Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes if there's something Destiny players love, it's visiting a website to get the game's story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

xzzy posted:

Yes if there's something Destiny players love, it's visiting a website to get the game's story.
But isn't Destiny basically just an interactive website?

Makes you think.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

FishBulb posted:

Brilliance 3.2 has been transmitted to me

Congratulations, it's space aids

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FishBulb posted:

Brilliance 3.2 has been transmitted to me
That's the buff and they have different names

They're tracking it here http://planetdestiny.com/rise-iron-arg/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Crows Turn Off posted:

But isn't Destiny basically just an interactive website?

Makes you think.

It really is, so much of the game is accessed through their API really the only reason we need a console is to actually shoot the guns we get.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

The Meat Dimension posted:

Sweet now I can poz somebody's space neg hole

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Yet again Bungie fails to learn anything from Blizzard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

Yet again Bungie fails to learn anything from Blizzard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident

Could make a game mode around this.
Space AIDS can only be transmitted through a thorough teabagging of someone's ghost, so stick together and get that revive or else.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

xzzy posted:

:perfect:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Deej just tweeted the owl site isn't theirs, so that's that

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Roman posted:

The Owl site is theirs, the Owl twitter is a fake.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Roman posted:

bungie.net isnt actually bungie. weve been fooled all this time

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Roman posted:

https://twitter.com/RadicalMemeMan/status/776523582776176641

he tweeted that the twitter account isn't theirs fool

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/s5TLOts.gifv

SNIPER RIFLES SUCKKK

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They usually work better if you aim them at your target.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Anyone interested in running some Prison of Elders around 5:30 CST? I need another 45,000 points on my scorecard to complete my year 2 record book!

PSN is Dongfrenzy if you're interested.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Hardflip posted:

he tweeted that the twitter account isn't theirs fool
oops

so it looks like those owl sector records will open depending on the number of people that get infected with the corresponding aids halo?

i humped some infected in the tower and havent caught anything yet

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I have a shader with green and a green chroma on one armor piece to match it, likely coincidental/not having anything to do with my contracting that color AIDS. Happened after I got tag-teamed, AR then sidearm kill. :shrug:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Vidmaster posted:

Anyone interested in running some Prison of Elders around 5:30 CST? I need another 45,000 points on my scorecard to complete my year 2 record book!

PSN is Dongfrenzy if you're interested.

I'll add you and do this. Im sadboys

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

according to reddit you can get it from or pickup or crucible kill of infected players. the log on the site said it started on the dust palace and is now everywhere, and to talk to ikora about it?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How do I get the thing

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

according to reddit you can get it from or pickup or crucible kill of infected players. the log on the site said it started on the dust palace and is now everywhere, and to talk to ikora about it?

Hmmmm. Ikora had no input, ran Dust Palace strike and returned to her but nothing still. Suppose I'll be patient, give some Reddit spergs time to crack the case.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The exotic machine gun perks apparently give a higher initial rate of fire and more accuracy the slower you fire

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
One of the new perks is incendiary rounds and it has the same effect as lighting rounds on Thunderlord so Firelord confirmed.
Edit: oh and there's null rounds too so 3 of them I guess.

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 15, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

i just did that new secret room on mars glitch and that siva fragment you can collect has a swarming glow just like the buff, except it's red

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I have GLORY 2.1 and BRILLIANCE 3.2 on my character screen after doing the dust palace out of the director - both buffs show up and read "brilliance 3.2 / glory 2.1 have been transmitted to you. Increased XP and reputation gains for the duration of the transmission"

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Call of Cholula posted:

I have GLORY 2.1 and BRILLIANCE 3.2 on my character screen after doing the dust palace out of the director - both buffs show up and read "brilliance 3.2 / glory 2.1 have been transmitted to you. Increased XP and reputation gains for the duration of the transmission"

You should fireteam with me tonight and poz me

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Emron posted:

You should fireteam with me tonight and poz me

Poz your neg hole in a 6 man

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They did an event with added rep gains to gently caress worn people who were edging rep :tinfoil:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45223/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--09152016

-Link your Twitch account to your Bungie account

-Patch on Monday to address film grain, re-nerf revive timers

-ROI unlocks 2AM PST on September 20th

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well that's a useless feature because only losers have twitch accounts.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I have a twitch account

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45223/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--09152016

-Link your Twitch account to your Bungie account

-Patch on Monday to address film grain, re-nerf revive timers

-ROI unlocks 2AM PST on September 20th

cool now it'll be easier for streamers to carry people to the lighthouse for ~roses~

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Stopped playing shortly after hardmode king's fall came out, and only popped in again for a few days right after sparrow racing ended. I'm getting back in for Rise of Iron now. What should I be doing to get ready? I'm not at the light level cap yet, but I suspect that, like the last few expansions, I can safely ignore that for now because I'll get gear that's better than the current best as drops and vendor sales right off the bat. I assume I should save up legendary marks. Is it worth it to save engrams? I don't remember if saved engrams decoded into new or old gear for the last expansion, but even if they don't yield new content, they could push my cryptarch level up if I mass decode them the day of, right?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
You seem like a very casual player, so don't bother doing anything special to prepare. Just play it when it comes out and then check out again afterwards

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The PAX footage of the new strike was at level 38 so don't worry too much about being able to play or at least get started playing.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I tried playing again yesterday and while I felt like I was maybe a bit better than OK when I was heavy into it, god drat have I gone rusty. Like I can't even remember how to fight vex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The game keeps giving me tonnes of free DLC items and even one to trick me into instantly becoming level 25. What is a sunbreaker and is it a mistake levelling up striker if I want to be one later? Also I tested out my AoE attack and accidentally vaporised a wizard which owned.

• Locked thread