Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

brocretin posted:

seems the way to make enemies of the press is to insult their pride

trump did it ages ago with wapo, and now he's done it with at least cnn

pretty much, also why they went so hard on Hillary being 'evasive' and all, it was just 'waaaah look at us please'. This is even more of a disrespect move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

saints gambit posted:

I've said it before: He's literally Jimmy James from Newsradio, except Jimmy James was only running to meet women.

That is so unfair to Jimmy James

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hey folks i was just glancing at the matter-meter and the needle was shaking a lil bit

should i check the calibration or is something starting to matter, just maybe, at least a tiny amount?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Inglonias posted:

True or not, I don't think he wants to go down that road. Too reminiscent of 2012's unskewing of the polls for my liking.

Yeah, being a polling truther is really dumb. Nobody wants to look as stupid as Dick Morris from 2012. I'll be thrilled if Hillary overperforms, but counting on it is a bad idea.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Inglonias posted:

True or not, I don't think he wants to go down that road. Too reminiscent of 2012's unskewing of the polls for my liking.

yeah. i mean, arzying in september before debates is a bit much but lets calm down now on stuff like this.

i hope cnn just ties corey up by his wrists and has anderson cooper use him as a heavy bag

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

Not the racism, not the hate mongering, the sexism, not the xenophobia...

No, what makes the media finally lose their minds is when he trolls them.

gently caress off.

I agree, but at this point I don't care what causes them to sack up.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Squizzle posted:

hey folks i was just glancing at the matter-meter and the needle was shaking a lil bit

should i check the calibration or is something starting to matter, just maybe, at least a tiny amount?

blow in the cartridge and try again, imo

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

saints gambit posted:

I've said it before: He's literally Jimmy James from Newsradio, except Jimmy James was only running to meet women.

That is an insult to Jimmy James.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So is the media finally crawling out of the ooze and growing a loving spine?

Has the insulting of Cooper forced CNN to stop being retarded?

All of my push notifications are about how Trump finally admits Obama was born in the US. Why is this not being framed as a bad thing?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/776810142914445312

Seiken Hiro posted:

Death to capitalism. Mindless pursuit of profit is reaching its logical conclusion

:agreed:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Boy deleting video of something that wasn't newsworthy to begin with will really show that Trump guy!!!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i don't mean metaphorically, i hope corey's new job at cnn is getting punched in the ribs for a daily half-hour boxing workout show with anderson "the gay silver fox" cooper

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

trump's both a narcissist and a fascist, neither of those are types of people who know when to stop or how to pace themselves

i reckoned it was only a matter of time before he pushed too hard and this may be what just happened

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Montasque posted:

Not the racism, not the hate mongering, the sexism, not the xenophobia...

No, what makes the media finally lose their minds is when he trolls them.

gently caress off.

Priorities, man!

(I agree)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I have been engrossed and watching politics basically every day since the late 90's. I've worked in campaigns and lobbied.

This is the funniest loving thing I have ever seen. I'm dying.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Phi230 posted:

Well it would be nice. But I wouldn't count on it.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Phi230 posted:

in a way, although it's not, it could be intentional

if you hear them bitching for 4-5 months of general election cycle, people get tired of it and it might say "maybe the media is biased"

but now they see a transition of pro-trump to anti-trump after some breaking point

i mean lol nothing matters but who loving knows any more

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

brocretin posted:

trump's both a narcissist and a fascist, neither of those are types of people who know when to stop or how to pace themselves

i reckoned it was only a matter of time before he pushed too hard and this may be what just happened

is this also why Hilary collapsed?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
man we're like

almost a week away from the debates

a week

its gonna be an eternity

time is going to lurch as Trump piles up on the scandals

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Phi230 posted:

All of my push notifications are about how Trump finally admits Obama was born in the US. Why is this not being framed as a bad thing?

Eh, give it a week or two and see if they go back to licking his shoes in the name of ratings and the horserace narrative.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
lol that american media wants to be relevant in the internet age

just lol

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
I never thought he would win but I'm starting to think it may be legit impossible. I think he could see that he used to be behind in the polls but now that it's close he's 1000% more emboldened to ditch the TelePrompTer and it's all going to come crashing down again. The polls are actually a self-correcting tool guaranteeing his loss cause the better he does the more he lets his true shitlord flag fly.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
links to video?

ive been reading the thread while getting ready for work and i do not know what is going on

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/776812815843594240

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Inglonias posted:

no because the two are not happening in a vacuum. after 08-14 the idea that pundits know gently caress-all and Only Polls Matter penetrated the national consciousness. in response people who would in years past send their expert commentators to do the cable news/sunday morning circuit are now publishing terrible loving polls by the buttload

you can say "good polls matter" as much as you could in previous cycles, and it's not unskewing to examine polling methodologies and house effects to say that some polls are worth more consideration than others

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
so is THIS when the media grows a spine?

nah, haha. lol.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/jayrosen_nyu/status/776813355466129408

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
This election is like physically making me angry, Trump is factually a racist, scam artist and a liar, this has been literally known for years, there is actual proof, there is no question...

Yet now is the moment that the news media decides to call him out and be outraged?

WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON?!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If the media keeps slurping his dick after this treatment I hope every network gets eaten by a sinkhole.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Perfectly Safe posted:

I wonder if he ever stiffs himself.

when he looks at ivanka

was this joke made, its from 5 pages back and im not gonna check

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so Trump ran a savage burn on the press corps huh

good for him. i hope they start tearing at him like a pack of depraved jackals over this, but good for him nonetheless

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Three Olives posted:

This election is like physically making me angry, Trump is factually a racist, scam artist and a liar, this has been literally known for years, there is actual proof, there is no question...

Yet now is the moment that the news media decides to call him out and be outraged?

nothing matters

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Three Olives posted:

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

iospace posted:

Remember how "LOL NOTHING MATTERS?"
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/776810727030030337
It's mattering.

this certainly doesn't play into Trump's "the media is against me" narrative

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/776813651802066944

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Tatsuta Age posted:

blow in the cartridge

*pulls out ideas notebook and pencil and writes "cocaine shotgun"*

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
pls just replace cnn with a feed of every politician saying one thing followed by them saying the opposite thing on anything they've ever said.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wait so a bunch of MOH winners stood behind him just to hear him talk about his hotel?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/776814020707975168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/776813547909177344

• Locked thread