Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Dunban posted:

I mean, it's essentially the same Pokemon. Also, its "voice" is basically telepathy, so it kinda makes sense that it wouldn't really change.

I mean, yeah, but...

That voice with that body - plus Zygarde Snake Form got those interesting animal noises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Rotom wash jerks his hog in battle and doesn't even care

the living embodiment of volt-turn

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the new anime art style is good and way better than the mediocre approximation of sugimori's art style they've been doing for 20 years

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Thanks everyone for the cool replies to my newbie questions. Another thing I was thinking about was battling friends and all that, and how do people usually go about it? Is it all basically teams of level 100 (99?) pitted against each other because anything lower is worthless? I mean, I watched the world championship streams and stuff and they all have them set to level 50 so do you just keep your best at that and never let it level up ever? Or is there some way for the games to adjust all over level 50 mon down to what they were at level 50 for friend battles?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Ruggington posted:

the new anime art style is good and way better than the mediocre approximation of sugimori's art style they've been doing for 20 years

:yeah:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Ruggington posted:

:agreed:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Willsun posted:

Thanks everyone for the cool replies to my newbie questions. Another thing I was thinking about was battling friends and all that, and how do people usually go about it? Is it all basically teams of level 100 (99?) pitted against each other because anything lower is worthless? I mean, I watched the world championship streams and stuff and they all have them set to level 50 so do you just keep your best at that and never let it level up ever? Or is there some way for the games to adjust all over level 50 mon down to what they were at level 50 for friend battles?

The default mode sets everybody's levels to 50 regardless of their actual current level, to even the playing field.

Online competitive will only level down (not up) though, so it's slightly different from playign against a friend.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the pokemon at the world championships are all level 50 because none of the trainers are good enough at the game to raise them any hgiher. thats the cold truth

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

sharrrk posted:

the pokemon at the world championships are all level 50 because none of the trainers are good enough at the game to raise them any hgiher. thats the cold truth

i spent weeks getting the perfect IVs for my shiny staryu but then i forgot to check how much exp i was gonna get from the elite four and the amount of exp needed for staryu to level up so i had to drop out of the last tournament!!!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

My buddy rotom heat has annoyed many a dragon, ground and water teams.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

jarbv posted:

amount of exp needed for staryu to level up
:crossarms:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Level up, not evolve. Read, comprehend, post.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
First two episodes of Generations are out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHxZpk_hvJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeX5GzN03AU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

holy poo poo generations pikachu is amazing

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That SWAT team using Pokemon instead of tech or weapons is really cool

Both pretty neat shorts. Liked the 1st one more, that soundtrack mix transitioning between all the regions' wild battle themes is really great, but the 2nd is pretty interesting too.

Having Looker deal with some Gen 1 stuff feels like it ties the Pokemon world together a bit more than we generally see. and that Giovanni tease at the end oh man i wish he would come back, but I guess gold/silver kind of cemented that he won't

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Looker is not goofy enough.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

pokeSWAT does not mess around

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

man probopass rules

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
That's funny I don't remember Zygarde Complete Form existing or being in Kalos at all

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it will be when you revisit kalos in s&m

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

all these new pokemon loving wish they were as cool as Durant

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

man probopass rules

he should have been in pokken

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

oddium posted:

man probopass rules

Seriously, that's really really cool in motion.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

generations is gorgeous and cool like my friend looker

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Okay, tactical lockbreaker Magnemite has reaffirmed my faith in Magnemite being the loving best.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Zodack posted:

That's funny I don't remember Zygarde Complete Form existing or being in Kalos at all

Yeah I was like "WAIT THAT'S NOT HOW IT HAPPENED"

mabels big day posted:

Looker is not goofy enough.

Maybe when we get to the D/P/Pt shorts Looker will be as goofy as he was in Adventures, maybe the toll of Giovanni escaping over and over will get to him.
I love the rendition of the Rocket Hideout theme when they bust the gym in the second short, I forgot how good everything about the sound in Origins was, I want all those shorts to come out right now.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

mabels big day posted:

he should have been in pokken

agreed

my boy volcarona lookin good, calling bullshit on that whirlwind evasion pikachu did tho

those shorts were really cool

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

no two ways about it

pikachu completely bodied volcarona

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Kikas posted:

Yeah I was like "WAIT THAT'S NOT HOW IT HAPPENED"

Granted the rest of it was a really cool homage to all the other games - I especially liked rainy Ecruteak city - but Mega Evos were in Origins and I wish they had kept the Zygarde bullshit out of Generations.

But whatever, Origins and Generations were both still awesome.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Ruggington posted:

no two ways about it

pikachu completely bodied volcarona

smoke and mirrors, poo poo wouldn't fly in a tournament

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pikachu was very well trained at that point

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Man Pokémon are jerks, just attacking each other out of nowhere for no particular reason

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

El Burbo posted:

Man Pokémon are jerks, just attacking each other out of nowhere for no particular reason

kinda like how people do. whoa

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
cool shorts

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Countblanc posted:

cool shorts

They're funny and easy to watch.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
For some reason I was really, insanely chuffed at Giovanni reciting the Team Rocket Mantra at the end of the second short.

Also tactical lockbreaker Magnemite owns a lot, generally speaking these were great shorts.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I am confused as to why Magnemite was needed to break the lock on a glass door but they busted in walls with Machamp and Arcanine

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Senerio posted:

They're funny and easy to watch.

they weren't that funny

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Zodack posted:

I am confused as to why Magnemite was needed to break the lock on a glass door but they busted in walls with Machamp and Arcanine

Door's probably linked to the security system. You expect people to come in through the door, not through the drat wall. So if they just kick in the door then the Voltorbs drop from the ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Zodack posted:

Team Arcanine are just waiting outside for the molten metal to cool.