Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

My girlfriend also plays Destiny. I get to gently caress and be a giant nerd. :quagmire:

My girlfriend played the first mission when the game came out, said "this game sucks" and never played it again

She's way smarter than me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
1312. Not bad

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
854 hours. I only bought the game in January

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It was something like 1800 hours. Not like I had anything else to do

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

deadwing posted:

My girlfriend played the first mission when the game came out, said "this game sucks" and never played it again

She's way smarter than me

Whats her coding like?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

hitchensgoespop posted:

Whats her coding like?

Well, not to rub it in, but maybe I'm doing something right :smuggo:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

deadwing posted:

Well, not to rub it in, but maybe I'm doing something right :smuggo:

But is she way younger than you like whoa

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

575, 1h deleted. I honestly thought it'd be way higher, but hey, this gives me an excuse to keep sucking at this dumb game.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty sure the xbox has a way to see the total amount of time you've had the game running but I'm not sure where it is now.. it used to be when you were comparing your achievements against someone on your friends list.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

You guys can add 4 whole days of playtime before the expansion releases.

This is a no subtle way to remember people that the release is 4 days away from now, and raise some hype.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wasn't excited about RoI but then Tei said something -- Game informer, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

Pretty sure the xbox has a way to see the total amount of time you've had the game running but I'm not sure where it is now.. it used to be when you were comparing your achievements against someone on your friends list.

Its in the achievements section again. MS took it out for a long time and it came back with last major update to the OS.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

I wasn't excited about RoI but then Tei said something -- Game informer, 2016

4 Days, 18 Hours & 26 Minutes

I will collect engrams, I have very few stuff in that way. I am underleveled and will be more useful to me initially.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Ok I am super excited to punch people even more now. I played some PvP before but I was super terrible at it because it was so fast and I get stressed out very easily, this time I'll try and stick with it.

Here's the secret to enjoying pvp:

Pvp in Destiny is a raging dumpster fire of awful balance and terrible matchmaking with occasionally terrible lag.

Play with friends, alcohol, and never, ever take it seriously.

There's so much wildly broken stuff that's incredibly entertaining to abuse and kill people with, you can have fun even if you're going .5 every match (which you probably will if you're new).

And never pvp solo, that way lies madness.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Im just really excited for Eyes of Ryan.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
965 hours. Still under a grand :smuggo:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
poo poo, Tei blew my cover

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny went down for maintenance just now, but last time I checked I was around 1500 hours. Still no Necrochasm.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

At this point if you don't have necrochasm you might as well wait for the inevitable "we've taken this much loved weapon and updated it along with a new quest to acquire it!" because it's almost certainly right around the corner. Just need to wait for Bungie to be in a panic for some new content and dig it out of the attic.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

At this point if you don't have necrochasm you might as well wait for the inevitable "we've taken this much loved weapon and updated it along with a new quest to acquire it!" because it's almost certainly right around the corner. Just need to wait for Bungie to be in a panic for some new content and dig it out of the attic.

They're going to bring back the old raids with new upgradable gear. I can feel it in bones!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
FWIW Reddit is now convinced that is true because someone asked Chris Barrett about it and he didn't uncategorically deny it. It's like everyone forgets how PR works when there hasn't been enough outrage for too long.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Vex minatoaur...switch to second character....vex minotaur...switch to third character...vex minotaur...crank hog to completion...switch back to original character....vex minatoaur...switch to second character....vex minotaur...switch to third character...vex minotaur...do some useless household task...switch back to original character, repeat

Gonna be a sick loving 4 days

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
theres lots of minotaurs in the future but strikingly few centaurs

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
wasted on destiny tells me ive got 1560 hours, but the xbox says 2898. I knew i left the game in orbit while i wandered off and did other stuff a lot, but drat

(xxxy i compared with you to get this info, you're sitting pretty at 1775 actual hours)

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

FishBulb posted:

They're going to bring back the old raids with new upgradable gear. I can feel it in bones!
I wouldn't mind since the Vault of Glass armour sets looked great. The stuff from Crota all looked like something a twelve year old would make though.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Sylphosaurus posted:

I wouldn't mind since the Vault of Glass armour sets looked great. The stuff from Crota all looked like something a twelve year old would make though.

Hunter-bug was pretty legit

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The VoG raid set is the only raid set that doesn't look like poo poo. Ever since it's been bones and scrapyard finds.

From the looks of it the RoI raid won't be much better. It's all gonna be some dumb tron poo poo.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
New ToO gear is lit can't wait to be a giant glowy beetle teabagging newbs

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Hey

I like dumb Tron poo poo

Well, not Tron though. Either one.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

533h -223h deleted

lower than i thought

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
LitC/Rifled Uffern is disgustingly good in non meta games.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Choices of armour for ROI:

- New Conglormerate
- Tron
- Skyrim

They all look cool. But I wonder what abominations will result when people start mixing pieces from different sets.

Edit:

I hope the shaders will affect the Tron set, so it don't look like a bad tron cardboard cosplay. Some pieces may even be really cool combined with other stuff. IF shaders change it.

Edit2:

New weapons perks. They look good and useful instead of useless and highly situational. Are we going to see good perks, in Destiny?

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 15, 2016

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Sylphosaurus posted:

The stuff from Crota all looked like something a twelve year old would make though.

:hellyeah:

xzzy posted:

From the looks of it the RoI raid won't be much better. It's all gonna be some dumb tron poo poo.

:hellyeah:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
im still waiting on the Seinfeld Armor Set that comes with blue jeans and white tennis shoes

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I want warlocks to get the grunge armor set, torn jeans and an unbuttoned flannel. T-shirt with the Nirvana smiley face logo.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

I want warlocks to get the grunge armor set, torn jeans and an unbuttoned flannel. T-shirt with the Nirvana smiley face logo.

What do titans get like oversized hockey jerseys?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

What do titans get like oversized hockey jerseys?

I'd be cool with that.

Hunters get skinny jeans and thick rimmed glasses.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So not a single new item has been data mined yet? Nerds are slipping. We had entire quest chains before. Come on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

The VoG raid set is the only raid set that doesn't look like poo poo. Ever since it's been bones and scrapyard finds.

New IB gear looks great though, especially the Warlock set. I agree that the raid stuff is pretty meh with exception to VoG.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

im still waiting on the Seinfeld Armor Set that comes with blue jeans and white tennis shoes

But would it have the puffy pirate shirt?

• Locked thread