Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
yay steve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

henkman posted:

A guy I used to train with in PA moved to florida and trains with the blackzilians now is making his pro debut tonight at Titan 41. Not that anyone else would really care but I think it's cool

That is cool and I agree with MP!

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

henkman posted:

yay steve

Awesome! good for him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
was it a cool ko?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Steve both did "it" and thanked his family what a nice young man

Fighter just described as "matrix like" probably due to being black and looking vaguely like Lawrence Fishburn

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Triangle

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Crocop is fighting Hyun Man Myung, the giant Korean boxer who got submitted by Mighty Mo in Korea

Excited for Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Baruto Kaito because that means one of them has to win aka possibly face Wanderlei or Cro Cop

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Augh dangit, my former training partner and friend from PA lost on the same card

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Apparently BAMMA still exists, and BAMMA just had to strip their middleweight champion because he missed weight by 14 pounds.

Also

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
From far away I though Wandy had a tattoo of Anton Lavey on his shoulder.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Always looked like Lenin to me but I can see that too

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I didn't know that geting off test would give you immediate dad bod.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
do you guys remember when royce gracie kneed ken shamrock in the balls twice? ken bent over at the waist groaning holding his nutsack and straightening up to scream HE DID IT ON PURPOSE!!! HE DID IT ON PURPOSE!! then eventually apologizing, only to have Royce basically admit in the post-fight interview that he did in fact do it on purpose is maybe my favorite non-ufc mma moment ever.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Le Saboteur posted:

From far away I though Wandy had a tattoo of Anton Lavey on his shoulder.

FPS Doug

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Sharzak posted:

do you guys remember when royce gracie kneed ken shamrock in the balls twice? ken bent over at the waist groaning holding his nutsack and straightening up to scream HE DID IT ON PURPOSE!!! HE DID IT ON PURPOSE!! then eventually apologizing, only to have Royce basically admit in the post-fight interview that he did in fact do it on purpose is maybe my favorite non-ufc mma moment ever.

Royce also didn't have his hands wrapped and won via strikes for the first time ever.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Team_q posted:

Royce also didn't have his hands wrapped and won via strikes for the first time ever.

He didnt need wraps cos he won by striking the balls and penis

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Sharzak posted:

Dada 5000 hittin' the ring like Mr. Sandman after Kimbo pushed him for the last time is my favorite, yours is my #2. It was the same night!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
PANCRASE :swoon:

https://twitter.com/Jolassanda/status/774902436376956930

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Sweet Death Valley Driver there

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

1st AD posted:

Sweet Death Valley Driver there

motherfucker wouldn't even sell for him though, went into business for himself.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Haha holy poo poo that's awesome

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

A friend of mine was talking about how he wished MMA was still the old, weird, style vs style thing it used to be and was sad those days were gone. I linked him to LobsterMobster's Ganryujima videos and he became much more happy. Thank you moat battlers, thank you Lobster.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

A friend of mine was talking about how he wished MMA was still the old, weird, style vs style thing it used to be and was sad those days were gone. I linked him to LobsterMobster's Ganryujima videos and he became much more happy. Thank you moat battlers, thank you Lobster.

It's weird that people feel this way since most of those fights were godawful.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It's weird that people feel this way since most of those fights were godawful.

If you're looking for actual MMA bouts sure, but it has samurai battles, instant KOs, and hilarious cheating Mongolians. It's a fun thing to watch with non-MMA fans.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Oh sorry, I meant early UFC fights.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Oh sorry, I meant early UFC fights.

Oh absolutely. I rewatched UFC 1-5 recently and you're super correct. People remember like Keith Hackney vs Manny Yarborough and SAFTA, not the 30 minutes of laying in guard.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Still not as bad as Ken Shamrock vs Dan Severn, a fight so awful it caused John McCain to ban UFC from a bunch ppv providers.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh absolutely. I rewatched UFC 1-5 recently and you're super correct. People remember like Keith Hackney vs Manny Yarborough and SAFTA, not the 30 minutes of laying in guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJsTv3ypGxI

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/776601423257673728

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

on one hand I'm sure Chael is doing this to get his mind off a tragic loss and Dana doesn't want him, on the other, lol

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Ah come on

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Chael vs King Mo in international waters is gonna be a trip

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wait - Sonnen was still with the UFC?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

fatherdog posted:

Chael vs King Mo in international waters is gonna be a trip

how about chael vs. tito

https://twitter.com/gregbeacham/status/776602312609374208

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

lmao

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

To call for the easiest fight which will pay him the most money is explicitly (and maybe even verbatim) Chael's MO.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/776605686834790400

confirmed

e: changed my mind, I very much want this

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I just opened & bookmarked this thread for the first time ever so I can follow my favorite drug user. I guess I like Fitch and shields too

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Scott Coker posted:

When we were signing him, Chael was adamant that he wants to compete in three divisions here. He already has unfinished business with Wanderlei Silva, but he also wants to fight guys like Tito Ortiz, Fedor Emelianenko and even Rory MacDonald at middleweight. These are all fights that I'd be very inclined to watch, so hopefully we can put some, if not all of these match-ups together starting before the end of the year.

lmaox2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

CommonShore posted:

Wait - Sonnen was still with the UFC?

USADA