Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Shady is the only player I trust in that Bills offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Benne posted:

Shady is the only player I trust in that Bills offense

The guy who's gone for 58 yards and 59 yards in consecutive weeks?

Edit: didn't see his receiving. Anyway, I still don't think that says a whole lot about the Bills offense.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

IllegallySober posted:

reliable consistency

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for talking me out of trading Forte for Ingram, goons. You are good people. Sometimes.

Now just to hope the Jets don't run the man down into a pile of dust...

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

IllegallySober posted:

Edit: didn't see his receiving. Anyway, I still don't think that says a whole lot about the Bills offense.

The Ravens and Jets have pretty solid run Defense as well and Shady was getting hit in the backfield nearly every play. The fact he was able to get 59 tonight along with some catches was solid if not great. His schedule the next few games should be a bit more favorable. The thing to worry about is if Tyrod can't be consistent in the intermediate game. He was throwing bombs all day which was cool but he wasn't connecting enough to make up for all of those 3 and outs. Teams will continue to force him to make those throws until he proves he can do it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've got Houston D/ST. OK with streaming. Drop for any of these? (in order by NFL.com's projections this week (LOL))

Colts @ Den
Bears v Phi
Lions v Ten
Bucs @ Ari
Chargers v. Jax
Falcons @ Oak

I think I took Houston thinking I'd keep them, but I'm not loving that decision now.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Leperflesh posted:

I've got Houston D/ST. OK with streaming. Drop for any of these? (in order by NFL.com's projections this week (LOL))

Colts @ Den
Bears v Phi
Lions v Ten
Bucs @ Ari
Chargers v. Jax
Falcons @ Oak

I think I took Houston thinking I'd keep them, but I'm not loving that decision now.

I would keep Houston

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
Lol, how the hell is the Colts D at the top of that list

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Giants kicker or Broncos kicker?

Also NE and Vikings Def or Ravens Def?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I drunkenly sent a trade offer of Frank Gore and Willie Snead for Josh Gordon last night. I don't even remember doing it, but it was accepted.

Thoughts?

My team now:

QB- Eli
RB- Charles, Anderson, Mathews, Hyde,
WR- Hopkins, Watkins, Gordon, John Brown, Sterling Shepard, Michael Thomas
TE- Gronk, Allen

(Non-ppr)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I drunkenly sent a trade offer of Frank Gore and Willie Snead for Josh Gordon last night. I don't even remember doing it, but it was accepted.

Thoughts?

My team now:

QB- Eli
TE- Gronk, Allen

(Non-ppr)

I think you did good.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Thoughts?

My team now:

QB- Eli
TE- Gronk, Allen

(Non-ppr)

Snead isn't a guy I'd be looking to move, as he doesn't have the name recognition to get a high return but looks on track to be a WR2 (last year's quiet 1,000 yard season + week 1). I mean, it's totally fine to take a shot on Gordon recapturing something remotely like his 2013 form given your depth, I'm just not really convinced he's a significant upgrade on Snead.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
In my 18 team league (yes I know, it's dumb) I need to drop someone for a defense. These are the candidates:

Tyler Ervin
Jay Ajayi
Tyrell Williams
Jamison Crowder
Chris Thompson
Jerick Mckinnon

Though we get a point per 25 return yards and he appears to be return guy/backup I I'm leaning Ervin at the moment, everyone else has either a more solid floor for an 18 teamer or more concrete potential, but do people think that that is that the right call? I've dismally failed to make a 2 for 1 trade to make space.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Prophecy120 posted:

Feeling pretty good that I started Forte Decker tonight.

:hellyeah:

E: VVV I'm a Bucs fan, so considered me biased, but I'm pretty high on Dougie.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 16, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

How are people feeling about Doug Martin this year?

I may be able to trade Mike Evans for him (and possibly get a small plus back, depending), and my RB corps is a bunch of RB2 types (M. Gordon, Hill, etc.)

My WRs are deep, so I think the upgrade would be worth it if Martin finishes as an RB1 this year. .5 PPR league, can start up to 3 WR via Flex.

AJG/Evans/Maclin/DJax/Diggs/M. Jones

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My RB corps of Melvin Gordon and Carlos Hyde seems so loving risky for me even in PPR. Hyde just seems one bad hit away from IR and Gordon seems like he's going to constantly get outsnapped by Woodhead.

Luckily I have Crowell in the wings but that just seems like a whole other can of worms where I'll start him and one of the two will go off on my bench.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

My RB corps of Melvin Gordon and Carlos Hyde seems so loving risky for me even in PPR. Hyde just seems one bad hit away from IR and Gordon seems like he's going to constantly get outsnapped by Woodhead.

Luckily I have Crowell in the wings but that just seems like a whole other can of worms where I'll start him and one of the two will go off on my bench.

Crowell is just as risky since we have no way of knowing how things will pan out now that the RG3 experiment has ended as expected.

I think Gordon will be fine.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Cervixalot posted:

I may be able to trade Mike Evans for him (and possibly get a small plus back, depending), and my RB corps is a bunch of RB2 types (M. Gordon, Hill, etc.)

My WRs are deep, so I think the upgrade would be worth it if Martin finishes as an RB1 this year. .5 PPR league, can start up to 3 WR via Flex.

Martin has Arizona, LA, Denver, and Carolina the next 4 weeks, and then his bye. He's a guy that I'm considering trying to buy low on in a month, assuming he has pedestrian numbers against that tough slate. Not sure now is the time to acquire him.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Martin has Arizona, LA, Denver, and Carolina the next 4 weeks, and then his bye. He's a guy that I'm considering trying to buy low on in a month, assuming he has pedestrian numbers against that tough slate. Not sure now is the time to acquire him.

Did you just include the Rams as part of a "tough slate?"

He's gonna have a big week that week.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Cervixalot posted:

He's extremely overvalued and I wouldn't trade a wr3 for him, let alone a likely wr1. There's a very realistic chance Charles sims out scores him straight up.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RBX posted:

1 PPR

I can only pick up one off waivers because Freeman is wasting a spot on my bench.

Blount
Hill
Yeldon
Ingram
Or keep Tevin Coleman and wait weeks for him or Freeman to fully fail

Are you sure you didn't click on someone else's team, thinking you were clicking on FA? Because this is one of the most bizarrely loaded waiver options list I've ever seen.

And, yes, take the top-12 predicted RB (Ingram). Are you sure there's no one else you can drop besides Coleman and Freeman, because they Are solid too?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 16, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Papes posted:

He's extremely overvalued and I wouldn't trade a wr3 for him, let alone a likely wr1. There's a very realistic chance Charles sims out scores him straight up.

And we're off!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Papes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cervixalot posted:

In a 0.5 ppr, it's fine to have a stacked wr core and rb2s... That's not a reason to go looking for a fix.
Also, as mentioned, all signs point to Martin having a down year (Sims, Martin seems to only play when motivated but he just got paid, etc), and Evans is expected to ascend to top 12 WR STATUS

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Papes posted:

Ehhh. It's half PPR, which hurts Sims relative value compared to full, plus Martin had a surprisingly large role in the passing game week 1. If that passing down usage skews at all towards Martin compared to last year, Sims is dead.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Papes posted:

Some hot takes ITT.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Forever_Peace posted:

Some hot takes ITT.
Though the Sims thing is definitely overblown, Martin's numbers could end up being pretty rough until Week 7. Some seriously tough matchups until the TB bye.

edit:

Chasing the RB2 dragon, drop C Mike for Tevin Coleman yes/no?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

dy. posted:

Though the Sims thing is definitely overblown, Martin's numbers could end up being pretty rough until Week 7. Some seriously tough matchups until the TB bye.

Again, people are include the loving Rams into the "tough matchups"

Martin is a workhorse back, he's gonna get the carries, and he has the potential to break out and often does. He's a solid start.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

WampaLord posted:

Again, people are include the loving Rams into the "tough matchups"

Martin is a workhorse back, he's gonna get the carries, and he has the potential to break out and often does. He's a solid start.

I mean, maybe. Hyde averaged less than 4 YPC against the Rams in Week 1.

Even if you're right though, one good matchup in 7 weeks is really bad!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Do I want any of the FA players here on my 8 team .5 PPR team? Vincent Jackson? I could drop any of the players on my team pictured or a QB. I have Stafford and Palmer. I have a hard time judging value in an 8 man league.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Forever_Peace posted:

Some hot takes ITT.

I threw that last part in mostly to fire up some goons. I do think Sims could out score Martin, but the bucs would have to be playing from behind a lot. I think the bucs are good enough to finish 8-8ish this year which makes that outcome unlikely.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

coronaball posted:

I tried to trade my friend's idiot cousin Sammy Watkins for Dez Bryant. He declined, and now he just dropped Dez for Jermaine Kearse.

This, among other reasons, is why you don't play on NFL.com: their can't cut list is like the top 10 picks and that's it.

tbh the ESPN can't cut list isn't any better. It wouldn't have prevented that, or the guy who said Bell was dropped the other day. They really err on the side of healthy, not-suspended, no-brainer first rounders only (oh and qb's lol). Gronk doesn't even make the cut.

This is the entire list:

quote:

CURRENT UNDROPPABLES
QUARTERBACK
Cam Newton, Car
Aaron Rodgers, GB
Russell Wilson, Sea

RUNNING BACK
Ezekiel Elliott, Dal
Devonta Freeman, Atl
Todd Gurley, LA
David Johnson, Ari
Adrian Peterson, Min

WIDE RECEIVER
Odell Beckham Jr., NYG
Antonio Brown, Pit
A.J. Green, Cin
DeAndre Hopkins, Hou
Julio Jones, Atl
Allen Robinson, Jax

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should I drop Michael Thomas for Eli Rodgers? (Non-ppr)

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RCarr posted:

Should I drop Michael Thomas for Eli Rodgers? (Non-ppr)

In standard I'd keep MT for the touchdown upside. Eli not gonna see many red zone targets this year.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Thanks for the Doug Martin discussion. Seems like I should just hang onto Evans considering Martin's price and upcoming schedule.

Let's talk RBs. Here is a totally unscientific list of potential RB1 candidates for 2016 (top 12 at the position).

Probably won't be able to buy for a reasonable price:
David Johnson
Miller
CJA
Forte

Possible panic buys that carry risk:
Gurley
AP
Charles

The rest, in no particular order:
Zeke
Martin
Lacy
McCoy
L. Murray
D. Murray
Langford
Foster
Ingram
Rawls
Stewart
Freeman
Hyde

Who is missing from this list, and who do you all think are good buys/sells at current cost?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Are you sure you didn't click on someone else's team, thinking you were clicking on FA? Because this is one of the most bizarrely loaded waiver options list I've ever seen.

And, yes, take the top-12 predicted RB (Ingram). Are you sure there's no one else you can drop besides Coleman and Freeman, because they Are solid too?

This is my 8 team family & friends league I run. I don't see what's so special about any of them? It's either backups or shaky RB situations. My 4 other 10 team and 1 12 team leagues are similar.

Like here's my team and the team i'm against this week. I'm on the left.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
You people with your simple 8. 10 and 12 team leagues, I wish I had to make the "tough" decisions you guys have.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Anymore than 12 and i'd shoot myself

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Cervixalot posted:

Thanks for the Doug Martin discussion. Seems like I should just hang onto Evans considering Martin's price and upcoming schedule.

Let's talk RBs. Here is a totally unscientific list of potential RB1 candidates for 2016 (top 12 at the position).

David Johnson
Miller
CJA
Forte

Gurley
AP
Charles

Zeke
Martin
Lacy
McCoy
L. Murray
D. Murray
Langford
Foster
Ingram
Rawls
Stewart
Freeman
Hyde

Who is missing from this list, and who do you all think are good buys/sells at current cost?

Franklin Delano Gore

E: I think he's too match-up prone to actually squeeze into the top 12, but Gore is getting workhorse-style usage and was very involved in the passing game when the Colts fell behind in week 1, so I think he's being severely undervalued. BUY BUY BUY :homebrew:

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

David Johnson
Miller
CJA
Forte

Gurley
AP
Charles

Zeke
Martin
Lacy
McCoy
L. Murray
D. Murray
Langford
Foster
Ingram
Rawls
Stewart
Freeman
Hyde

Ryan Mathews potentially has RB1 upside. He was 4th in carries week 1 despite only playing half the snaps, and led the league in red zone rushes with eight.

edit: I'd be trying to buy Lacy.

• Locked thread