Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This is not okay! This is horrible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
What the actual gently caress is that

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Probably would. Shoulda gone whole hog and used canned tomato soup concentrate for the ice though.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Fat-washed cocktails are all the rage now apparently.

I've heard of ones washing bourbon with butter which kind of makes sense but grilled cheese is a bit full on

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I just want the grilled cheese, it looked tasty. I'll even take grilled cheese with prosciutto bits inside.

Man, I always feel like grilled cheese requires square white bread loaves but my normal sandwich bread is a circular, thin, multi-grain. I don't think it'd make for a good grilled cheese. I'm missing out on so many good grilled cheeses by not wanting to buy a different loaf of bread for exclusively one type of sandwich.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

FPzero posted:

I just want the grilled cheese, it looked tasty. I'll even take grilled cheese with prosciutto bits inside.

Man, I always feel like grilled cheese requires square white bread loaves but my normal sandwich bread is a circular, thin, multi-grain. I don't think it'd make for a good grilled cheese. I'm missing out on so many good grilled cheeses by not wanting to buy a different loaf of bread for exclusively one type of sandwich.

All GC-B ("grilled cheese bread" for the fuckin' squares and lamers) needs to be is soft and stretchy, brah. It's there for structure, crunch, and soakage in the tomato soup, not flavour.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

EoinCannon posted:

I've heard of ones washing bourbon with butter which kind of makes sense but grilled cheese is a bit full on

I thought you were kidding so I googled it, and, whelp:

quote:

How To Fat-Wash Vodka And Make A Cocktail That Tastes Like California Chardonnay

I was inspired to create this cocktail while discussing the flavors of a big, oaky California Chardonnay during a recent wine tasting. In the glass we tasted butter, tropical fruits, toasted oak, vanilla and citrus in the wine and later, I started thinking: “Why not try to incorporate all these wonderful flavors into a cocktail?”

Why does your wine taste like butter????

e-

gently caress

Menstural Cyclone
Sep 10, 2009

EoinCannon posted:

Fat washing has been around for a while and was actually a rage a while back. Cocktails made with fat-washed bacon bourbon were tearing it up like 5-6 years ago and everyone was fatwashing for a while with butters and bacons and whatnot. For example, Don Lee made a cinema highball using butter fat washed bourbon mixed with Coke (trying to evoke the whole eating buttered popcorn+drinking soda thing). At least here in New York it was a big thing and with cocktail geeks. I guess the trend old enough that it's a new thing again or maybe just more places elsewhere doing it.

But yea, that grilled cheese infused poo poo is vile, and also NOT how you do fat washing at all. In fat washing you add literally the fat or whatever is greasy to the alcohol, let it absorb the flavors, then put it in the freezer and chill the fat to take it out so that you don't have any actual grease in the alcohol, just the flavors of whatever you were fat washing.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Fat washing is when I take a bath.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What the gently caress is fat washing

Is it just the centuries old concept of vodka and lard appropriated by terrible hipsters

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

What the gently caress is fat washing

Is it just the centuries old concept of vodka and lard appropriated by terrible hipsters

Yes but take the lard and vodka, marinate it together, then skim it and serve it in a $18 cocktail.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

"Rice, sautéed mushrooms in garlic and white wine, and oven roasted asparagus with Italian cheese.
Bon appetit!"

Bone app the teeth!

I guess what weirds me out most is what is italian cheese? I know that italy has cheese, I know there are italian cheeses, but I've never heard of one referred to as "Italian Cheese". Is it like American cheese but with wine instead of... whatever american cheese is made of?

Or did she just mean Parmesan. I may never know.

Null of Undefined has a new favorite as of 08:33 on Sep 16, 2016

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

worthless. posted:

"Rice, sautéed mushrooms in garlic and white wine, and oven roasted asparagus with Italian cheese.
Bon appetit!"

Bone app the teeth!

I guess what weirds me out most is what is italian cheese? I know that italy has cheese, I know there are italian cheeses, but I've never heard of one referred to as "Italian Cheese". Is it like American cheese but with wine instead of... whatever american cheese is made of?

Or did she just mean Parmesan. I may never know.

What weirds me out is the disproportionate rice / mushroom volumes and also it looks like she hasn't cut the tough bottom part of the stalks off the asparagus.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Here generic Parmesan just gets labelled as 'Italian style cheese' since it's illegal to call it that unless it comes from the correct regions in Italy.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

cyberia posted:

What weirds me out is the disproportionate rice / mushroom volumes and also it looks like she hasn't cut the tough bottom part of the stalks off the asparagus.

Aren't you supposed to have more rice than protein, though? I don't see what's weird about the quantities.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Carbs make you fat

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

InediblePenguin posted:

Aren't you supposed to have more rice than protein, though? I don't see what's weird about the quantities.

In Asia that would be standard, yeah. It's the big difference in eating, when us honkeys go out we clean the vegetable/meat plates and get through half of one rice bucket but the neighboring tables will usually pound through multiple rices and leave half their other food behind. The rice is the meal, the rest of it are sides.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

mds2 posted:

Tomboys, that's where it's at. Red as a dogs dick.

That's... vivid. :catstare:

If one or more of you people are actually social media marketing shills in the pocket of Bar-S trying to pull some sort of stunt-eating reverse whammy, it's kinda working; I sort of want to get a pack of those this weekend just to see

Until then, I'll just have to whet my appetite for hot dogs with this:

that's a god damned carrot :ssh:

oranges, tomatoes, hot dogs, and Smarties :confused:

oops

look

look

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

actually I take that back

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's looking back

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

oranges, tomatoes, hot dogs, and Smarties :confused:

Looks like rockets to me.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

American style Smarties.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

Cerepol posted:

Looks like rockets to me.

I guess rockets in the states are called smarties, and they don't have a candy shelled chocolate other than m&ms

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those are tinned mandarin pieces as well, I'd recognise them anywhere.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

mds2 posted:

Laid directly on electric stove top.

Hey, this is PCOS Bill we're talking about, not Masao.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Deathface posted:

I guess rockets in the states are called smarties, and they don't have a candy shelled chocolate other than m&ms

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
We carry these at my work. The name floors me but mainly I can't get past the fact it looks like a giant bird suet block.

baby, coming! :nws:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The birthing cake makes me want to vomit.

But nobody can tell me that La Rocca 8" Nutbuster isn't hilarious name.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Julias posted:

But nobody can tell me that La Rocca 8" Nutbuster isn't hilarious name.

8" Nutbuster would make a great username.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Sign me in for sashimi/avocado/edamame cake anytime

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Aubrie is a 45 year old woman and that's a joke cake.

Right?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's a special strain of evil that commissions a cake for a pregnant friend that reminds her it can always be a breech birth.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

actually I take that back

That was two months ago, you'll be fine you big baby.

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Hey, this is PCOS Bill we're talking about, not Masao.

Yeah, I use a gas range and a nice set of stainless steel pans.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

when did you break into PCOS Bill's house?

E: Also what is it with these loving people and not warming their hotdog buns? Not even microwaved by the look at it, much less buttered and grilled. How is that a pleasant texture?

Tashilicious has a new favorite as of 19:16 on Sep 16, 2016

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

So, maybe this isn't a normal post for this thread, but this stuff is called "Red Red". When I was doing a study-abroad in Ghana, I had the opportunity to taste this dish multiple times, and it's AMAZING. It looks like bananas fell on a pile of vomit, but it's incredible. You use the bananas (plantains, actually) to scoop up the beans. It's insanely good, kind of sweet and savory. I'd highly recommend it if you get the chance.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tashilicious posted:

I'm like one of those elves that breaks in and repairs a bunch of shoes while you sleep except instead of repairing shoes I fill your fridge with Bar-S hot dogs

ETA:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I'm like one of those elves that breaks in and repairs a bunch of shoes while you sleep except instead of repairing shoes I fill your fridge with Bar-S hot dogs

ETA:

Killlll meeee

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

ETA:

Quaaaaaaaid..... Start the reactor.... Please set it to 400 degrees for fifteen minutes....

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

That's not chocolate. It's chocolate flavored carob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tashilicious posted:

E: Also what is it with these loving people and not warming their hotdog buns? Not even microwaved by the look at it, much less buttered and grilled. How is that a pleasant texture?

What's up with you people having conniptions about unmolested hot dog buns