. Would I be better off just getting Boba and 88 to 80? I know Boba considered lackluster as well though, and 88 is in line behind Ackbar for my arena shards so is still a little while off.

Honestly, finish STH before Ackbar. If you max STH and Lando, they will carry you through the event. Also, STH is the premier F2P tank (for now), so you want him maxed anyways.

Also, Cad Bane is not worth the credits you have to put into him. Don't forget, it's ~2 million to 7* and ~5 million to level. It's easy enough to get his stars, but even then he barely helps you get through the event, not to mention everything you have to put into gear and abilities. Just...don't. Please. Listen to someone who did. He is an absolute sack of poo poo, and will not help you with this the way that getting STH to 7* will.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Alright, no space cowboy for me then; thanks!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Wintermutant posted:

This the saddest thing I've had to say to anyone in a few days. I was really excited when CG said they were buffing Cad...and then...he still sucked. He's probably the coolest character in Clone Wars, and they made him one of the worst heroes in this game. Probably not as bad as Ugh, Ur, or Plo, but he's close to that category of suck. I have him at 7* 74 G7 and I'm still running STH, Lando (max), 88 (7* 80 g9-10), Chewie (6* 70 G8) and Dengar (6* 80 G8). The one excuse you would have for running Cad is that his leader gives scoundrels Dodge and TM on dodge, but I've run the heist a few times with him lead vs without him lead, and I didn't see a difference in dodge rate. Yes, this is a VERY small sample size, so you can't actually conclude anything by it, but I think that his dodge leader ability isn't working, because why would it? It's not like they've solved this issue before.....

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Credit heist is back up! If you're still building a team make sure your focus is on STHan and Lando. If you're looking for a 3rd I highly recommend IG-88.

xyigx posted:

Well looks like b2 is my next stop then.

B2 is even used outside of droid teams. He seems very versatile. Much like JKA, he doesn't taunt but cannot be ignored. I often see them paired together with Palpatine and Lando. With so many high priority targets it's difficult to assess an optimal kill order because everyone is going to give you problems.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I have a maxed cad bane and the fucker is a glass cannon with no potency. Also slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Wintermutant posted:

7 star g9 lvl 80 space cowboy reporting in. You are doing the right thing. He just never gets better his damage and health are still lower than my 76 6 star dengar.

^^^^ hmmm ok so lando, ani, palpy and b2 who is the last monster to put in a aoe team using these guys? I feel like a taunt is needed but I can't think of anyone with aoe and taunt.