Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Kazy posted:

Who the heck raised Pearl while Maya was off in Khura'in? Isn't her mother in prison or something?

Sister Bikini, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wish I had the skill to make a GIF of Ema's thinking animation. it's probably the best one in the game. I'd use that as an avatar

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'M ALREADY THERE.

I thought I was there but NOW I'm there.

I'm also stuck! C5T2 Amara's Perceive. Dish.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought I was there but NOW I'm there.

I'm also stuck! C5T2 Amara's Perceive. Dish.

Take a look at her fingers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jesus, that one was tricky.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh hey it took all of 30 for trucy to whip out her magic panties

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

UM EXCUSE ME

E: FUUUUUCK

I don't even need to finish my replay of 3-5 to know this has surpassed it.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 16, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

2 different things. There's the Kingdom of Khura'in and Kurain Village. Kurain Village is comprised of Japanese immigrants that had roots from the Kingdom of Khura'in.

To clarify, they're a Japanese clan that has roots in Khura'in, who then emigrated to California. So ultimately they're descended from Khurainese, but they were also Japanese sometime in the middle.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

UM EXCUSE ME

I honestly don't know if any case will be able to surpass 2-4 as a complete package, but I do think that Turnabout Revolution day 2 is the single best trial day in the series. It condenses like a whole 3 day case worth of twists and emotional moments into just 1 trial, and it rules hard.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Someone give me a zero spoilers low-down on Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney, if you would please. Like, is it a decent length, decent case, and entertaining? Worth the $4?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No, no, sorta amusing.

It's 20 minutes max and if you dislike Pearl still being a child then welp.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pearl will never grow out of being a child because all her appearances in the series now are cameos and fanservice, without really being all that important. And for that sake the writers are keeping her close to her previous characterisation.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I haven't played it yet (probably gonna get it tomorrow) but for anyone who hasn't followed - the two Asinine Attorneys this and next week aren't proper full length cases. That DLC comes out in 2 weeks. If you don't wanna pay 4 bucks for a short little thing and a 3DS theme it's probably not worth it.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

UM EXCUSE ME

I think you're close to the rabbit hole question I was talking about now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ilifinicus posted:

I think you're close to the rabbit hole question I was talking about now

I think I passed it because the EXCUSE ME was in response to Amara getting loving iced ON SCREEN

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

I think I passed it because the EXCUSE ME was in response to Amara getting loving iced ON SCREEN

nope still not there

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Clarste posted:

To clarify, they're a Japanese clan that has roots in Khura'in, who then emigrated to California. So ultimately they're descended from Khurainese, but they were also Japanese sometime in the middle.

Dunno how that's any different from what I said, but OK? :confused:

Case 5 Trial 1 is going places. :stare:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ilifinicus posted:

nope still not there

HOW AM I NOT AT THE END YET

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

HOW AM I NOT AT THE END YET
you know NOTHING, waffleman_ snow

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'M AT THE THOUGHT ROUTE THIS HAS TO BE THE END

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jesus Christ.

That was an ordeal.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I honestly don't know if any case will be able to surpass 2-4 as a complete package
I'm aware this is a pretty rare opinion, but i think 2-4 is like, just good. The premise is amazing and the payoff is so, so satisfactory, but it's just. So long. The investigation is too long, there's too much pointless Oldbag blabber. Basically, it suffers from being 3 days long, and has the dubious honor of being the last case to ever be three days long (well, 1-5 is that kinda but they were better about pacing when they made it), for I believe very good reasons. If day 2 was cut and the rest shuffled around, I would like it way more. As it is, the last time I replayed I got actually exasperated at how long it was taking. I know it's actually the point that the tension is unbearable, but they went too far imo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

2-4 isn't three days long though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm like 99% certain 2-4 is only 2 days.

e: yeah make that 100

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

2-4 is only 2 days long

1-3, 4, and 5 are the only cases that ever went 3 days

2-4 is basically perfect imo but it's also very special and I don't really bother comparing other cases to it because its unique and can't ever really be repeated

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's kind of funny that only AA1 has any 3 day cases. Though I suppose DD kinda cheats on that because cases 4 and 5 are so closely connected they can kinda function as one long case.

Edit: 2-4 to me is basically just the case that encapsulates Phoenix Wright as a character. It reinforces Edgeworth as his closest friend and rival, it challenges his ideals and values more than any other case, and it really kinda solidifies what kind of a person he is. In some ways 1-4 is more about Edgey than Phoenix himself, but 2-4 is really front and center the Phoenix Wright show.

6-5 is kinda the same for Apollo now that I think about it. Except most of the set up for it comes within the case itself because Apollo has had a sort of messy arc, so I give the edge to 2-4. But only barely.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 16, 2016

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Whoa. Okay, so it's been so long since I played 2-4 that it actually got longer in my memory because I remember everything taking forever in that case. Well, whatever, I think it's badly paced anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This gaaaaaaaame was loving fantastic.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Carlosologist posted:

I wish I had the skill to make a GIF of Ema's thinking animation. it's probably the best one in the game. I'd use that as an avatar

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OH MY GOD ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME WITH THIS FINAL SCENE

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Dunno how that's any different from what I said, but OK? :confused:

Case 5 Trial 1 is going places. :stare:

It's not different from what you said, but I didn't think you made it 100% crystal clear that Khura'in is a separate country from Japan, which a lot of people seem to be confused about.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

You thought they forgot.

And heck, so did everyone else.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey, remember this thing we never talked about? We still aren't gonna talk about it!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm actually super curious as to what they're going to do with AA7 and going forward. I hope they don't bring Apollo back immediately, it's a good excuse to have an Athena-centric game, plus Apollo can have his own 2-4 Great Revival moment in like AA8 or 9.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm actually super curious as to what they're going to do with AA7 and going forward. I hope they don't bring Apollo back immediately, it's a good excuse to have an Athena-centric game, plus Apollo can have his own 2-4 Great Revival moment in like AA8 or 9.

He's gonna show back up in 7-4 when he's the key suspect in the murder of Thalassa Gramayre, otherwise known as Lamiroir.

I've got mixed feeling on when Apollo should return. Next game should definitely star Athena, but i've really liked the multiple playable characters thing DD and SoJ have had. So I kinda want him and Athena in AA7, since I think it'd probably be for the best if Phoenix took less of a prominent role (though I still want him around, just in less of a playable capacity).

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I figure having Apollo in Khura'in is as much a reason to be able to keep the new court gimmick around as it is a reason to keep him on the sidelines.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

Hey, remember this thing we never talked about? We still aren't gonna talk about it!

Phoenix really needs to have a speakerphone conversation about it before Trucy sneaks on another Khura'in-bound plane.

There aren't many ways to rip the title of "WORLD'S WORST DAD" from Blaise Debeste but that would be one of them!

Waffleman_ posted:

Temporarily (possibly permanently?) writing out Apollo was a really bold move and I'm surprised they did it. It's a great end to his arc, but AJ was the game I started with so in a way he's the defining attorney of the series for me. He'll for sure get at least a cameo case, they're not known for retiring gimmicks they've used previously in the series and since seances can only be done in Khura'in, it pretty much guarantees his return, but I'll miss him and Athena working together. :(

I wonder how much time he spent thinking about it before he realized it was cleaning toilets and being a magic show practice dummy vs. living in a palace and being the most prominent lawyer in the country?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This series is completely allergic to writing out characters. There's no way Apollo's not back next game.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This series is completely allergic to writing out characters. There's no way Apollo's not back next game.

Tell that to my friend Dick Gumshoe. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

cloofish posted:

Tell that to my friend Dick Gumshoe. :(

Well it's not like the Chief of Police can just show up when and where he wants