Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dr Strange, huge jerk and counterfeiter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SomeMathGuy posted:

Of course he is, he's a casual metalhead.

(Source unknown)

A funny thing about that page, Joe Kelly forgot that at the time Superboy didn't know that Clark and Superman were one and the same. He joked about the reprimand he got from Carlin over it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Dr. Strange-- master of the mystic arts; failure of Economics 101.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
That's not actually a spell to create money from thin air. It's a teleportation spell that draws from the safety deposit box of one Steven Strange M.D.

Dude was a surgeon. He's not bragging that he can create dosh, he's bragging that he already has more benjamins than he knows what to do with. :v:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That entire issue is full of amazing panels. I think I posted the whole thing in the very first Funny Panels thread and got a probation for :filez:

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

I've never posted a tweet to this thread before, but..

https://twitter.com/Wil_Moss/status/761722399146532864?s=02

They're not surprised because that's probably not the first time Stark has used that excuse or exit strategy.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Apocron posted:

They're not surprised because that's probably not the first time Stark has used that excuse or exit strategy.

Or entrance, for that matter.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SynthOrange posted:

By the end of the third word bubble, I was reading this in Dr. Orpheus's voice. It worked out pretty well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Alright time to do the salute, everyone in a line!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

A funny thing about that page, Joe Kelly forgot that at the time Superboy didn't know that Clark and Superman were one and the same. He joked about the reprimand he got from Carlin over it.

If only there were someone who could oversee Kelly's work and edit as need be during the creative process.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SynthOrange posted:

I remember reading a comic featured in Wizard Magazine once years ago (I think it was called Holy Crullers) where a couple of superheroes are chatting over a meal and one asks the other why he doesn't just use his magic to create money. The magic-user replies,"These spells were created at the dawn of time, there wasn't much call to create small pieces of green paper with pictures of old white dudes and numbers on it!"

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I can't believe it took me this long to find out that Superman's favourite Metallica album is canonically Justice For All.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

(alpha particles are harmlessly blocked by human skin)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

SynthOrange posted:

It's like Chinese Water Torture cranked up to 11.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Bravo posted:

It's like Chinese Water Torture cranked up to 11.

Also, I'm sure they have a lot of alpha particles. They could crush him, or drown him.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

SynthOrange posted:

Alright time to do the salute, everyone in a line!

Those have got to be the most unflattering henchman costumes ever made

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

SynthOrange posted:

Honestly, we're lucky he didn't try gamma rays.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

In external doses, but they're just pumping his blood full of Polonium.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well this is an odd change to the recap page format, but I figure it could work.

The Unbelievable Gwenpool #6

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Oh cool, we're posting Gwenpool panels? Gwenpool is the best.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

qntm posted:

I can't believe it took me this long to find out that Superman's favourite Metallica album is canonically Justice For All.

I'm more a Ride the Lightning man but at least it wasn't Black Album (did that exist then?)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Superboy name drops it, so it must have been.

Also nobody liked electrical Superman.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

2011???? I thought the Silver Age was decades ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I adore the Gwenpool series but I'm really worried that it's going to get old really fast.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

2011???? I thought the Silver Age was decades ago.

Dan Slott's Spider-Man/Human Torch miniseries from the mid-00s. Each issue is at a different time from the 60s to the 00s. This was the end of issue 3 I believe. It's a solid series. At the end Torch learns Spidey is Peter Parker--which seriously somehow hadn't happened yet in the 616 at the time--and MJ, May, and the FF all start to have regular extended family gatherings. Oh and Torch legitimately bitches about how Peter has the "Parker luck" in that only good things seem to happen to him.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

Oh and Torch legitimately bitches about how Peter has the "Parker luck" in that only good things seem to happen to him.

Well yeah, haven't you heard? He won a Pulitzer! :D

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mind the walrus posted:

Dan Slott's Spider-Man/Human Torch miniseries from the mid-00s. Each issue is at a different time from the 60s to the 00s. This was the end of issue 3 I believe. It's a solid series. At the end Torch learns Spidey is Peter Parker--which seriously somehow hadn't happened yet in the 616 at the time--and MJ, May, and the FF all start to have regular extended family gatherings. Oh and Torch legitimately bitches about how Peter has the "Parker luck" in that only good things seem to happen to him.

Human Torch knew his Identity, just that he and everyone else on the planet forgot when Parker sold his marriage to Mephisto.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

WickedHate posted:

Well yeah, haven't you heard? He won a Pulitzer! :D

His wife is really hot too

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

I rescind every unkind thing I've ever said about the spider-car.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
How is he driving over the windows without breaking them?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That's the power of the spider-mobile.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

How is he driving over the windows without breaking them?

Proportional fine steering and weight distribution of a spider

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

Human Torch knew his Identity, just that he and everyone else on the planet forgot when Parker sold his marriage to Mephisto.

This took place before the selling of the marriage.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Rhyno posted:

I adore the Gwenpool series but I'm really worried that it's going to get old really fast.

Well, once nice thing about Gwenpool is that it's a series with a built-in expiration date. Once the next big thing comes along and shakes everything up, she's effectively out. RIght now she's coasting by solely on the fact that she knows all these "secrets", but comic book secrets only stay that way for a year or two. Her very premise only works with the status quo, so the author would have to be a complete moron to try and extend things past one short run.

That being said, it kind of is starting to turn already. I did not like #6 at all, I mean what fan is going to be stupid enough to try and kill someone to impress Spider-Man!?

Edit: Hell, and while I'm at it, what's with the lame-rear end copout that she didn't feel bad killing that dude because he's just a b-list character. She got so bent out of shape when "her" b-list character died that she asked frikkin' Dr. Strange to revive him, yet now she suddenly doesn't care about anyone that's not a hero? Hell, her entire argument for suspecting the dude was "he traveled universes with you, therefore he's important" but she immediately goes straight into "let's kill him because he's unimportant". It's so schizophrenic, it really rubbed me the wrong way.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 16, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Captain Bravo posted:

That being said, it kind of is starting to turn already. I did not like #6 at all, I mean what fan is going to be stupid enough to try and kill someone to impress Spider-Man!?

Edit: Hell, and while I'm at it, what's with the lame-rear end copout that she didn't feel bad killing that dude because he's just a b-list character. She got so bent out of shape when "her" b-list character died that she asked frikkin' Dr. Strange to revive him, yet now she suddenly doesn't care about anyone that's not a hero? Hell, her entire argument for suspecting the dude was "he traveled universes with you, therefore he's important" but she immediately goes straight into "let's kill him because he's unimportant". It's so schizophrenic, it really rubbed me the wrong way.

She could be going insane.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bobkatt013 posted:

This took place before the selling of the marriage.

I'm pretty sure the FF knew his identity for awhile before Civil War, all the New Avengers knew it from pretty much the start, and historically he's been closer to the FF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Rhyno posted:

That entire issue is full of amazing panels. I think I posted the whole thing in the very first Funny Panels thread and got a probation for :filez:

Got a source for me (or mama spank)? I love Booster/Beetle, and J'onn's obsession with Chocos never gets old for me.