Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

"they don't want you to do it," she says, with no irritation in her voice. apple doesn't want you to shuffle, so you can't shuffle. sounds like apple is turning us all into sheeple (sheep-people).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

the grammar snob app I linked earlier itt - you can be a condescending pedant in iMessage now.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

C.H.O.M.E posted:

the grammar snob app I linked earlier itt - you can be a condescending pedant in iMessage now.

its a loving genius use of the limited placement of stickers in iMessages

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

mishaq posted:

its a loving genius use of the limited placement of stickers in iMessages

it is the first one where I have been genuinely impressed by what a good idea it is

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

those stickers and the laser effect own

and slam

slam every message

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

You can upgrade to the best phone on the market today, the iPhone SE.

posts in this very thread suggest ios10 looks like a pos. I'm afraid it's a downgrade, friend.

edit: on the se

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 16, 2016

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

posts in this very thread suggest ios10 looks like a pos. I'm afraid it's a downgrade, friend.

ios 10 is really fast and good

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

eric posted:

ios 10 is really fast and good

ios 10 is very fast and good but messages.app is an abortion

loving everything about ios 10 except messages on the best iphone, the iphone se

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

according to that dumbass who holds a lighter to phones to test them for ??? the camera lens cover on the 7 scratches much more easily now

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just got an SE to replace my four year old 5. It's very needs suiting.

Tori has a lot of terrible opinions but he's 100% right about iphones.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

mishaq posted:

loving everything about ios 10 except messages on the best iphone, the iphone se

wtf the new messages is fun but different strokes. iOS 10 is so good though I just can't believe how fast it is on a 3 year old iPad Air.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's extremely fun to burn through your battery on animated swastikas. iOS 10 For The Win.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

pseudorandom name posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tfrWqGcsMg

it turns out that Microsoft's decision to show part of the next screen on the current screen in Metro is the correct UX

imagine being the company catching up to microsoft UI

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

GameCube posted:

(sheep-people)

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

GameCube posted:

it's extremely fun to burn through your battery on animated swastikas. iOS 10 For The Win.

what's wrong with the imessage updates? I think they're neat

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I mean if the effects are that annoying to you then don't use them

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

wow its almost like apple had to create a proprietary protocol because the "industry standard" is trash and this will invariably spur them in to dealing with the garbage latency of bluetooth. this is completely unprecedented and in no way parallels the lighting cable forcing the development of usb-c

Apple has done an amazing job with Bluetooth keyboard & mouse though, Microsoft pretty much gave up immediately and went proprietary protocol.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

mishaq posted:

same except the best iphone is the iphone 5

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Wild EEPROM posted:

same except the best iphone is the iphone 5

the 5 is good, a classic

came in the best color and can still be upgraded to iOS 10 (bless you timb)

but the se is the best phone ever made

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

loquacius posted:

so I was just typing the word 'butt' in every possible search box on my phone, y'know, like normal people do,

yes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

MrMoo posted:

Apple has done an amazing job with Bluetooth keyboard & mouse though, Microsoft pretty much gave up immediately and went proprietary protocol.

kind of like what apple are doing with aux -> lightning except this one is actually annoying.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what are the laser effects please tell me

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

My Linux Rig posted:

I mean if the effects are that annoying to you then don't use them

i like annoying other people with the effects, it's great

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

where the gently caress do you find stickers for imessage

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

the little four dots in the lower left corner brings up a list of the things you have installed and an App Store with only the iMessage apps in it.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

ah right i see

which ones are the good ones

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

it turns out that Microsoft's decision to show part of the next screen on the current screen in Metro is the correct UX

I'm the multiple people saying "do you have to... shake it...?" and then physically shaking their phones

GameCube posted:

"they don't want you to do it," she says, with no irritation in her voice. apple doesn't want you to shuffle, so you can't shuffle. sounds like apple is turning us all into sheeple (sheep-people).

later she would go home and post on the Internet about how shuffle mode is stupid and outdated and only huge nerds care about shuffle anyway

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

it took me 5 seconds to go from "where is the shuffle button" to "ah here is the shuffle button"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

holy poo poo, you have to loving scroll down in the music app to do things? what geniuses came up with this bullshit? thanks a lot, Einstein. sheesh

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

loquacius posted:

I'm the multiple people saying "do you have to... shake it...?" and then physically shaking their phones

later she would go home and post on the Internet about how shuffle mode is stupid and outdated and only huge nerds care about shuffle anyway

some iPods actually had this "feature"

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

ah right i see

which ones are the good ones

search for "butt"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GameCube posted:

why do people keep saying Apple has good UX again

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

loquacius posted:

interesting

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MrMoo posted:

the last time I tried to use an apple Bluetooth mouse it drained its battery in a day of inactivity. apple input devices are universally garbage so its not surprising they use fail rear end Bluetooth

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
shaggar is real dumb

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

loquacius posted:

*had

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GameCube posted:

ios had it up until ios 9. looks like they took it out.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lol here's what replaced the space the headphone jack used to take up in the hugephone 7

a plastic sound guide.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Shifty Pony posted:

lol here's what replaced the space the headphone jack used to take up in the hugephone 7

a plastic sound guide.

as in, a thing for sound to bounce off of to make it come out of the speaker better for that ((( (( ( IN STEREO ) )) ))) experience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

loquacius posted:

i have been asking this since i heard of those earbuds that had a single button which had some hosed up morse code for going back and forward in the playlist

• Locked thread