Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Verranicus posted:

NERF REINHARDT NOW!

Especially compared to other tanks, he has a nigh indestructible shield that can be re-aimed at a moments noticed (unlike winstons much weaker stationary shield) he can block all incoming projectiles indefinitely (unlike D.Va's 2 seconds and shorter range.) he can shut down an entire enemy team with his ultimate (unlike roadhogs 1 person per hook if he's lucky) and he has a lot of health in addition to having this OP kit (unlike Zarya's measly 400 hp)

Blizz already knows he's overwhelmingly picked as a tank hero, so they need to either nerf him (make his shield recharge slower, longer until it recharges, absorbs less damage (like 1000 instead of 2000)
or buff all the other tanks. he's too good.

Source your quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

keyframe posted:

Source your quotes.

Oh, we're doing this again, okay.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I've been on a Zenyatta kick lately and try to position myself to avoid getting charged. When he drops his shield I'll discord him and just unload orbs while he's flailing at my allies. Having him dueling an ally that I'm also healing often ends up with him being dead pretty quick.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They should bring back random heroes because all of the other brawls are poo poo.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Verranicus posted:

They should bring back random heroes because all of the other brawls are poo poo.

This I 100% agree with you on and I'm kind of annoyed this hasn't been done already.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

They need to implement bans in comp

Not the other team, yours

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Efexeye posted:

i've never seen the cart move on the new map

The only way I can make anything on Echelwalde is with Pharah. She has the most direct route to the objective. Straight over the house from the attackers spawn, the one with a broken roof and a hp pack. Leap on the roof and use a concussion blast to get over the top.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Kai Tave posted:

I mean if Reinhardt really is this unstoppable omni-tank that can block everything in the game indefinitely and solo-kill the entire enemy team by himself then it seems like the best grounds for making your case would be to slampick Rein in comp and cruise your way to an easy Grandmaster rank, then you actually have something to point to and go "see, I told you so," but for some strange reason I suspect that won't actually happen.

Don't reveal my secrets.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Donnerberg posted:

The only way I can make anything on Echelwalde is with Pharah. She has the most direct route to the objective. Straight over the house from the attackers spawn, the one with a broken roof and a hp pack. Leap on the roof and use a concussion blast to get over the top.

A few characters can make it going that route, and I've wondered if you could organize it whether it would be worthwhile to go with a comp where everyone can make it through there just to bypass that first chokepoint entirely...Pharah, D.Va, Genji, Winston, Mercy and I guess Lucio could do it though I haven't tried. That doesn't really do anything for the last chokepoint which is way worse though.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I think I'm officially Good At Lucio now, at least I'm quite often pulling 4 golds including elims on him and feel like I'm successfully carrying matches. But that's in Quick Play. I'm afraid to dip back into solo comp queue. The last couple of times have hurt too much, getting teams that just can't be carried no matter what. Gibraltar attack? Awesome! Slampick Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat, Widow. The 5th guy thinks about it for a while... McCree.

Also I'm addicted to Junkrat. He may not be Good but he's so, so much fun. ENDLESS SPAM AND THROWING THINGS

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Donnerberg posted:

Conc blast into a jumpjet is a really good way to move around that I never really see other Pharahs doing in my qp games.

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

Regressing to the mean is gonna be a bitch. The last two games went to time bank, both with wins in the last ~15 seconds, probably the most stressful matches I've ever played.

Verranicus posted:

I saw a cool idea the other day, a brawl where you can only play your least played character.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

kalthir posted:

Regressing to the mean is gonna be a bitch. The last two games went to time bank, both with wins in the last ~15 seconds, probably the most stressful matches I've ever played.

I saw a cool idea the other day, a brawl where you can only play your least played character.

Guess that would be.. Zarya or Genji for me. Gross.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ravenfood posted:

Conc blast into a jumpjet is a really good way to move around that I never really see other Pharahs doing in my qp games.

It's a good way to get a big boost of distance with some speed behind it but it puts both of your abilities on cooldown which means it's kind of risky. Most of the Pharahs I go up against save conc blast as a quick escape tool to put distance between themselves and someone who's trying to close in on them.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

SadisTech posted:

The last couple of times have hurt too much, getting teams that just can't be carried no matter what. Gibraltar attack? Awesome! Slampick Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat, Widow. The 5th guy thinks about it for a while... McCree.
You need to realise that the last person isn't spending that time thinking about what to play, they're just on a slower computer still loading so when they get in they can slam pick their favourite dps superstar

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
Conc blast is pharah's best movement tool and bad Pharah's don't use it as such. It helps when you're up in the air and want to reposition fast, like if you're under fire, really well. She could always be more mobile (horizontally) but if you use it right, conc blast helps a ton.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Squiggles Unite posted:

Conc blast is pharah's best movement tool and bad Pharah's don't use it as such. It helps when you're up in the air and want to reposition fast, like if you're under fire, really well. She could always be more mobile (horizontally) but if you use it right, conc blast helps a ton.

It also helps to blast the enemy into the drink on Volskaia when they come out the side door. :)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Metos posted:

You need to realise that the last person isn't spending that time thinking about what to play, they're just on a slower computer still loading so when they get in they can slam pick their favourite dps superstar
I'm one of the first people to load in and last to pick usually. It's the best way to get 2 healers or tanks because a good chunk of people will pick one if nobody else has, but not a second if I've already picked. In qp, at least.

E:. Reinhardt is really good at kicking in my teeth a lot of the time, but he definitely isn't in need of a nerf.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Reinhardt is probably the best balanced character in the game.

Montecristo and DoA will be casting the OGN Overwatch league. For anyone not into League of Legends they are probably the most popular casters to English speakers, as evidenced by the fact they have a big following even though they do English casting in Korea. I'm very excited for this

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 16, 2016

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I got the game shortly before the Rio Olympics event started. I stopped playing for a few weeks durring the event, and when I fired it up yesterday I had a bunch of stuff unlocked that I didn't have previously. A friend of mine in a similar situation did not get anything.

What happened?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is there anything that can destroy a Mei ultimate before it's cast? I'm trying to figure out of a D.Va shield popped my drone buddy or what.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Defensive matrix EATS ALL

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

hhhat posted:

Defensive matrix EATS ALL

Unless you're a junkrat tire

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is there anything that can destroy a Mei ultimate before it's cast? I'm trying to figure out of a D.Va shield popped my drone buddy or what.

D.Va shield can eat the drone, yeah

LeisureSuit Canary
Dec 27, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

You can get over it with your jump jets if you wanna save your conc blast. You can go up the road slightly on the right for a slightly higher start point. Leap from there and burn your boost to get over the top.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

SadisTech posted:

I think I'm officially Good At Lucio now, at least I'm quite often pulling 4 golds including elims on him and feel like I'm successfully carrying matches. But that's in Quick Play. I'm afraid to dip back into solo comp queue. The last couple of times have hurt too much, getting teams that just can't be carried no matter what. Gibraltar attack? Awesome! Slampick Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat, Widow. The 5th guy thinks about it for a while... McCree.

Hmm you'll do fine in competitive. I play him occasionally and get silver and gold in objective kills and sometimes a bronze in elims. I'm not the best with him but I did do well with a team that was mostly dps with 1 tank on Anubis.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The best way to balance is to find out which hero killed you last. That is the one that needs nerfed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I need to nerf.....myself

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nerf bottomless pits TIA

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

Nerf bottomless pits TIA

I'm conflicted because whenever I Lucio, enemy combatants only get booped back like 2-4 feet, but when I get booped, it sends me flying off into the sunset.

No one escapes Pharah Booping though.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I just had some baby throw the comp match I was in as somebody criticized him for playing Hanson on attack when we lost the first round.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ColHannibal posted:

I just had some baby throw the comp match I was in as somebody criticized him for playing Hanson on attack when we lost the first round.

Mmmbop ba dubop ba dubadop!!!!!!!!!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kashuno posted:

I asked a mercy today if she was a heal slut and she said "xD" and then pocket healed me all game and would 1-man rez if I died that is my overwatch story today

I was in a game where the other team had one of those, she'd waste her rez on the reinhardt, pocket him exclusively to the detriment of the rest of the team, etc.

After a while it went from "what the gently caress is that mercy doing" to "oh. OH. :froggonk:"

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

idgi

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Their mercy was actually a 35-year old basement pudge who was tugging it while playing, basically.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
The Internet: Where things have just gone too far.

I'm surprised I haven't heard complaints for the lack of a leather BDSM suit for Roadhog that turns his chain into a whip.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kashuno posted:

Mmmbop ba dubop ba dubadop!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather have the three-stack I had last night that shouted nothing but racial slurs into voice chat.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

They need to implement bans in comp

Not the other team, yours

My thread on the competitive forum got a ton of positive responses and like 150 thumbs up when I recommended it

Hoping Bliz people took notice

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Thor-Stryker posted:

I'm conflicted because whenever I Lucio, enemy combatants only get booped back like 2-4 feet, but when I get booped, it sends me flying off into the sunset.

No one escapes Pharah Booping though.

Are you booping from the front? If they're holding towards you as you do it it kills their momentum really fast due to the strong air control Blizz gives you in this game. This means that characters like Reaper who are trying to close with you as much as they can will often not move far. Use Lucio's mobility in a fight as much as you can. Jump like a ferret on speed and boop from the side as much as you can, especially when you're in a fight with multiple team mates around you so you can get the opponents as they're moving crossways in front of you.

Booping is always useful even when there isn't an easy environmental kill around because it does a small but significant bump of damage, and more importantly, disorients the hell out of the enemy and disrupts their aim. All of these advantages are negated if they see it coming and anticipate it. The only reason to do it from the front is if you absolutely need to clear a small amount of distance or they're right on the edge of a drop that you can nudge them over.

Did I mention jumping around like a ferret on speed? I chased a Soldier onto a health pack a few games back and despite his resetting back to full health I (eventually) booped and punched him to death despite his deploying a heal during the fight, just because I was sticking to the walls and jumping around him out of his line of fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolshi
Feb 14, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

it is absolutely true on console as well

trying to bubble people while you flail around like a drunkard doesn't work either. if you really have to change the sensitivity, turn it a little down. turning it up just hurts your accuracy and that's about it. you're gonna turn slow on a controller no matter what you do and so will everyone else, so don't think about it too hard. it's not really a problem

Console Tracer managing their cooldowns properly is my personal hell for exactly this reason, I just let them fill me with bullets so I can actually hit other things.

35/20 aiming, Z-crew 'main' fwiw