Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol of course it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
nothing wrong with that

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Is Last Surprise the battle theme? Because I like it. A lot.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Levantine posted:

Nope

https://soundcloud.com/user846289367/p5-battle-theme

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Levantine posted:

yes

this is Last Surprise

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Firebert posted:

this is Last Surprise

I searched youtube for last surprise and some weird rear end guitar solo started up, wait a second...

oh it was some troll video, alright then

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Terper posted:

I searched youtube for last surprise and some weird rear end guitar solo started up, wait a second...

yeah finding youtubes that are accurate, ripped from the game, or even just not a fan-made thing is surprisingly hard

there were rips from the tokyo tower event that i liked to listen to and i can't for the life of me find them anymore

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Firebert posted:

yes

this is Last Surprise

That's awesome and make me really happy. Can't wait til February!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Terper posted:

Kamen Rider Drive is a good cop and he'd probably help Joker fight the big problem and deal with the corrupt investigators but then arrest them cause they did break the law.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
A couple more questions, if ImpAtom or someone else playing the Japanese version will indulge me:

Is dungeon crawling all done at night? If so, are there other things to do during that time like grinding social stats/specific Social Links that you'd want to do instead? I'm trying to figure out how much incentive there is to do the memento dungeons when you're in between plot events, or if it detracts from your progress in other areas.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

A couple more questions, if ImpAtom or someone else playing the Japanese version will indulge me:

Is dungeon crawling all done at night? If so, are there other things to do during that time like grinding social stats/specific Social Links that you'd want to do instead? I'm trying to figure out how much incentive there is to do the memento dungeons when you're in between plot events, or if it detracts from your progress in other areas.

Dungeon crawling is done during the day, you visit your hideout and then go into the dungeon (again, as far as I am.). So far I haven't been able to go out at night but that may change soon. Instead I can use the night to craft items for dungeon crawling.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Huh, I assumed that with the heist aspect it would be done during the evening period. That puts it in even more direct conflict with working on Social Links and the part-time jobs and so forth, correct?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

Huh, I assumed that with the heist aspect it would be done during the evening period. That puts it in even more direct conflict with working on Social Links and the part-time jobs and so forth, correct?

I'm still pretty early on so i can't give a 100% answer (and I'm working so I can't play right now) but yeah, it's 'do you hang out with Ryuji or do you do a dungeon."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I want to hang with Kamoshida, he's a swell dude

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Welp, stupidly forgot to save because I wasn't having any trouble, ran into an enemy who got a lucky critical and oneshotted my MC. Thaaaaat's SMT.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there any info there or you notice that's a non-party member romance link?

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Got p3 fe and I'm playing it for the first time. Any tips or things I should be aware of? And is Orpheus like my stand and always stick around or can/should I fuse him?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

SylvainMustach posted:

Got p3 fe and I'm playing it for the first time. Any tips or things I should be aware of? And is Orpheus like my stand and always stick around or can/should I fuse him?

Orpheus will be obsolete pretty quickly so yeah, go ahead and fuse him into better stuff.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Cool thanks

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

There's a special fusion that uses Orpheus that won't become available until literally the last 30 minutes of the game. You can buy him back from the Compendium for that one.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You can get the special fusion involving Orpheus in the last 30 in-game days, quite a bit before the end of the game.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SylvainMustach posted:

If you're going for a full SL run you will need a guide since there's less free time vs P4. Remember to save often before going in the dungeon because you never know you could die from a lucky hit.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

You can get the special fusion involving Orpheus in the last 30 in-game days, quite a bit before the end of the game.

Ah, okay, I misremembered when Judgement maxes out.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is SMT IV (not the new sequel) still the best starting point for this series? I only have a Wii U and 3DS but I don't mind emulating old fan translated games if it's worth it.

The dark philosophical religious theme and the twisted demon art design intrigues me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is SMT IV (not the new sequel) still the best starting point for this series? I only have a Wii U and 3DS but I don't mind emulating old fan translated games if it's worth it.

The dark philosophical religious theme and the twisted demon art design intrigues me.

The best starting place if you have a PS3 is Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. It's a PS2 Classic available on the US (and I think EU?) PSN.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

nothing wrong with that

"Please don't talk about our game"

They're even removing videos that are just the collector's edition soundtrack from youtube, what a joke.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
they're trying to not let people to spoiled. it's not like they're doing it out of spite, since videos will eventually start be allowed to be uploaded once the game gets a bit older.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

they're trying to not let people to spoiled. it's not like they're doing it out of spite, since videos will eventually start be allowed to be uploaded once the game gets a bit older.

... what? I can't even begin to think how you think this makes sense.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Does it not? Isn't it like how movies with twist endings would be all "please don't spoil the endings to people who haven't seen it yet. thank you."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think you think Atlus cares more about the consumer's experience than actually do, just fyi

Also they're not removing videos so people don't get spoiled otherwise they wouldn't be removing soundtrack tracks that come on a sampler soundtrack

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 16, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
idk Atlus seems like a decent company. They did that stuff for PDAN and PQ too and now videos can be found. I don't know why you think Atlus is some kind of spiteful company that isn't going to let people share videos of their game forever.

Baal posted:

Also they're not removing videos so people don't get spoiled otherwise they wouldn't be removing soundtrack tracks that come on a sampler soundtrack

Music isn't the same as gameplay/plot videos.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Because they intentionally put a region block in one of their games and intentionally delayed another by a month for its us release despite it on all fronts having been finished and exploited P4 to the point it had well become tired. There's also removing the devs from the developmental process of DAN, but I don't think we're ever gonna know the reason for that, so I can barely count that. They're not the devil, but acting like they're doing this in your personal interests is stupid.

Tired Moritz posted:

Music isn't the same as gameplay/plot videos.

Yeah, so it's especially unacceptable that they're removing those. Also removing gameplay and plot videos is stupid in general, acting like people aren't allowed to talk about your game because you don't want them to be spoiled or whatever horseshit they're doing it for is ridiculous and other companies get immense poo poo for it whenever it happens so saying it's okay when Atlus does it also stupid.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We could also mention the general inability to give a poo poo about their European fanbase, but I'm honestly not sure how much of that is a factor in Atlus' responsibilities and how much of it is just EU publishers not caring.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't see how much all that has to be do with telling people not to spoil their games. Yes, I agree that there might be an financial motive but is it unfair to assume that they might also want to have their players that can't buy/play their games day 1 to not be accidentally spoiled?

It's not liking they're banning live streaming or reporting posts on forums.

I know you're upset about some of Atlus's practices but I don't really understand how Atlus's inability to localize games for Europe have to do with them telling their Japanese players not to spoil the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't see how much all that has to be do with telling people not to spoil their games.

It's evidence that they don't actually care as much about you as literally any other game dev.

Tired Moritz posted:

It's not liking they're banning live streaming or reporting posts on forums.

They literally banned live streaming of the game on PS4, what are you talking about?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the comment about spoilers was a snipe, not an actual criticism because literally no other company does it because it's loving stupid to tell people to not talk about your game and they only ever do it for Persona.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Baal posted:

They literally banned live streaming of the game on PS4, what are you talking about?

Oh my bad.

Yes, I agree that Atlus might have ulterior motives but I, in my personal opinion, believe they might be trying to prevent the casual player from being spoiled. You want to believe that they are solely doing it from their own personal benefit and I can't object the possibility of that, but even then I don't find it necessarily the worst thing that they could be doing. In comparison with other game companies, is it necessary that bad? You know eventually the first week hype will die down and videos will be eventually uploaded so I don't think it's fair to construct Atlus as some overly selfish company that's like "gently caress you, Persona fans. No P5 videos for you."

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Baal posted:

Also the comment about spoilers was a snipe, not an actual criticism because literally no other company does it because it's loving stupid to tell people to not talk about your game and they only ever do it for Persona.

reverse psychology, duh

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And that's a fair position to take, but I think one week of taking down videos and then letting them go up is stupidly pointless, especially when they don't do this for any other game series except Persona. I don't think they're outright malicious, but it is a dumb thing to do that any other company would get massive poo poo for from its fans. Meanwhile this will at most get some snipes on twitter and then people will go back to not caring and when P5 comes out in America, Atlus USA will not take down videos because they see why it's a bad thing to do, just like they did with all of the other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can't believe Kramer is a persona.