Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Schwa posted:

I was just about to post about how it's not enough

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

chitoryu12 posted:

"Don't put cheese on your food! Put yeast on it instead!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgt0GvXHUZk

It should surprise no one that I have hippie friends and family, and they all swear off honey because honeybees are an apparently invasive species where we live. I'm sure it's only a matter of days before they start burning down all the neighbourhood bee hives that people built to combat the issue with neonicotinoids.

Honestly the best lifehack to remedy the situation is just to destroy all humans.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
No, because that would give cats free reign.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Vegemite tastes like a paste made from garbage-water and salt. It is bad.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Vegemite owns

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

It should surprise no one that I have hippie friends and family, and they all swear off honey because honeybees are an apparently invasive species where we live. I'm sure it's only a matter of days before they start burning down all the neighbourhood bee hives that people built to combat the issue with neonicotinoids.

Honestly the best lifehack to remedy the situation is just to destroy all humans.

What, precisely, is the issue with neonicotinoids that bees can combat.

I'm too lazy to google, and wish for you to do all the heavy lifting here. TIA.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm good with this

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

flosofl posted:

What, precisely, is the issue with neonicotinoids that bees can combat.

I'm too lazy to google, and wish for you to do all the heavy lifting here. TIA.

Neonicotinoids might be causing Colony Collapse Disorder. It's the hives, not the bees, that are combating it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNX4P1MrLN8

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

No I have not guy who sits alone in his darkened kitchen making videos of himself eating bananas.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A lifehack that is stupid on purpose for a change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9Pz1c-Mec

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

As if I'm going to take advice from someone who opens their banana from the stem end. :smuggo:

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

rydiafan posted:

As if I'm going to take advice from someone who opens their banana from the stem end. :smuggo:

I take it this has been brought up in this thread already, right? Who the hell decided that that's the "right" way to peel a banana? I have a feeling that was only spread around to see what idiots would dig their nails into the round end of the peel instead of grabbing the very obvious handle on top and pulling down.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I do it the life hack way when I have acrylic nails on because I'm afraid I'll ruin them

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Hardcordion posted:

Who the hell decided that that's the "right" way to peel a banana?

i think that's how monkeys do it and since they are banana eating experts* someone decided thats the right way

* like your mom! hey-o!

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Hardcordion posted:

I take it this has been brought up in this thread already, right? Who the hell decided that that's the "right" way to peel a banana? I have a feeling that was only spread around to see what idiots would dig their nails into the round end of the peel instead of grabbing the very obvious handle on top and pulling down.

I'm a dirty degenerate who started opening bananas from the bottom. I tried it and found it just simpler and easier than peeling from the stem. You don't have to dig into it, just pinch and peel. Opening from the stem requires you to actually break the peel at a relatively strong point.

Anyone who does it because "that's how monkeys do it" is an idiot though. Monkeys just tear into it from the side or wherever, because they're animals and not some wise banana gurus from ~nature~.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Hardcordion posted:

If it's an obvious handle then you should hold it to eat it :colbert:

I don't give a poo poo how anyone eats bananas

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LogisticEarth posted:

Opening from the stem requires you to actually break the peel at a relatively strong point.

Jesus christ.

It doesn't require you to pinch anything so it's obviously superior though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Butt Ox posted:

If it's an obvious handle then you should hold it to eat it :colbert:

I don't give a poo poo how anyone eats bananas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UIThICPEY8

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

She just said the hierarchy of needs before discussing how to be the most bougie gently caress in the world.

Eat the loving rich.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

LogisticEarth posted:

I'm a dirty degenerate who started opening bananas from the bottom. I tried it and found it just simpler and easier than peeling from the stem. You don't have to dig into it, just pinch and peel. Opening from the stem requires you to actually break the peel at a relatively strong point.

Anyone who does it because "that's how monkeys do it" is an idiot though. Monkeys just tear into it from the side or wherever, because they're animals and not some wise banana gurus from ~nature~.

Yes, I've seen Chimps just straight up bite into the side of a banana, monkeys and apes are in no way experts on eating a fruit that isn't even normally a part of their diet. That'd be like watching a jaguar to see the correct way to eat a giant panda.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kwyndig posted:

That'd be like watching a jaguar to see the correct way to eat a giant panda.

One bite at a time?

:rimshot:

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Jesus christ.

It doesn't require you to pinch anything so it's obviously superior though.

You're probably tying your shoes the wrong way too.

Really though, I phrased that poorly. The top of a banana is "strong" but not in a way that requires any special effort. Rather, the peel is thicker and can have a habit of breaking at an odd or annoying point (too high, too low). The bottom just breaks more consistently.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LogisticEarth posted:

Really though, I phrased that poorly. The top of a banana is "strong" but not in a way that requires any special effort. Rather, the peel is thicker and can have a habit of breaking at an odd or annoying point (too high, too low). The bottom just breaks more consistently.

Life hack: VELCRO-FASTENED SHOES

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

LogisticEarth posted:

Who could ever care about this what the gently caress

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

I'm secretly an agent of Satan, trying to turn you away from the convenient pull-tab at the top of all bananas, which is proof of Creation's intelligent design.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Waci posted:

The amount looks right but it's spread too unevenly, there's obviously visible lumps and the corners are ungooped.

It's the proper amount if you're just trying Vegemite though. That poo poo is way too potent for an inexperienced palette.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Paladinus posted:

A lifehack that is stupid on purpose for a change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9Pz1c-Mec

Spot the dickbutt.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Here dumbasses y'all've been wrong this whole time an you didn't even know it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcy-nipyTEQ

Hack this motherfuckers.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Just loving eat the banana however you want, it just turns to poo poo in the end anyway

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

LogisticEarth posted:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

It always bugged me that he essentially just shoves the banana in his mouth rather than really eating it :mad:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Life hack: VELCRO-FASTENED SHOES

Where does the meat go

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bobby Digital posted:

Where does the meat go

In

Me

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

Hack this motherfuckers.

Exclusive? What the hell does that even mean?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

Hack this motherfuckers.

that move is so hot that he literally had a fire extinguisher in the middle of the floor

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I think we should imitate the banana pros: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39I9xrf9iRU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

rydiafan posted:

Exclusive? What the hell does that even mean?

Means he wants none of y'alls poo poo up in his poo poo. Very exclusive him.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Someone grab Arnie's shotgun reload move from Terminator 2 and edit in a banana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Most of the LIFE HACKS in this list are, in fact, (bad) recipes.