Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I can't watch this right now, can someone summarize this in the form of a haiku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I can't watch this right now, can someone summarize this in the form of a haiku

The story follows Logan, a Krytan martial artist serving in the military, who decides to leave the Queen's Guard to compete in a martial arts tournament in Cantha where fights to the death can occur.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Destroyers, Karkas,
Dinosaurs, and fire wurms,
Skulls puking lava

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Wow it had more than 1 second of new footage this time.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

GI_Clutch posted:

Destroyers, Karkas,
Dinosaurs, and fire wurms,
Skulls puking lava

That could be ok

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!
Re: in-game chat discussion earlier: re: charr pistolier names: I regret to announce that it took me until well after I'd logged out to think of the name "Catte Ballou". Probably taken already, but it's the principle of the thing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ItBurns posted:

The story follows Logan, a Krytan martial artist serving in the military, who decides to leave the Queen's Guard to compete in a martial arts tournament in Cantha where fights to the death can occur.

God if only, if only.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I may not be up to running the HP train tonight, gooms. :( I had terrible insomnia last night, and I've almost dozed off a few times at work already. If you don't see me on for Teq, that'll be your answer.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Schpyder posted:

I may not be up to running the HP train tonight, gooms. :( I had terrible insomnia last night, and I've almost dozed off a few times at work already. If you don't see me on for Teq, that'll be your answer.

You've done it enough times that you could totally do it in your sleep.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

That's probably true, actually

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
I like that they added a gliding effect with the fractal backpack. (0:36)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pirate claw and peg leg in the gem shop.
Looks pretty cool.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The peg leg is your standard pirate fare, but the hook hand looks all cyborgy.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I am just happy that I, the glider whale, have another glider to waste money on, since I hadn't picked the game back up yet when it was sold the first time.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
For anyone interested, I've been slowly working on a jump puzzle in the SFD guild hall in parts and I've just finished part 3 with part 4 to arrive soon-ish. Starts below the bridge next to the scribing building. Hope you nerds enjoy it a bit.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBS9yhc9ISA

Also the Revive Orb is getting retooled with this patch.

quote:

*Revive Sickness has been updated to be more in line with other forms of revival. The orb will return you to 50% of your health pool instead of previous 1 health point. You no longer are crippled but are locked in combat state for 60 seconds and cannot use another orb while under Revive Sickness.

*When defeated, if you have an orb in inventory, you will receive a UI option to ‘Consume a Revive Orb’ alongside the usual “Return to Waypoint” option.

*We’ve replaced the Ghostly Caretaker with an orb vortex that circles above your body and fills in for the 10 seconds it takes for the revival to complete.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

My key purchase frenzies have been justified

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That's a good change but now I regret using the revive orbs I had on completely useless places when I've been too lazy to trek back from a WP.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

"We know that some players really appreciate fighting the karka"

please identify these deviants so they can be shunned, tied up and thrown into the ocean for the good of all, tia

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
So, I just found out Foefire's Power is a thing and now I know what I'll be farming my way toward buying the mats for over the course of the next fifteen years. That hammer skin owns and it's one of the first skins I've seen and actually wanted.

The chain moves and everything, too

drat it. I want to wield it today, not in 2057

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Aren't you rich now?

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I'm not rich at all, but the money I have is money I don't want to immediately spend on something frivolous

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
What is less frivolous than looking pretty in this game?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waci posted:

What is less frivolous than looking pretty in this game?

A thousand loving times this.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I want to petition anet to bring back guild capes

why the gently caress don't we have them in this game? it's stupid and I hate it give me my capes back

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nickhimself posted:

So, I just found out Foefire's Power is a thing and now I know what I'll be farming my way toward buying the mats for over the course of the next fifteen years. That hammer skin owns and it's one of the first skins I've seen and actually wanted.

That's a mega awesome skin that I rarely see, good call dude

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Holy poo poo, why is T6 leather 25s for the most basic unit? Gossamer scraps are still as worthless as I remember.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

gandlethorpe posted:

Holy poo poo, why is T6 leather 25s for the most basic unit? Gossamer scraps are still as worthless as I remember.

With the launch of Heart of Thorns, we got:

quote:

To sync armor crafting with weapon crafting, and to help maintain the value of leather, masterwork, rare, and exotic inscriptions will now be crafted with patches made from leather and cloth.

Some minor tweaks have been made to salvage tables to normalize output across all levels, and a small reduction has been made on tier 5 metal, leather, and wood, as well as a reduction on tier 6 leather and cloth.

Refining hardened leather now requires 3 hardened leather sections instead of 2.

And, well, unspecific balance changes in action:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

It's great I just came back and sold a heap of stacks I'd bought before HOT for like 1k gold

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
It's nice to spend some time in Bloodstone mindlessly doing events and then make a bunch of gold for the leather salvagables.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

cpaf posted:

It's great I just came back and sold a heap of stacks I'd bought before HOT for like 1k gold

Haha just from this I decided to sell the one stack I had in my bank guild and used some of it to forge some cheap exos trying for a pre, and got Howl on the eighth forge*

Invest your mats in exo forging today! What could go wrong?

*after spending 400g+ trying for shield pres last week, forge giveth and forge taketh etc

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It is actually extremely cool and smart to spend more gold than a pre is worth to buy and the rest of what you made selling the last legendary trying to kickstart the next one

Dr. Bones
Nov 4, 2005

Private First Class in Blankman's Boot Camp of Goonery

I am an idiot.

Dr. Bones fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 16, 2016

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Dr. Bones posted:

So I'm getting back into this game after a long absence, and noticed I got purged from goon guilds.

Help a brother out? DrBones.5271

Read the op you useless turdholster

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

nickhimself posted:

Do it the poor man's way and just roll a spirit weapon guardian. Pretend your hammer is super special because it just floats around hitting things.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Waci posted:

Read the op you useless turdholster

Megarude Waci. No one else reads that :v:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
So I've been bouncing around a bit with this idea to try to set up an event/events for WvW for either/both guilds where we all use the same gimmick, ala the classic MM necro/reaper zerg.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FR9N3WF

Just gauging any interest in it for now before any actual effort goes into it.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
So yesterday in a fit of 'eh I need more greatsword skins unlocked', I flushed the four cheapest greatswords I didn't have unlocks for down the toilet and Dawn came back up.

In conclusion precursor gambling is good and effective and you should spend all your money doing that because it is a smart idea for cool people and nothing will go wrong if you do that.

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!
I chucked 4 random yellows in the other day and got a Bard. Which was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Lonk posted:

So I've been bouncing around a bit with this idea to try to set up an event/events for WvW for either/both guilds where we all use the same gimmick, ala the classic MM necro/reaper zerg.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FR9N3WF

Just gauging any interest in it for now before any actual effort goes into it.

The gimmick should be everyone wears full "Mighty" gear. That way everyone can have matching gear without spending too much.

• Locked thread