Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Elyv posted:

I don't know why not-Rhys the Redeemed makes such mean-looking tokens but oh well

He doesn't, there are two different x/x tokens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
isn't it obviously this one

or is this :thejoke:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zoness posted:

isn't it obviously this one

or is this :thejoke:

i forgot that card existed when i made my post, but yes it's clearly ol' tezzy making the mean looking token

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
If both those cards end up in the same constructed deck I'm going to intentionally use the tokens that go with the other card. Imagine how tilted my opponent will already be when I extend my hand for a handshake at the end of the match.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/meddlingmage/status/776478412944859136

I... don't think that's how Lunarch Mantle works.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

odiv posted:

https://twitter.com/meddlingmage/status/776478412944859136

I... don't think that's how Lunarch Mantle works.

Yea, doesn't it give the creature the ability?

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I don't know if there are lots of story buffs here among you, but, here's a thing I made. It's not perfect by any stretch and I'm not a graphic design wizard, but... it's nice I guess?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

This graphic is really messy, although I don't think you can do much about it. Also, Lili and Jace are opposed to Tezz and Bolas and Chandra should be opposed to Dovin.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You're also missing Urza and a whole bunch of other pre-mending walkers, but I assume that was intentional. It's a great graphic though.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'd use dashed/solid lines instead of thin/thick ones, because it's hard to eyeball relative thickness on a chart that busy

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Zoness posted:

:effort: but would definitely use

I took your thing and did a thing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo that's amazing

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Elyv posted:

This graphic is really messy, although I don't think you can do much about it. Also, Lili and Jace are opposed to Tezz and Bolas and Chandra should be opposed to Dovin.

Yeah, I wrapped it up before Chandra got into an argument with Dovin. I missed the Liliana thing, drat.

The Shortest Path posted:

You're also missing Urza and a whole bunch of other pre-mending walkers, but I assume that was intentional. It's a great graphic though.

Yes, that was intentional. Including pre-Mending PWs would have made it more of a mess than it already is.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

I took your thing and did a thing.

good poo poo my man :)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Wizards of the Still Coasting on the Success from 1993:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
just use cans of monster energy drink

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I'm bringing a sack full of 9-volt batteries as my energy tokens

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
A lot of people at my LGS are using Pokemon energy cards. As someone with access to the overflow stock of energy drinks that haven't been put into the fridge at the store, I'm debating grabbing a case of Amp and using those as counters.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Toshimo posted:

Hah, fitting. It would be absolutely hilarious if they forgot about it on MTGO as well since they've had a lot of issues with more recent items like conspiracy 2 cards on mtgo being pushed out until November, Kaladesh masterpieces have no immediate release planned for mtgo since they're not going to be included in Kaladesh packs.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
You only need one Energy Counter and a dice to set on it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Toshimo posted:

LOL this is insane.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, nice try wotc. I'm not getting tricked into using counterfeit cards.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Forgetting the marquee mechanic, nbd.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Toshimo posted:

This is a huge windfall for all the mtgfinanciers that were buying up pokemon energy cards last week

how the gently caress do you forget the marquee mechanic token?

Between that and the typo on the monarch token (I think?) I'm wondering what the gently caress is going on there.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

whydirt posted:

I'm bringing a sock full of 9-volt batteries as my menace keyword

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
The gently caress is this energy token poo poo? we pokemon now or what? Where my first editions at?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Saffron Olive's Against the Odds deck for the day: Modern Rat Tribal

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/against-the-odds-rat-lock-modern

It looks terrible and doesn't play Signal the Clans.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Mystic Mongol posted:

Alright, now we're talking!

That's exactly proliferate, just without using the keyword, right?

I hope this means Proliferate is in Aether Revolt and this just got bumped from one set to the other.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

I hope this means Proliferate is in Aether Revolt and this just got bumped from one set to the other.

proliferate is any number of things while this is one thing

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Entropic posted:

No, Proliferate is "each", not "target".

E:F,B

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Toshimo posted:

:lol:

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Well, if anyone out there does have the energy for it, I'm going to start another draft stream soonish, which, again, is for the Wizards of the Coast Extra Life charity event this Saturday.

Yesterday Bremz ended up winning the raffle and got a bunch of mythics on the cheap! Even if you hate charity, feel free to stop by anyway, and maybe we can work out some kind of downloadable charity token for you to use in the meantime.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Angry Grimace posted:

Saffron Olive's Against the Odds deck for the day: Modern Rat Tribal

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/against-the-odds-rat-lock-modern

It looks terrible and doesn't play Signal the Clans.

It actually did pretty well. I support Rat Lock and its endeavors.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Speaking of weird decks, has anyone put more time into that Valakut-Splendid Reclamation deck? Have a couple of un-used Modern decks and I could probably scrap them into what I need for the Valakut deck. It's probably a bad bet with all the GY hate out there though, right?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Speaking of weird decks, has anyone put more time into that Valakut-Splendid Reclamation deck? Have a couple of un-used Modern decks and I could probably scrap them into what I need for the Valakut deck. It's probably a bad bet with all the GY hate out there though, right?

It's somewhat consistent as far as assembling the combo goes, but its extremely fragile. It's not like dredge or something where you can get their graveyard hate off the table and start doing your thing again, if you lose a chunk of your graveyard it might be impossible to win. Doesn't care about cage much though.

If you have the pieces already it's probably worth trying for an fnn or something.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

E: that dwarf is in Ripley's construction mech from Aliens and I won't hear a word to the contrary

Elyv fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 16, 2016

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
This set's gonna be so fuckin good too draft

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

C-Euro posted:

Depends on what hate you see. Cage doesn't stop you at all. I've won through Rest in Peace because many decks that use it are also now using their graveyard (Nahiri.) Relic was harder, but I've won matches against it. I kind of turned the deck into a more value RG deck if I thought Relics would be coming in: Thruns, Thrags, Baloths, Finks. Just be more careful on your Assault/Loam parts because if there is a Relic there then each land is going to be thrown once.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Elyv posted:

E: that dwarf is in Ripley's construction mech from Aliens and I won't hear a word to the contrary

Hmm, so overall the power is higher than the toughness in this set. Thats a good sign. Also the overall P/T on the cards is much higher than normal. This looks like it's gonna be a high powered limited environment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

anglachel posted:

Hmm, so overall the power is higher than the toughness in this set. Thats a good sign.

It kind of has to be if all these Serv Bots are going to accomplish anything.

• Locked thread