Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
The mystery is how he seems to be painting at that same standard after so long. Surely he must get tempted to try a new technique from time to time? No? Ok then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Why improve what's already perfect though? Also how.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Well, if you are not aware that it's possible to get better, you won't, and experiments will only end in ruin.

Also, what's Doc Thunder?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

JcDent posted:

Also, what's Doc Thunder?

Actual answer: Poster back on Bolter & Chainsword who converted up a large army of Titty Marines/commissioned a -lot- of art of said Titty Marines. I can't seem to find any of the threads he started back on that board, I do remember he'd get hyper-defensive against any criticism and the mods had to keep locking his threads.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

SteelMentor posted:

Actual answer: Poster back on Bolter & Chainsword who converted up a large army of Titty Marines/commissioned a -lot- of art of said Titty Marines. I can't seem to find any of the threads he started back on that board, I do remember he'd get hyper-defensive against any criticism and the mods had to keep locking his threads.

I am literally laughing out loud at the pigtails. I can't stop, pls send help

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

SteelMentor posted:

Doc Thunder, as I recall. He had a shitload of those things, all with green stuff breasts.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Like, do you even read? I get that this is a thread to look at pictures. But still.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Than one is an actual parody, right? :ohdear:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

JcDent posted:

Than one is an actual parody, right? :ohdear:

if it is that dude has spent a huge amount of time and money on an army made of parodies

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

if it is that dude has spent a huge amount of time and money on an army made of parodies

It's like when 4chan created their own Space Marine chapter as a parody of dumb marine chapters and all the stupid cooldude fascist killman fanatics on places like B&S. And then of course the years went by and 4chan slipped from being libertarian leaning far left anarchist to libertarian leaning alt right douchebags and the irony slipped away completely and now places like /tg/ are full of people un-ironically flopping around their huge boners for fascism.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I liked the Green Tree Marines, or whatever it was one of us goons had a dream about. Someone once even painted up a couple

JcDent
May 13, 2013

YOU WILL NOT SULLY THE GOOD NAME OF ANGRY MARINES

4chan was left leaning at some point? It seems it's mostly racism mixed with cucoldry (which is sorta racist) and guys sucking their own dick over what a cool and novel idea it is to introduce industrialization into medieval fantasy settings

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A decade ago they enjoyed a lot more eat-the-rich with their smash-the-state leanings than they do now.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Iron Crowned posted:

I liked the Green Tree Marines, or whatever it was one of us goons had a dream about. Someone once even painted up a couple

I believe I painted a Deathwatch shoulder pad with their symbol, and also one with the SA grenade.

But I do remember someone did a whole squad.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

The Fighting Tigers of Veda are always an inspiration.

The inspiration is to actually shade your loving space barbies!

That guy sent in his homebrew codex to the Studio while I worked there. At the time, one of my jobs was to answer all the fan mail (which was all snailmail back then as we didn't even have an internal email system let alone any connection to the web) so I was the guy who had to tell him that no, we weren't going to make his Indian-themed Lady Marines into an official chapter. At one point he had my rejection letter on his website.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Are you Dirty Steve!?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Helen Highwater posted:

That guy sent in his homebrew codex to the Studio while I worked there. At the time, one of my jobs was to answer all the fan mail (which was all snailmail back then as we didn't even have an internal email system let alone any connection to the web) so I was the guy who had to tell him that no, we weren't going to make his Indian-themed Lady Marines into an official chapter. At one point he had my rejection letter on his website.

Now that time has passed, are you ready to accept and recognise your error in judgement?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Tell us more from the wonderful world that is letters from hams.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I love that the Tigers of Veda can't just be the Tigers of Veda. They have to be the Fighting Tigers of Veda. It makes them sound like a high school football team. The Fightin' Tigers! Go Veda!

I too would like to know more about the depths of ham fan mail.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

No Pun Intended posted:

Tell us more from the wonderful world that is letters from hams.

Yes, please :frogon:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

SteelMentor posted:

I once got a tau forgeworld model from someone I later learned was doc thunder. I seem to remember taking it apart and keeping only the forgeworld bits since even his tau crisis suits had huge tits. I should mention that I only learned about the giant-tiddy tau when I opened it, but even at the time felt it was something you should probably tell your potential buyer.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

I once got a tau forgeworld model from someone I later learned was doc thunder. I seem to remember taking it apart and keeping only the forgeworld bits since even his tau crisis suits had huge tits. I should mention that I only learned about the giant-tiddy tau when I opened it, but even at the time felt it was something you should probably tell your potential buyer.
How did it feel to brush with internet stardom?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

How did it feel to brush with internet stardom a stranger's fap material?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah...let's just say I made sure to clean the parts very well.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
LOL those female Cadians

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Crosspost! Think of this as life sized modeling, from Russia.

I love this little guy

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Wayback posted:

I love this little guy

Think you got the wrong thread. Awesome stuff goes in the other one.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Chill la Chill posted:

Was it held together with hot glue ?

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Wayback posted:

I love this little guy

Holy crap some of those costumes are amazing. But why no Lizardmen? Did they do a Google Image Search for Seraphon as well?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Chill la Chill posted:

I had a commission once where the dude sent me his guardsmen and one was a converted guardswoman with a high elf head and a pair of awful, giant, green stuff boobs. I popped them off and swapped the head and he never said anything when I sent him his stuff back. Granted this was before Victoria Lamb was doing her thing so there weren't really good options for conversions out there.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Skellybones posted:

LOL those female Cadians

Post links and or pictures, it's hard googlingg stuff on the phone. I only found a dakka dakka thread where someone said that people were too mean to dock thunder and he was the first one to push the limit or something.

What we really need are female wytches and daemonettes!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Wayback posted:

I love this little guy

I love the accordion orc. Should be an in game unit.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Wayback posted:

I love this little guy

Every picture in that gallery is wonderful.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

At least he's not an alcoholic like his father.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

JcDent posted:

Post links and or pictures, it's hard googlingg stuff on the phone. I only found a dakka dakka thread where someone said that people were too mean to dock thunder and he was the first one to push the limit or something.

What we really need are female wytches and daemonettes!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

gently caress, I remember those. Back when those showed up for the first time I got into an argument with some loving goons about how that's not even slightly how women look while wearing armour (ignoring the Planet of the Apes face).

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Wayback posted:

I love this little guy

These are very impressive, and there's so many participants!

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Fathis Munk posted:

I love the orccordian. Should be an in game unit.

FTFY

JcDent
May 13, 2013

That face :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Did they... Did they sculpt over a rebreather head? The little nozzles are poking out of her jawline.