Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

If they had pulled that kind or participation when defending their old space...

EDIT: More importantly, did it survive?

they actually did but no one showed to help them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

maybe dont tell people to gently caress off in the one forum that's frowned on

People still haven't figured out the gf.com forum rules in tyool 2016?

:justpost:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

maybe dont tell people to gently caress off in the one forum that's frowned on

C'mon dad I didn't say it was undeserved now did I? No I didn't.

Also obligatory hello to penifsmash, posting allstar, who has graced us with his presence.

stale meme dot png fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 15, 2016

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Who the gently caress changed the model to my beloved Griffin!?

I actually like that the ECM ships now look like an actual electronic warfare ship might.

But they hosed with my angry laser croissants :( I need to check if the Raata skin still makes the Executioner look like an A-wing.

Glory of Arioch posted:

stunt had been in FCON's space killing their ratters and demanding ransom, as is his predilection, but FCON was screaming especially loudly because of it and even told their guys not to rat at all last weekend

The FCON tears stunt has been sharing are amazing. Also the guy who self destructed his freighter today and claimed he turned a profit on insurance.

Baculus posted:

I found that out from a divorce attorney I dated.

Every once in a while I look her up on FB and you can actually track the progress of her soul being crushed in her profile photos. It's pretty horrifying.

Totally OT but I used to work with a guy who was married to a lawyer at one of the top divorce firms in the country.

She caught him cheating and forgave him. He learned nothing. :psyduck:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

He should drop 2 today.

Then 3 tomorrow etc.

Also mittens sorry about the divorce. :rip: Citizen Rat. :smith:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
That sucks. Divorce is a real pisser.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Numismancer posted:

If TSC ever leaked all it will expose is my sex life, which doesn't matter now because I got a divorce: again a boring explanation for my being quiet the past couple of months.

As someone who has met you both, my sincere sympathies. Divorce sucks.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

is this a "mouthpiece" or "a person in the directorate that I liked"

legit question, no snark intended; i'm trying to figure out what a "mouthpiece" does and i'm not coming up with anything

I'm sorry I missed this post. Back in the day outside of the verbal SOTG's which really only happened at the onset of a war, Endie was responsible for a fair number of the alliance updates and posting the war updates which by and large was the closest thing your average line member came to interacting with a director, outside of say "The common oik" directors like Arkhamina or Kismeteer. He was also one of the more prolific "Posting" directors which is to say, we interacted with him far more than someone like say Sion. For those following along with how humans form relationships "The guy I know" is an awful powerful thing when it comes to buying basic credibility.

This leaves people like me at a bit of a quandary, is the guy who used to give me all of my news and engaged with me, and was generally entertaining an evil power grubbing bastard? Is the Mittani an evil scheming bastard out to destroy anyone who disagrees with him? Both of those ideas sound kinda stupid so I'm going to split the difference and assume both sides had good points, and distinct visions of what the future should hold that conflicted to the point where they didn't respect eachother any more. Which is sad.

I feel a lot the same way about kismeteer, he was a really swell guy who didn't handle things well, and it's all turned him a bit bitter and broken about the whole thing.

I don't hate anyone involved, nor can I possibly see summoning up the energy TO hate anyone involved. I mean there's one ex director I have legitimate game related beef with, but if I met him at the bar I'd still buy him a pint, because we still have more in common than not.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Carth Dookie posted:

He should drop 2 today.

Then 3 tomorrow etc.

Also mittens sorry about the divorce. :rip: Citizen Rat. :smith:

i dont think a divorce means anyone died

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="464301082"]
they actually did but no one showed to help them

Don't think unironic drakes count in not 2011

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

i dont think a divorce means anyone died

Citizen Rats posts in the eve threads actually helped humanize Mittens, and it was always fun to watch her fact check someone who should technically know better. For both their sakes I hope the divorce was relatively clean, and not some acrimonious poo poo festival, because if divorce is soul draining, that kind of thing just shreds it.

Sunber posted:

Don't think unironic drakes count in not 2011

My eyelid just twitched slightly there like I had a insane tic or something. Thanks for that.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
With penif, el mitones and endie all posting this close to each other I'm wondering if maybe this can be the friendship thread again and old grudges can be set aside and everything will be like it was before. Someone needs just produce an olive branch and we'll all be basking in the afterglow of their rekindled love for each other for months if not years.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Daco Vato posted:

With penif, el mitones and endie all posting this close to each other I'm wondering if maybe this can be the friendship thread again and old grudges can be set aside and everything will be like it was before. Someone needs just produce an olive branch and we'll all be basking in the afterglow of their rekindled love for each other for months if not years.

I'd honestly love nothing more than a "You made mistakes but it's been a stressful year, all is forgiven, come back home" thing to happen provided there was an Ordo Garr exclusion. I really like happy endings, in both massages and stories.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I've heard of people having amicable divorces before but I've never actually seen one happen. Like Bigfoot - or polyamory where one party doesn't get jealous.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Daco Vato posted:

Umm penif went grr goons before mittens even took over from dj.

Edit: my divorce was amicable-ish. She got the cats. Still wouldn't want a repeat.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

feedmegin posted:

Umm penif went grr goons before mittens even took over from dj.

Edit: my divorce was amicable-ish. She got the cats. Still wouldn't want a repeat.

I'm aware - I'd just like to see folks I like getting along at least and not taking non-joking jabs at each other for a change.

For the record, my divorce was a nightmare. My ex tried to ruin my life and it cost me about 50K sixteen years ago. Needless to say the last sixteen years have easily been the best of my life.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
My ex used to joke about which of us broke up more marriages.

And that is as close as I get to marriage, period.

Though women usually won't find that out til about 4 months in and then it ends abruptly.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Baculus posted:

My ex used to joke about which of us broke up more marriages.

And that is as close as I get to marriage, period.

Though women usually won't find that out til about 4 months in and then it ends abruptly.

sorry that all the women you know arent down with mgtow

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

its rough out there for the independent man these days

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/more-vegas-info-the-eve-vegas-2016-alliance-prize-draw/

quote:

In addition to this, we have a further selection of player speakers who will also be joining us to give presentations:

Marc Scarus - EVE Media
Rahne Chocolate - Streaming & Community Involvement
Scooter McCabe - Scamming in EVE
:frogsiren:Darius JOHNSON - A Practical Guide to Building an Empire in EVE:frogsiren:

:eyepop:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

not everyone can manage to create a 100 man renter alliance you know, there's a lot of pubbies for whom that's the dream

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

not everyone can manage to create a 100 man renter alliance you know, there's a lot of pubbies for whom that's the dream

Yeah it was pointed out in jabber and I've spent the last five minutes having a good guffaw.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I thought the last nine or so pages were really interesting and it's good to have detailed posts to read from some of the GSF guys. Especially Mittani because until now he's only been someone I read about in a book!

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Oh fozzie's gonna be there? Time to roll up on vegas with the homies skrrt skrrt

Just kidding I have no homies.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Seems like a good panel, I've heard of neither of the media people so they must know what they're talking about. Scooter's scamming presentation should be fun though :v:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
rhymepopanonymous, we're having a discussion about actually EVE stuff and indulging in the latest happenings in a positive way and you want to talk about me twice.

Just making sure we're both cognizant of this.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sunber posted:

Seems like a good panel, I've heard of neither of the media people so they must know what they're talking about. Scooter's scamming presentation should be fun though :v:

Pretty brave to put an actual human face to that. Odds on at least one person in the room is a victim of his little games.

I hope it gets recorded. I'm hella curious.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

Pretty brave to put an actual human face to that. Odds on at least one person in the room is a victim of his little games.

They record all the panels if I'm not mistaken.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Morris posted:

Totally OT but I used to work with a guy who was married to a lawyer at one of the top divorce firms in the country.

She caught him cheating and forgave him. He learned nothing. :psyduck:

Probably she was turned on.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Rhymenoserous posted:

Citizen Rats posts in the eve threads actually helped humanize Mittens, and it was always fun to watch her fact check someone who should technically know better. For both their sakes I hope the divorce was relatively clean, and not some acrimonious poo poo festival, because if divorce is soul draining, that kind of thing just shreds it.

:agreed:

Citizen Rat always came across as chill and down to earth and I wish her well.

Mittens, no matter what else you want to say about him EVE related just seems like a great guy to have on your side and extremely talented at managing the realities of situations where perceptions and politics intrude in a negative way.

It's really a shame he's not working in the national security world in some fashioon - talent like his is really needed. Unfortunately, the bureaucracy is such that he'd spend years climbing the ladder and having his talent wasted anyhow, so if anything at least he's accomplishing rubbing the nose of the CIA and the NSA and a number of other agencies what they hosed up in not attracting people like him.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kiryen posted:

Probably she was turned on.

my reading was he cheated again and got destroyed

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

If they had pulled that kind or participation when defending their old space...

EDIT: More importantly, did it survive?

FCON was always good at defending THEIR space which was part of the problem. Outside of that they would send hurricane fleets.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

FCON was always good at defending THEIR space which was part of the problem. Outside of that they would send hurricane fleets.

Oh yeah that's right. I remember tib ranting about it.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

my reading was he cheated again and got destroyed

:same:

Mostly because lol cheating is a habitual behavior and divorce attorneys will gently caress you relentlessly.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Carth Dookie posted:

"Capsuleers, get Scooter McCabe's tips and tricks to scamming months before the panel reveal ruins them! Use these little known techniques before EVERYONE knows them! Send 1 billion isk to William Ruben with the subject line Scooter's Sneak Peak and I will send you his powerpoint I hacked off his home PC. ACT NOW before these secrets are all over high sec!"

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Baculus posted:

:same:

Mostly because lol cheating is a habitual behavior and divorce attorneys will gently caress you relentlessly.

never not get hosed relentlessly

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

"Capsuleers, get Scooter McCabe's tips and tricks to scamming months before the panel reveal ruins them! Use these little known techniques before EVERYONE knows them! Send 1 billion isk to William Ruben with the subject line Scooter's Sneak Peak and I will send you his powerpoint I hacked off his home PC. ACT NOW before these secrets are all over high sec!"

Oh my god.

Scooter if you don't run this thing as one big conference scam where you literally walk in and talk about the glories of your program and let everyone know that for just ONE BILLION isk you can get the PDF version of this scamming guide e-mailed to you I will literally think less of you as a person.

I mean at least start with that as a good joke.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Also content: Apparently one of the horde hangers on groups Pwn N Play is having a meltdown on reddit right now if anyone wants to go post ironic ~cracks forming~ stuff. They got set red and their supercaps rape caged.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

Also content: Apparently one of the horde hangers on groups Pwn N Play is having a meltdown on reddit right now if anyone wants to go post ironic ~cracks forming~ stuff. They got set red and their supercaps rape caged.

can you link the loving thread I dont want to find it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
asher I don't know if I told you this but this is one of my favorite songs. There have been several imitations of the intro by other artists but they just fall short.

When's the next asher hour?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_yBUfMGvzc

• Locked thread