Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Unironically agreeing that those guys don't deserve a nice doggie like that bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

outdoor cats are bad for local wildlife :(

yeah I care about animals... BITCH.

I called you that as a term of endearment because of how much I love dogs :)

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

King Vidiot posted:

Unless you live in the country, an outside cat is not "your cat" it's just "a cat you feed when it's around". And it's going to die, either in the road or poisoned or shot by some crotchety rear end in a top hat.

e: Also yeah, "outside cats" within town/city limits will annihilate bird species. Don't loving keep your cat outside, but if you can't even manage that then at least get them fixed.

The magpies seemed to do just fine in their fatwa against my 21 pound murder machine, but I don't think corvids count as normal birds. Stripey (shut up, I named him when I was 7) was indoor/outdoor though. He'd lounge around and do adorable cat stuff and snuggle in with you at night and stuff, but some days he just felt like roaming around and playing with the neighborhood dogs or murdering rodents and poo poo. You could even whistle and call for the giant tabby bastard. Don't worry, we cut his balls off.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Pvt.Scott posted:

What if it was a super huge and expensive dog that also had multiple expensive chronic health issues and was poorly trained and becoming more prone to violent outbursts as it got older?

It'd be me or the fuckin' dog. She'd choose the dog obviously, because she would have shown the poor animal mercy long ago if she weren't being all crazy about her meat property.

It would be a Catch 22, though. Giving up the dog for me would be a terrible choice because I'm a retarded manchild, but keeping the dog would be a terrible choice that would drive away the last vestiges of human contact the woman would likely ever have, which is why she's making a decision between the dog and me in the first place.

There was a thread on a similar topic recently in E/N. This guy had two untrained dogs and they were causing issues in his new relationship. The girlfriend who posted the thread felt bad because the dogs were bothering her so much but she didn't want to be overbearing. The dogs were peeing everywhere and had the run of the place - they would wake her up in bed, jumping on her head while she was trying to sleep. Unlike most E/N stories, it sorted itself out in the end.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769523

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows

Shayu posted:

I have no grudge against dogs or cats but they are not appropriate to be kept inside. Whenever I have entered a home of a dog owner the furniture and floors were smelling like dog, the fur from the dog was everywhere. I assume the same with cats. Dogs and cats are unclean animals and should be left outside, they are animals and do not exist inside.

A good animal to be kept inside is a bird, they are very clean animals even in nature and should be kept inside to be safe from predator animals (like cats and dogs).

Lol a creature that shits everywhere and throws seeds around in a ten foot radius of it's cage and destroys anything made of wood it can get it's beak on is regarded as clean.

Edit: Also, feather dust.

Cerebral Mayhem fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 15, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I had a parrot. Birds are not clean.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Cerebral Mayhem posted:

Lol a creature that shits everywhere and throws seeds around in a ten foot radius of it's cage and destroys anything made of wood it can get it's beak on is regarded as clean.

Birds are remarkably clean because they are disposed to bathing and they revile filth, but they can make a mess so just take a minute to sweep up some seeds and discard some used paper lining and don't give them wood. So yes they are very clean animals.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You keep your birds caged 24/7 or you never owned any

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sperg alert weewooweewooweewoo

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Shayu posted:

Birds are remarkably clean because they are disposed to bathing and they revile filth, but they can make a mess so just take a minute to sweep up some seeds and discard some used paper lining and don't give them wood. So yes they are very clean animals.

I've had canaries, budgies and and a African Grey parrot. A dog or cat simply cannot compare to the mess. Even if you keep them caged all the time (which is especially cruel for a parrot), the feather dust will coat everything in your house.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

This thread isn't about nerds who have issues with that type of bird, but the nerds who have problems with the other type of bird that tends to get pretty upset about being locked in cages.

Usually. :wink:

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Birds move in 3 dimensions and freak me out. It's like wild new geometry flying at your face. Sorry if this offends anyone

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Travis343 posted:

Outside cats live on average 2-5 years before dying horribly compared to 12-20 years for inside cats, it's basically animal cruelty and should be illegal hope that helps

Wow no. Living the high lifw strutting around outside is waaaay more glorious than locking a cat in your apartment for your own selfish entertainment. Jesus christ you clown.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Some birds just want to watch the world burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXuF0BMtVVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzb71o5AKtU

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
It just a cat being inside a house, no reason to get angry about it.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

The magpies seemed to do just fine in their fatwa against my 21 pound murder machine, but I don't think corvids count as normal birds. Stripey (shut up, I named him when I was 7) was indoor/outdoor though. He'd lounge around and do adorable cat stuff and snuggle in with you at night and stuff, but some days he just felt like roaming around and playing with the neighborhood dogs or murdering rodents and poo poo. You could even whistle and call for the giant tabby bastard. Don't worry, we cut his balls off.

I had a huge cat who acted like a dog half of the time, he still had the independence that cats are known for but he'd do poo poo like go to the shops with people and come back with them, or if I went to a friend's place he would go most of the way there with me and then chill out nearby until I was on my way back however many hours later.

He used to gently caress with dogs and would occasionally leave us presents like headless pigeons, he also had a bit of a mean streak but he only took chunks out of other people and not me so it's ok, he was pretty much the best cat ever.

green chicken feet posted:

There was a thread on a similar topic recently in E/N. This guy had two untrained dogs and they were causing issues in his new relationship. The girlfriend who posted the thread felt bad because the dogs were bothering her so much but she didn't want to be overbearing. The dogs were peeing everywhere and had the run of the place - they would wake her up in bed, jumping on her head while she was trying to sleep. Unlike most E/N stories, it sorted itself out in the end.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769523

People who don't train their dogs are loving idiots who should have them taken away, people with small dogs are the worst offenders because seem to think their dogs can't do any harm even if they're being super aggressive and constantly challenging other dogs.

Back on topic though, some of the trollposts on the incels subreddit are great.

I'm not entirely sure that these guys are joking though.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Wait wait wait, what the gently caress is a "gymcel"? Is that fancy autistic robot speak for "someone too lazy to exercise ever"?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I wouldn't have an outdoor cat near a nature preserve or some poo poo, but every place I lived with Stripey, while it was suburban housing, either had large open fields, plenty of woods, or in Vegas, desert directly adjacent to the house. My cat came back with a few dead rattlesnakes in the City of Sin. :hellyeah:

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Birds are like toddlers that can fly. :dings: :devil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpgVL0hisCk

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Wait wait wait, what the gently caress is a "gymcel"? Is that fancy autistic robot speak for "someone too lazy to exercise ever"?

Guys who work out but still can't get laid because they're still awkward or creepy shitters.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm on the front page of the newspaper posting good rap songs and even better jokes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__u-zds7w6U

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"Nice" people regardless of gender see their pets as immaculate and beautiful, rarely understanding that is just the way said pet appears to them. Your opinions on animals are wrong. Pays to remember that.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

Guys who work out but still can't get laid because they're still awkward or creepy shitters.

That was Carrot Top's entire shtick after he stopped doing the 1-800-CALL-ATT commercials.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

lohli posted:

I'm not entirely sure that these guys are joking though.

Antinatalism is the exact opposite of everything incel. Hell, I've been volcel for about seven years now because I decided it would be best not to have any romantic relationships or accidentally father any children while I was getting sober and trying out psych meds and poo poo. I didn't want to bring my giant raft of problems into somebody else's life until I had stuff at least manageable on my end.

Still not going to have any children even though I'd like to. I can't support them currently, financially, emotionally or physically. I've been thinking about maybe looking for love since I've been stable for a good while now and have successfully been able to handle some personal crises and one manic episode that I identified quickly, reported to my docs and got things adjusted until it passed in a pretty mellow fashion.

Lol at incels trying to look cool by claiming voluntary celibacy.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Pvt.Scott posted:

This thread isn't about nerds who have issues with that type of bird, but the nerds who have problems with the other type of bird that tends to get pretty upset about being locked in cages.

Usually. :wink:

Where does feather dust fit into this?

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

nerd plus rage posted:

Where does feather dust fit into this?

I love to play starcraft and mass clone zerglings :D

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I didn't know there was a term for it but the few "volcel" people I've known in my life so far were chill and sure as poo poo didn't spend half their waking hours talking about lack of sex.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The broccoli as conspiracy thing was parody, right?

Right??

That poo poo is delicious and gives you gas only compared to a diet completely free of dietary fiber.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

superjew posted:

I didn't know there was a term for it but the few "volcel" people I've known in my life so far were chill and sure as poo poo didn't spend half their waking hours talking about lack of sex.

Haha, I only refer to it as volcel because of the ridiculous internet manbabies that call themselves incel. I have no idea if anyone else uses that term.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Yeah that one was parody, also farts are cool.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

lohli posted:

Yeah that one was parody, also farts are cool.

Now sharts, however...

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

phasmid posted:

"Nice" people regardless of gender see their pets as immaculate and beautiful, rarely understanding that is just the way said pet appears to them. Your opinions on animals are wrong. Pays to remember that.

Yeah, I love my pets, but all pets are filthy by nature and take work.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Ancient Chinese secret

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Redmanred posted:

Ancient Chinese secret

On the downlow. The best.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Redmanred posted:

Ancient Chinese secret

The friendzone is a Chinese Government conspiracy!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont have much porking with my wife anymore

We are more like friends without benefits now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

Zzulu posted:

I dont have much porking with my wife anymore