Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawk
Mar 31, 2013

im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Tesseraction posted:

man whore for a guy with a cute av you sure are a gross poster

I made such gross posts as
"You shouldn't pretend people in the second poorest state deserve it because they might be racist"
"You shouldn't hate muslims because they might be homophobic"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Man Whore posted:

How do you feel about muslims in the middle east? They hate gay people so they deserve to be droned right?

I believe in drone strikes for all religions my friend

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This Coates article is pretty apropos with some of the dumb things said in this thread earlier today

quote:

Hillary Clinton made a claim—half of Donald Trump’s supporters are motivated by some form of bigotry. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic—you name it,” she said. “And unfortunately, there are people like that, and he has lifted them up.” Clinton went on to claim that there is another half—people disappointed in the government and economy who are desperate for change. The second part of this claim received very little attention, simply because much of media could not make its way past the first half. The resultant uproar challenges the idea that Breitbart lost.

Indeed, what Breitbart understood, what his spiritual heir Donald Trump has banked on, what Hillary Clinton’s recent pillorying has clarified, is that white grievance, no matter how ill-founded, can never be humiliating nor disqualifying. On the contrary, it is a right to be respected at every level of American society from the beer-hall to the penthouse to the newsroom.

The comment was “a self-inflicted wound” claimed the Washington Post reporter Dan Balz. “It was very close to the dictionary definition of bigoted,” asserted John Heilemann. My colleague Ron Fournier and the Post’s Aaron Blake were both taken aback by the implicit math of Clinton’s statement. “Clinton appeared to be slapping the ‘racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic’ label on about 20 percent of the country,” wrote Blake in a post whose headline echoed that of the Trump campaign manager’s website. “That's no small thing.” Whether or not it was a false thing remained uninvestigated.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/they-are-all-breitbart-now/499511/

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Am I the only one that used to really enjoy South Park but then when I was longer 17, I realized it actually kind of sucks and puts forth generally terrible arguments?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
tell us about spherical cats. i think we could all use a bit of cheer today

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Man Whore posted:

It was a joke about bougie being the dumbest shortening of a word ever

excellent joke, friend

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
beer-halls you say....

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

MariusLecter posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/776468893456035840

“The FDA Food Police, which dictate how the federal government expects farmers to produce fruits and vegetables and even dictates the nutritional content of dog food,”

As someone who works in Regulatory (not for food though) the silver lining of a Trump presidency is having even more free time at my job. We do a bunch of EU-focused stuff too and when that falls apart it'll be smooth sailing (lol jk this job is hella boring and I will be gone long before that happens)

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Am I the only one that used to really enjoy South Park but then when I was longer 17, I realized it actually kind of sucks and puts forth generally terrible arguments?

No but younger

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

same

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Man Whore posted:

I made such gross posts as
"You shouldn't pretend people in the second poorest state deserve it because they might be racist"
"You shouldn't hate muslims because they might be homophobic"

hmm, yes

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQueaSlvjCw

:drat: playin all them greatest hits

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

If you're interested in a tutor, I could recommend you to Mr. Loogan. His methods are...unorthodox, but he's one if the best we've ever seen."

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Shageletic posted:

Hmmm?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_African_Americans#World_War_I

WWI black vets coming from home from the front was responsible for a lot of the Civil Rights progress before the 60s.

oh so even my joke was wrong, I learned something today

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Man Whore posted:

I ain't never saw bougie in no french dictionary

actually it is a french word

it means 'candle'

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

paranoid randroid posted:

tell us about spherical cats. i think we could all use a bit of cheer today

I would but I didn't buy this avatar, it was an excellent troll by a friend of mine

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Got it. He's gutting the food regs so when he goes "It's got loving electrolytes!" he doesn't need to include a tiny This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA disclaimer.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mordiceius posted:

yeah I think a lot of people go through that

the recent yaoi episode was loving hilarious tho

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

yep

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MariusLecter posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/776468893456035840

“The FDA Food Police, which dictate how the federal government expects farmers to produce fruits and vegetables and even dictates the nutritional content of dog food,”

I think this is the end of Trump's momentum.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
Maybe the arzy crew needs some left-wing Scott Adams to latch onto?

Let's say your Godzilla working for the Hillary campaign. You realize the next big inflection point of the election is the debates and you can see the expectations game is already being set to where your opponent will be praised as long as he can string 2 full sentences together. You've been attacking your opponent on his unfitness, his disrespect for voters, pretty much most attacks you've tried by now. How do you beat the expectations game now? Well let's look at who has the lowest expectations of Hillary, boy the alt-right thinks she has cancerzheimers and Ben Garrison is drawing comics of H governing from a hospital bed. Wouldn't it be great if we could simultaneously set Hillary up with a major handicap prior to the debates, as they think she has, while simultaneously encouraging the alt-right to get increasingly vocal after talking about "deplorable" Trump supporters?

Also, you've spent months casting Putin as a behind-the-scenes operator trying to harm your campaign and less than 2 months before Hillary's collapse the Times posts it's huge expose on the Russian habit of poisoning opponents. Then a respected medical professional puts the idea that Hillary was poisoned out there in the most professional-sounding "just-asking-questions" way possible.

You may see Hillary drop further in the polls between now and the debates, but just remember that the longer that's true the more the "horse race" demands a Hillary debate win.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Man Whore posted:

I would but I didn't buy this avatar, it was an excellent troll by a friend of mine

thats a strange troll, but, hell, ill allow it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

me too ;-*

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A hip update of an old classic

https://twitter.com/superdeluxe/status/688408675531239424

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Vladimir Putin posted:

if only this username/post combo would happen in real life

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Vladimir Putin posted:

"This'll get him for sure this time!" -Kasich like 8 months ago

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mordiceius posted:

Cartman went from being the shows biggest joke to being the show, the fanbase, and the creators

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah, that's around the age you should realize it's not important for your entertainment to reflect your ideology 100%.

The show is the same as it's always been, mostly dumb but with a couple hilarious episodes per season.

The video game was p good.

This has been my opinion about South Park.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its really an amazing policy especially when you considered that he's afraid of being poisoned by his food

Consistent, though, since he can probably afford his own food tasters and he doesn't give a poo poo about anyone else.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/cher/status/776465741662924801

Same

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vladimir Putin posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Your entertainment media doesn't need to map to your political ideology but at the same time it shouldn't suck.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i just realized how much "USA Freedom Kids" sounds like a DVD youd find in a cardboard box at a flea market. an Armenian woman tries to extort you for $5 in exchange for it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Zelder posted:

I feel like if you end up in the Alt right "lonely hearts nazi club band" it wasn't because the diffuse left called you a white Devil

but what do i know

I do know a few people who are sympathetic to Trump (if not the alt-right) because of the excesses they perceive in "sjws." By which I mean they spend too much time obsessively hating fringe people on tumblr who say things like "kill all whites" or "down with cis." It's my understanding that GBS people are like that but I never go there.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

the only part of this I don't understand and agree with is why he's ham toilet instead of regular toilet at the beginning there

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/776507567065403392

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Yet again cher is so fuckin right

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jewel Repetition posted:

I do know a few people who are sympathetic to Trump (if not the alt-right) because of the excesses they perceive in "sjws." By which I mean they spend too much time obsessively hating fringe people on tumblr who say things like "kill all whites" or "down with cis." It's my understanding that GBS people are like that but I never go there.

It's the responsibility of young people to be insufferable for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Awww shucks did i miss the virtue signalling. Ive got hella virtue to signal: for example i've been eating hella carrots lately

• Locked thread