Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

evilweasel posted:

hey man endie was in illum for like half a decade and still didn't know what that command did or how it worked

hey I knew *what* it did I just never could remember how to use it and had to ask people every time, or amuse the illum members by flailing around with half a dozen attempts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

goninzo posted:

Funny you say that...

I found that out from a divorce attorney I dated.

Every once in a while I look her up on FB and you can actually track the progress of her soul being crushed in her profile photos. It's pretty horrifying.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
"Treating our allies well" turned into "Letting them walk all over GSF line members"

case in point was the CO2 super scam in which you not only ignored your own critical rule about outside super sales but then tried to punish the person who brought it to light

poo poo went poorly after renaming it the Imperium, which I will take the time now to reiterate is a dumb gay name that needs replaced with something that's not so pubbie tryhard

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003
Mein gott, each page of this thread has at least 6 different hypotheses why Goonswarm 2016 sucks and where it's gone wrong at various points in the past.

Figure out the underlying reasons why your active top-tier FCs of this past year are best known for their efficient ratting and 99% of everything gets fixed.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
or you could sit back and enjoy the poo poo parade without chiming in with your own brand of insane retard

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

also if you want a laugh read the "thetans why is nobody active after we tried making you rat in venal and pureblind instead of deklein" thread

how did no one in leadership who had them deploy there see that coming

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Enthusiastic Ratting is the proper term.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Fix Lag posted:

also if you want a laugh read the "thetans why is nobody active after we tried making you rat in venal and pureblind instead of deklein" thread

Under fozziesov, we will just power project into pure blind like we did before! To the adm mobiles!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fix Lag posted:

Sometimes I feel I miss out by not being able to read that squad sub-forum. Like when I spent the entire catpiss saga asking who the hell catpiss was.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Fix Lag posted:

I joined Theta by mistake - I assumed it was more like what GS ISK actually is. But I stay in Theta because I love hearing about people losing ships.

Also, the redheads.

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="464291957"]
Mein gott, each page of this thread has at least 6 different hypotheses why Goonswarm 2016 sucks and where it's gone wrong at various points in the past.

Figure out the underlying reasons why your active top-tier FCs of this past year are best known for their efficient ratting and 99% of everything gets fixed.

I don't remember which person you are again please remind me.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
hey Reverand do you like CD?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dreamin' posted:

Under fozziesov, we will just power project into pure blind like we did before! To the adm mobiles!

loving never stop posting.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
My favorite times in this game was flying with European Goonion with Mister Vee, Domi, and Akasha. I think the writing was on the wall for Goonswarm 2015 after European Goonion went inactive.

PL is the closest I've come to in my time with EG. Show, get frags, go home. Sometimes kill some supers and titans. You know, chill Internet Spaceships. I cannot recommend that move enough. Even if you get branded a traitor for doing an AMA to counteract the spin of a "media empire".

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Baculus posted:

I don't remember which person you are again please remind me.

He's a bitter ex from 2010. Stay tuned to the thread for the current generation, and possibly the future!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

you know it's a posting cta when penifsmash crawls out of the dumpster

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

goninzo posted:

My favorite times in this game was flying with European Goonion with Mister Vee, Domi, and Akasha. I think the writing was on the wall for Goonswarm 2015 after European Goonion went inactive.

PL is the closest I've come to in my time with EG. Show, get frags, go home. Sometimes kill some supers and titans. You know, chill Internet Spaceships. I cannot recommend that move enough. Even if you get branded a traitor for doing an AMA to counteract the spin of a "media empire".

What loving spin?

You had a pretty public meltdown. And then you went and jumped on a soapbox to Reddit where you we're obviously testing how far you could join in the "gently caress goons" chant (for approval? idk) without permanently closing the door on rejoining GSF.

I guess you assumed it wouldn't be obvious and further exacerbate things after your episode of acute bad brains?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Endie posted:

hey I knew *what* it did I just never could remember how to use it and had to ask people every time, or amuse the illum members by flailing around with half a dozen attempts

I was more referring to your wild accusations when you left that vicki was spying on bat supers because we were going to murder them all when if we wanted to do that we would just use the locate command that could tell us exactly where each one was via bat's api

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Just read the pl.pl thread about the posting CTA so I'm posting :justpost:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i believe that then you claimed you actually knew that but were watching that api closely to make sure we didn't do that because you were one step ahead of us, but somehow didn't notice the api getting polled every 6h or so because that's what the goonfleet api system does with every corp api because that's how any api system is supposed to work

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Massasoit posted:

Just read the pl.pl thread about the posting CTA so I'm posting :justpost:

:same:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Baculus posted:

What loving spin?

You had a pretty public meltdown. And then you went and jumped on a soapbox to Reddit where you we're obviously testing how far you could join in the "gently caress goons" chant (for approval? idk) without permanently closing the door on rejoining GSF.

I guess you assumed it wouldn't be obvious and further exacerbate things after your episode of acute bad brains?

Yeah. Kismeteer. Brosef. I have the utmost respect for your good handling of newbies, but you manufactured your bad blood situation like a master craftsman of stupid.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

goninzo posted:

stfu, nah you was cool, also Endie. We should remember the good times. This poo poo seems so pointless, but people come and go. There are still people in GSF I would trade without a doubt just for you guys to come back.
I don't care about loving opinions or Pokemon Go or whatever. I bet every second gently caress in PLs leadership has SA account the same way as Waffe people do and here we are :poop: ing in this thread.
Even that PLs game style is very appealing to a kill whore like myself, I believe that Eve Online will die sooner than GSF if this faggotry from :ccp: will go on.

:gbs: is better than reading this

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

goninzo posted:

Funny you say that...

hi creepy dude maybe you shouldn't go i know things about those personal matters ask me ask me oh god won't someone ask me

facultas
Jan 2, 2004

No design, no conception.
All this "writing on the wall" and "Goonswarm is dead" and "where Goonswarm went wrong" posting prompted me to go hrm and actually look at dotlan for the first time in ages.

Over 16k members and sov in 79 systems, huh. Not sure what the rush is to hammer in words on this particular tombstone is, things can't be that bad.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

facultas posted:

All this "writing on the wall" and "Goonswarm is dead" and "where Goonswarm went wrong" posting prompted me to go hrm and actually look at dotlan for the first time in ages.

Over 16k members and sov in 79 systems, huh. Not sure what the rush is to hammer in words on this particular tombstone is, things can't be that bad.

you'd think with us being so dead that such a large amount of effort spent trying to tear the organization down could be spent better elsewhere

especially after we lost WORLD WAR BEE in utter defeat, permanently ending the threat we caused to content

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

facultas posted:

All this "writing on the wall" and "Goonswarm is dead" and "where Goonswarm went wrong" posting

Okay like three different people have come in here referencing this vague condescending posting but gently caress me I must not have been paying attention.

Is this just another reference to Endie?

I mean like five pages ago he was defending Hendrick so I am not sure that Endie alone warrants this much current and former director attention.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Baculus posted:

current and former director attention

what

how does the attention of a "director" mean anything

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

facultas posted:

Yeah your right, this year was great, and there's no room for introspection at all. Thank you for showing me the way.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

honestly I think a little of the posting is suddenly having nobody to fight for the first time in like 6 months so all that aggression is popping out in posting since there's no resistance left in delve to get it out on

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
poo poo's going p. well for GSF. Vegas is going to be obscene.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

what

BECAUSE CLEARLY ONLY ILLUM MATTERS QUERNS AND NOW THERE ARE SO MANY IN THIS THREAD I FEEL LIKE ALMOST SPACE IMPOTENT OR WHATEVER

NO WAIT ITS THE STAR CHAMBER

NO WAIT ITS THE SEX CHAMBER

Also people are chiming in the first time in 100 pages to respond to Endie, and I'm disappointed that it takes being defensive on what is basically home turf to read posts by people I want hear more from.

gently caress stop being so defensive.

e: editing to put a quote in is awful.

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

Glory of Arioch posted:

you know it's a posting cta when penifsmash crawls out of the dumpster

except I'm not wrong

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Glory of Arioch posted:

you've got my attention now bb :wink:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="464293270"]
except I'm not wrong

Guys I'm gonna tell you about daily life in your loving alliance I was once a part of years ago.

Trust me, your leaders are off krabbing like a bunch of kibutzniks on adderall, ya dig?

Please do not verify my vague and baseless statement to discover within three posts that I am completely full of poo poo and probably stupid too.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

facultas posted:

Numismancer posted:

poo poo's going p. well for GSF. Vegas is going to be obscene.

:staredog:

really not helping your case against the "disconnected directorate" charge

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah your right, this year was great, and there's no room for introspection at all. Thank you for showing me the way.

i mean, no one's denying we got our sov rolled and bounced out of the northern territory we occupied for six years in a fairly embarrassing fashion, that's just plainly evident

(and this next bit is gonna read as hella bitter and tinfoily and it's absolutely biased because of when it happened and how i personally influenced our response, but drat it, it's how i feel)

but given that the game was modified, specifically using our coalition and its flavor of strength as a template, to directly undermine the underpinnings of our strength, and then a force of warm bodies 50% larger than we ever were at the peak of our power (not to even mention how atrophied we'd become due to years of peace) and bankrolled far more strongly than anything we had, descended on us, the fact that we scooted out from underneath with our coffers, supercapital force, and membership largely intact is pretty much a miracle, and I dare anyone to do better

"use a level of force that is absolutely unable to be contested in any meaningful way" is what got us to the King of poo poo Mountain status in the first place, and i don't for a moment deny hostiles the credit they're due for employing the strategy we pioneered against us writ larger than we ever did, it was an excellent piece of work

i dunno, i just can't feel completely bad about the outcome given the circumstances, unfavorable as the outcome was

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

facultas posted:

Not from me, anyway: I think GSF is in a much improved place, are better off without the fcons and the SMAs*, and have a good crop of junior FCs coming through for the first time in years. I also imagine that GSF and much-despised PL will probably work together to knock down the new nc that is rapidly coagulating in the north, as I've said a few times in this here fine goons in space thread. A lot of things *went* wrong but by all accounts they seem to be improving again recently.

*pre-emptive "and the bats"

Pretty rad dad pad
Oct 13, 2003

People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are. Philistines!

goninzo posted:

Yeah, I loved being in EG and getting that sort of thing delivered to me too. I can't, in the end, really feel anything but contempt for jumping ship to go chase that high, though - it just feels so completely selfish. You know, "ok, I've used up this host, better go toss this whole community, structure, thing, whatever I spent half a decade building up aside just like that". I dunno, maybe I'm weird for feeling invested enough not to do that; obviously a lot of people in EG didn't, considering the endless frothing rage about subhuman pubbies etc there was towards the end.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Baculus posted:

Okay like three different people have come in here referencing this vague condescending posting but gently caress me I must not have been paying attention.

Is this just another reference to Endie?

I mean like five pages ago he was defending Hendrick so I am not sure that Endie alone warrants this much current and former director attention.

i would much rather read this stuff than elsa/daco/dunfunny random whitenoise bullshit any day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Orange Red Bull posted:

i would much rather read this stuff than elsa/daco/dunfunny random whitenoise bullshit any day

dont forget yourself

• Locked thread